PDA

View Full Version : Updated Rivals.com Top 150: Bell Jr. jumps up to #36

CDC84
05-20-2010, 08:47 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2288

Gary Bell Jr. jumped from #74 to #36. Kyle Wiltjer is at #23 (which is where I think he was last time).

BobZag
05-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Niiiice.

Kiddwell
05-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Wiltjer's now a 5-star. McDonald's All American candidate now, hmm?

:]

CDC84
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Wiltjer is also one spot away from being a 5 star at scout.com. The top 20 recruits at scout.com are given a 5 star designation, and Kyle is at #21.

I would be very surprised if Wiltjer wasn't a McDonald's AA. He's one of the top 3-4 players on the west coast with just about everybody. Jabari Brown (guard from Oakland) and Tony Wroten are the only guys consistently rated ahead of him.

MDABE80
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Wroten...nah...love Bell. Something tells me Wiltjer is going to be very very hard to get to GU. Just a very smart kid with some ties to GU but he's on another level. All this with another full year of HS to go! I cannot imagine how good it would be to see him with Rob, KO, Sam (and maybe Elias) on the front line. Put that group together with good wings and superior guards and it's an E 8 group. Kyle is key....he'll be a tough one to get though.....too many suitors at the Elite level. My guess is that it'll get more crowded during his Sr year at Jesuit.

maynard g krebs
05-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Just guessing here, but I wonder if the Scout people are starting to realize that GB has high level pg skills and is much more than the undersized 2 that some have called him.

Could be a bit of a poor man's Chris Paul imo. (Going heavy on the qualifiers here so as not to go too overboard.)

cjm720
05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Wroten...nah...love Bell. Something tells me Wiltjer is going to be very very hard to get to GU. Just a very smart kid with some ties to GU but he's on another level. All this with another full year of HS to go! I cannot imagine how good it would be to see him with Rob, KO, Sam (and maybe Elias) on the front line. Put that group together with good wings and superior guards and it's an E 8 group. Kyle is key....he'll be a tough one to get though.....too many suitors at the Elite level. My guess is that it'll get more crowded during his Sr year at Jesuit.

I wouldn't underestimate the fact that we were on this kid early. Among the many schools he's listed in the past, with us in his top 3 bodes well.

Gary Bell Jr. explicitly mentioned the fact that Few was the first to pursue him and it obviously worked. I don't know how early in the recruitment process we were, but I'd have to think it was on the early side.

go zags!!

CDC84
05-20-2010, 03:23 PM
The Zags have been on Wiltjer even longer than Bell Jr. Hopefully it pays off.

810Suited
05-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey guys just passing this along, about GBJ.
I asked:
Nice to see Gary Bell Jr. get moved up in the rankings. He is a big get for Gonzaga. What did you guys see in him that caused his movement in the rankings? What kind of impact do you see him capable of having his freshman year?

Answer by Jerry Meyer:
Bell has a great physique and a complete game. Really getting to know his game and like it a lot. Do think he will have an impact early.

Answer by Eric Bossi:
Like that Gary appears to be a college ready guard from a skill and mental standpoint. Versatile enough that he can play the two or the one and he's a potential defensive stopper as he adjusts his footwork a little. Going out on a bit of a limb for him, we'll see how it turns out.

deathchina
05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I guess we can all stop claiming the "gonzaga effect" now...

Zag79
05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
looks good, i really like his game. he can score from anywhere, shoots deep, mid rangers, knows how to use the backboard for up and unders, and more. seems a little slow but great first step and crossover move. reminds me of raivio and frahm mixed together.

BobZag
05-24-2010, 09:12 AM
looks good, i really like his game. he can score from anywhere, shoots deep, mid rangers, knows how to use the backboard for up and unders, and more. seems a little slow but great first step and crossover move. reminds me of raivio and frahm mixed together.

Reminds of a slightly shorter Steven Gray with better PG skills.

Zag79
05-25-2010, 03:51 AM
Reminds of a slightly shorter Steven Gray with better PG skills.

acutally he does have some similar features to gray as well. nice looking ball player thats for sure.