PDA

View Full Version : Memphis at Gonzaga: February 5, 2011

CDC84
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
According to Katz:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/5183861/pastner-takes-time-making-decisions

(it would be nice, for once, if this could be grouped with a Thursday night home game against Portland instead of a Thursday night road game AT Portland)

229SintoZag
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Or against Gonzaga at the Spokane Arena?

Jakester425
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Looks like I'm going to the game for my b-day :)

BobZag
05-14-2010, 05:36 PM
According to Katz:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/5183861/pastner-takes-time-making-decisions

(it would be nice, for once, if this could be grouped with a Thursday night home game against Portland instead of a Thursday night road game AT Portland)

I'll drink to that.

Should be a better RPI game this year if Memphis' #1 recruiting class lives up to its billing.

d2zag
05-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Alright, chaps. Hang on to your knickers. I think Gameday's coming to town.

BobZag
05-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Alright, chaps. Hang on to your knickers. I think Gameday's coming to town.

It might take more years to earn back ESPN's trust in GU, after that big fat egg the Zags laid two games ago. Xavier-Gonzaga in K2 might be more appealing. :)

d2zag
05-14-2010, 06:54 PM
It might take more years to earn back ESPN's trust in GU, after that big fat egg the Zags laid two games ago. Xavier-Gonzaga in K2 might be more appealing. :)

The thing is is that Gameday doesn't start until January :( I think it might be too good to turn down. I mean, we're both going to be top 15 teams. It'll be "America's Team" or who now I like to refer to as "The World's Team" :) vs. the team that arguably brought in the top ranked recruiting class in the country. Two of the best non-BCS teams in what I think is THE premiere game on the West Coast.

Bogozags
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM

I agree!

Isn't this also a first-time meeting for both clubs or at least in the Few Era?

Ekrub
05-15-2010, 08:46 AM
We played xavier in the tourney in '06 (you may have chosen to forget that entire year as I wish I could) And I believe we have played them one other time in the non-conf? Can't remember when though.