PDA

View Full Version : Idaho's Recruiting Class Better Than GU's..

Angelo Roncalli
05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
at least according to Hoop Scoop:

http://www.uiathletics.com/pages/sport.asp?Action=DrawNewsArticle&SportID=2&NewsID=4460&PageID=13

CDC, you have a subscription to Hoop Scoop. Fill us in on this nonsense.

4EVERaZAG
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Apparently quantity is more important than quality... Stick with Rivals they are actually on top of their game.

lothar98zag
05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
It probably goes a little something like this...

Total recruiting points = sum of recruits stars

i.e. 5 - 2 star recruits = 10 points or 2 - 5 star recruits = 10 points

since Idaho has 7 recruits, it would make sense they are ranked pretty high...

Nevtelen
05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
That is idiotic. Not that I don't wish the best for Idaho or anything (especially if they're on our schedule again - not having them be an RPI albatross around our necks would be great), but come on...

UberZagFan
05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
It probably goes a little something like this...

Total recruiting points = sum of recruits stars

i.e. 5 - 2 star recruits = 10 points or 2 - 5 star recruits = 10 points

since Idaho has 7 recruits, it would make sense they are ranked pretty high...

Quantity over quality.

mtzaga
05-08-2007, 03:36 AM
No offense to you Vandal fans out there, but if these guys were so good, they would not be going to Idaho.

kjstoph1
05-08-2007, 05:23 AM
at least according to Hoop Scoop:

http://www.uiathletics.com/pages/sport.asp?Action=DrawNewsArticle&SportID=2&NewsID=4460&PageID=13

CDC, you have a subscription to Hoop Scoop. Fill us in on this nonsense.

Is George Pfeiffer the webmaster for Hoop Scoop?

jbslicer
05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
The Dennis Erickson effect must be spilling over to basketball. Vandal Nation is gonna roar.

spudzag
05-08-2007, 07:54 AM
It's tough being an Idaho fan.

CDC84
05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.hoopscooponline.com/

I don't have a subscription to Hoop Scoop, which is by far and away the most expensive recruiting site on the internet: $45 per month. I do occasionally listen to their free Sunday night recruiting show, but only for the guests. BTW....the co-host of the recruiting show is NYC big wig Ron Naclerio, who used to be Theo Davis' coach at Cardoza HS. He phones in remotely...I don't think he has any affiliation with Hoop Scoop.

The guy that runs the Hoop Scoop operation, Clarke Francis, spends half his time bashing Greg Hicks and future UCLA Bruin Jerime Anderson. His claim to fame, or so he says, is that his site evaluates more players than any other site. Scout.com has their top 100, Rivals their top 150...Hoop Scoop goes to 300 or something. He's also notorious for being one of the only analysts to carry his clipboard around middle schools in an effort to "catch the big fish" coming up river before the other talent scouts see him. He even evaluates 6th graders. Because his site doesn't have team message boards, he argues that his opinions are more objective. The truth of the matter is that he is a "shock jock" recruiting analyst...he just likes to cause controversy, thinking it will attract more subscribers to his costly site.

As far as Hoop Scoop's team rankings are concerned......beats me. I can tell you that while Francis thinks highly of Austin Daye, I don't think he thinks much of Steven Gray or Robert Sacre. By contrast, Hoopmasters.com, which also doesn't have team message boards, has Daye at #34, Gray at #91, and Sacre at #106.

BTW...off the topic a bit = San Jose, CA prep big man Drew Gordon verbaled to UCLA yesterday. He's 2008. Between Anderson, Malcolm Lee and Gordon, the Bruins have the makings of a really good 2008 class.