PDA

View Full Version : A specific Marquise Carter question

cjm720
05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know why Carter redshirted at Twin City College?

I've never heard of a redshirt at the JUCO level.

Thanks in advance and please no Meech bashing.

gozagswoohoo
05-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know why Carter redshirted at Twin City College?

I've never heard of a redshirt at the JUCO level.

Thanks in advance and please no Meech bashing.

Ha Ha Ha! I LOVE IT! We should seriously have a "No Meech Bashing Clause" or something, because you're right. It doesn't matter if the thread starts out as "How is it possible for a monkey to be addicted to cigarettes", it ALWAYS ENDS IN A THREAD ABOUT BASHING MEECH!!!

Oh, and to answer your original question...I have no idea. hehe

BobZag
05-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Maybe he was injured, maybe he needed to get his grades higher, maybe he had a baby (with a woman, of course), or maybe he simply looks good in red.

I don't quite understand the dying need to know this?

americasteam
05-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Or maybe there were too many guards a year ahead of him and the coach suggested he redshirt a year so they can really take advantage of his skills. Tons of reasons, happens all the time. The local jc here in Spokane had several. Not uncommon at all

cjm720
05-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Or maybe there were too many guards a year ahead of him and the coach suggested he redshirt a year so they can really take advantage of his skills. Tons of reasons, happens all the time. The local jc here in Spokane had several. Not uncommon at all

Cool, thanks mucho.

Jedster
05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Ha Ha Ha! I LOVE IT! We should seriously have a "No Meech Bashing Clause" or something, because you're right. It doesn't matter if the thread starts out as "How is it possible for a monkey to be addicted to cigarettes", it ALWAYS ENDS IN A THREAD ABOUT BASHING MEECH!!!

To answer you monkey and cigarette question, it's because Meech can't shoot the three and has no idea how to run an offense. Duh!

:lmao:

gamagin
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=gozagswoohoo;569038]"How is it possible for a monkey to be addicted to cigarettes?"

I think it's because smokers left their smoldering butts around and the monkeys were imitating humans and thus learned how to smoke and eventually, got hooked.

Speaking of smoldering butts, I think Meech should be sitting on his more next season. Thanks for the opportunity to work this into this riveting thread.

FlyZag
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Cool, thanks mucho.

It happens ALL the time. Some people make JUCO out to be this horrific thing. There are a thousand reasons why someone would attend a JUCO out of HS rather than go straight to a 4 yr. And another thousand reasons on why he/she would redshirt.

My first GUESS would be that he wanted to preserve a year of eligibility for his 4yr school when he got there.

theman.themyth.thelegend
05-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Trust me, Marquise chose to redshirt for a very good reason. A tough decision for him to make, but a very responsible, mature, and admirable one.

Lets just leave it at that and realize we're lucky to have him on board. :)

Go Zags!

dim4sum
05-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Legend you say Carter red-shirted for a very good reason. Now you've got me curious. What WAS the reason?

kitzbuel
05-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe he was injured, maybe he needed to get his grades higher, maybe he had a baby (with a woman, of course), or maybe he simply looks good in red.

I don't understand how National Enquirer stays in business, either, but it does.

gozagswoohoo
05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Lololol

Angelo Roncalli
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
What in the world difference does it make?

former1dog
05-12-2010, 11:56 AM
What in the world difference does it make?

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/391/curiosity.png (http://img203.imageshack.us/i/curiosity.png/)

ridgebackzag
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM

I thought the offseason is expected to bring these kinds of questions.

jigga5
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
nik raivio did something very similar as well. Lots of kids are late bloomers and can use the extra year. Worked out pretty well for Lil nik.

Zag79
05-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Speaking of smoldering butts, I think Meech should be sitting on his more next season. Thanks for the opportunity to work this into this riveting thread.

for who? no one will run it better than him, certainly not a juco transfer.

gamagin
05-14-2010, 06:35 AM

it was a joke. get a mitt . . .

jim77
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Wether Marquise starts or not, Goodson is a valubale guy to have. How many times did he get runover drawing the charge? I suspect Meech will improve his game but, his hustle alone makes him a valuble player.....Keep bombing those 3's MEECH!

Some folks should go back and watch Butler play its final 3 games....their offense was nothing to write home about...their shooting percentage was dismal.....yet they took Duke to the wire...why? Defense...the type Meech is physically capable of playing. I'm REALLY happy he didn't tranfer.

Ezag
05-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Oh I think Carter does look pretty good in red...but blue IS his real color.

primal23
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Meech bought the cigs for the monkey of course!!! :lmao:

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm almost convinced that you are actually Meech; almost. ;)

Zag79
05-15-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm almost convinced that you are actually Meech; almost.

:lmao:

dim4sum
05-16-2010, 05:44 PM
somehow we'll muddle through next season with 28 or 29 victories and a front line oriented team. Then the following season both Bell and Drainganis start as freshmen in the backcourt. Meech and Carter should be aware that their playing time in their senior year may be limited. They are transitional players/

BroncoZAG615
05-16-2010, 06:08 PM
somehow we'll muddle through next season with 28 or 29 victories and a front line oriented team. Then the following season both Bell and Drainganis start as freshmen in the backcourt. Meech and Carter should be aware that their playing time in their senior year may be limited. They are transitional players/

Mark Few starting two freshman guards at the same time over a stable of experienced guards?

I would like to make a wager with you on this statement. Is this legal on the board? It is my opinion that Dranginis will redshirt (insanely weak defensive player) and Bell will play but I can't see him starting from day one.

zag67
05-16-2010, 08:27 PM
I do not think that they will start, but they will get major playing time (assuming that they learn the plays quickly).

Zag79
05-17-2010, 12:47 AM
some of you crack me the #### up. if he starts this year and plays well (which i fully anticipate him to do), meech will NEVER be benched or lose his spot to a true freshman. :lmao: he would be so much stronger, faster, smarter, such a better leader, and would know the finest details in the same system these freshman would be confused by. sorry, i dont buy any of it.