PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities to see future Zags in Spokane

BobZag
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM
In chronological order--

As posted in another thread, Kyle Dranginis will be playing at West Valley High School on May 22 & 23. Specific game times have not yet been finalized but when they are they'll be posted in this thread.

From June 20 to 23, 2012 Gonzaga recruit 6'10" 250# Darien Nelson-Henry will be attending Gonzaga's first Team Camp with his Lake Washington squad. As with all team camps, teams play in the fieldhouse, old Kennel and the Warehouse, depending on the day. Schedules are on various walls in Martin Centre and Warehouse.

From June 27 to 30, Gary Bell, Jr. and his Kentridge team will be playing in Gonzaga's second Team Camp. Locations are same as above.

I will know soon if Dranginis and Skyview High School attend a Gonzaga Team Camp, or not.

It is possible Anrio Adams and Franklin High School could be at a Team Camp; they attended last summer.

Kyle Wiltjer could be attending Gonzaga's Elite Camp but that camp is closed to the public. I do not believe Jesuit High School will be attending a Gonzaga Team Camp, but I could be wrong. I do know Dranginis will be at this camp, and I expect other very viable Zag prospects will also attend.

If anything new comes to light, I'll post here.

dim4sum
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I know the team has minimal interest in him, and I wasn't that impressed in what I had seen of him, but he is attracting some division one interest. Seems like a logical candidate for a lesser div one program like Cal Poly or Eastern Washington.

zagfan08
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Kingma isn't being recruited by the Pac 10 or Gonzaga. Sounds like he'll be a BYU Cougar. Good fit, in my opinion.

MDABE80
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
He's a good kid.....as we all know. He'll be in D1...no doubt about it.
We need locals on the team. He might have fit but I hope he flourishes wherever he lands.

BobZag
05-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I think I'm most interested in watching Nelson-Henry. If he's as good as I've been hearing, he might very well be a Zag when camp is finished. Just sayin'.

OZZY
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
BZ, any Canadian / B.C.teams coming down that you know of?

BobZag
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Not that I know of, but skan may be the man to ask about that.

ZagaZags
05-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey BZ do you think we will pick up 1 more recruit ( From USA or Europe ) for the 2010 class? Or save them for Wiljer and Pangos? We are down to 10 scholarship players for 2010 and PT should not be a problem for the players next season. But if we get an injury......... Maybe the walk ons will see some PT. And on another note, I think GJ would have gotten some good PT this season if he stayed. I guess he did not think he was as good as GBJ KD MC KH and Meech so he hit the panic button and left. I think if we get Pangos GJ would get lost in the mix in 2011 and 2012.

BobZag
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey BZ do you think we will pick up 1 more recruit ( From USA or Europe ) for the 2010 class? Or save them for Wiljer and Pangos?

I absolutely think so, yes, for 2010, and Wiltjer and Pangos remain Priority 1 & 1A for 2011, regardless.

nonzagzag
05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
din't somebody post a while back that Pangos was going to visit soon?

BobZag
05-09-2010, 10:20 AM
din't somebody post a while back that Pangos was going to visit soon?

He and his father will visit right after the Nike Global Challenge in Portland if Kevin is invited to be on Team Canada. If Kevin isn't invited, they'll visit later in Fall. But yes, they'll be visiting.

BobZag
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Dranginis' Skyview team WILL be attending GU Team Camp #2, from June 27-30, so he'll be at GU the same time Gary Bell, Jr. and Kentridge will be here.

Perhaps they'll play together during those late-night pickup games? :)