PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Dranginis, too

BobZag
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
As much as we all love Gary Bell, Jr's commitment, don't sleep on Dranginis. Kyle has kind of been the forgotten guy in 2011, but I tell you he can shoot it with the best of 'em, pass it with the best of 'em, be a savvy floor general with the best of 'em, and is long and knows how to use that length to be disruptive on D. I've watched multiple games on DVD and internet, and no, the caliber of competition in Southern Idaho does not measure up to the competition in Seattle or Portland, but that's hardly Kyle's fault. I really hope his AAU team, Boise Flite White, goes up against the big guns this summer so Dranginis can erase all doubts about how good he is.

Don't sleep on this kid.

MDABE80
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
BZ...He's a terrific shooter and passer. Bell's got some "sizzle" to him not only because he's good but because the media has pumped him up...at least the media we see.
Kyle, is a big guard who's got all the markings of a terrific player...lots of scoring, passing, etc. He from down there-->Boise. We don't get much from there and the media hasn't done much for him. He's a bigger guard. I like him, his size, his ballhandling, shooting and he'll grab rebounds too. He's a tough kid who will compete hard.

I think we've been distracted from him and not informed as to how good he is.

Look around though. HECK! We have more knowledge about Pangos, Notice, etc because we have Canada on our mind these days. Cheerleaders abound of the board! Kyle's got very little in the way of cheerleaders who keep us inform of his every move. That'll change when he gets here. Hands off Leon!

BobZag
05-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a feeling a kid could be the next Kobe Bryant but if he's from Nampa, ID, or any Southern Idaho town, not many people would know about him.

Jedster
05-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Haven't seen video on Kyle, so have no basis to judge, but how does Kyle score in regards to athleticism? Sounds like the shooting, passing and leadership is there. If there's one thing that has given us fits in the past is when we match up to some of the top tier athletic teams (think Memphis). Thanks for the info!

hondo
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I have a feeling a kid could be the next Kobe Bryant but if he's from Nampa, ID, or any Southern Idaho town, not many people would know about him.
I know what you mean Bob.

BobZag
05-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Haven't seen video on Kyle, so have no basis to judge, but how does Kyle score in regards to athleticism? Sounds like the shooting, passing and leadership is there. If there's one thing that has given us fits in the past is when we match up to some of the top tier athletic teams (think Memphis). Thanks for the info!

On a par with Bouldin, Stepp... Way above Gibbs, with all due respect.

ZagFanNoMatterWhereIAm
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have a link to a video or a clip of this kid? Or perhaps does anyone have a Boise Flight schedule?

Jedster
05-03-2010, 05:56 PM

Thanks BZ! It's great that we are starting to recruit (and get) more regularly top notch recruits that will be as athletic as the top teams we'll play in the future.

zagco
05-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Zagco can think of three Boise-area Zag men hoopsters--Goss, Violette, and now DrinkGuinness.

Let's see..... Didn't Skip Smyser (an Idaho politico for years) play for the Zags?

Can anyone think of any other Boise-area former Zagsters?

BroncoZAG615
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Excuse me if this has been brought up elsewhere but does anyone have Boise Flite White's AAU schedule.

skan72
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
This weekend I chatted with a coach of Dranginis' AAU team, he said he has hit a slump right now. They're at a tourney in Vegas I believe.

roxdoc
05-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Can't wait to see Kyle and Gary on the floor at the same time! Boy a year and a half is a long time, but we will probably be enjoying the adventures of other Zags in the meantime. :D

cggonzaga
05-03-2010, 10:26 PM

Kyle reminds me a lot of Grevais Vasquez and Bell reminds me of a more aggressive Steven Gray.

Bogozags
05-04-2010, 04:09 AM
BZ, since you have seen him on DVD's and the like, have you seen him play against any athletic guards? If so, then my next question, can he defend them? One of the comments frequently made about Matt, was he had difficulty matching up against athletic guards. Will this be a strength or weakness for Kyle? We know he has excellent size and from what I've been reading, is a player with a great Bball IQ and skills to boot BUT will he, in your opinion, be able to defend athletic PG's?

BroncoZAG615
05-04-2010, 05:56 AM
I haven't seen Kyle play against any noticably athletic guards and he even had trouble staying in front of them. He's going to need a redshirt year to develop his foot speed and overall dedication to defense but he should be fine.

Unless he improves dramatically, you're never going to think of him as a lock down type guy but I don't think the staff is bringing him in for his defense. He's a very solid scorer.

BobZag
05-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Kyle has been out for Track & Field, so his basketball game might not be at its peak right now, but Boise Flite went to Vegas last weekend and won the Spring Showcase Tournament there. I'll get Flite's schedule and an update on Kyle soon.

everybodycougsit
05-04-2010, 09:40 AM

not terribly athletic, not the greatest defender, good shooter and passer...sure sounds like grant gibbs. what exactly seperates him from gibbs? or is this just a recruit appreciation thread?

BobZag
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
not terribly athletic, not the greatest defender, good shooter and passer...sure sounds like grant gibbs. what exactly seperates him from gibbs?

Everything.

(or is this just a recruit appreciation thread?)

Cute.

229SintoZag
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Will he be the kind of skinny guard from Boise with the attitude and mentality to get in a scrap with John Stockton during fall pickup rat ball games?