PDA

View Full Version : Who will have a greater impact next year?

jscrk
04-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Who will have a greater impact next year: Marquise Carter or Keegan Hyland? Which one of these players will receive the greatest amount of playing time?

LynetteG
04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Marquise without a doubt. He's been playing against college kids for 2 years now, and Keegan barely played his senior year. That's at least my 2 cents, LOL

zag67
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I agree with Lynette.

Zagatak
04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Marquise without a doubt. He's been playing against college kids for 2 years now, and Keegan barely played his senior year. That's at least my 2 cents, LOL

+Uno

hondo
04-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Really hard to say at this point. Depends a lot on need of the team. If GJ or Meech start hitting their outside shots it that might be a huge factor. Opening up the middle will be a need, whomever can do that will play.

Jedster
04-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Carter...as Lynette said, he's played two years at JC and Few brought him in to help run the offense and provide offense. Seems Keegan has been brought in mostly to provide a deep threat. Carter will bring a more all around game next year as opposed to Hyland.

WhitworthZAG
04-30-2010, 11:22 PM
sorry to be critical of you Hondo, but you just don't START hitting your outside shots when you are a junior in college. GJ and Meech both bring different and very good things to the table, one of those for Meech is not shooting. My six year old might beat him in a game of horse. If Carter can deminstrate that he can handle the offense and score when needed he will play. I still like what I see from GJ, but a little bird told me he just doesn't understand the offense.

2wiceright
04-30-2010, 11:36 PM
I would also have to agree with Lynette as well, as long as he is able to beat out Meech for the starting spot (which isn't a given). OTO, If Hyland has the work ethic and confidence as advertised, he very well could be another (hate to say this) Deladova (without the mouthpiece), which would be an instant kickstart to our offense. Without more info, I would go with Carter either to push Meech to make him better, or possibly to get a large amount of his playing time (which, in any scenario, should make our team better).

cjm720
05-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Carter...

BobZag
05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Keegan.

dim4sum
05-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll wager (but not much) that Jason Hart will surprise everyone and get more playing time than Keegan or Carter.

MickMick
05-01-2010, 09:47 PM
All a guessing game right now.

You could make an argument for any of the guards. Roll the ball out and may the best man win.

Zags will be a better team when the dust settles.

Bogozags
05-02-2010, 07:13 AM
I'll wager (but not much) that Jason Hart will surprise everyone and get more playing time than Keegan or Carter.

First off, Carter will get more playing time because of his ability to play the PG and SG while Keegan is an SG. Carter might well be playing upwards of 20+ minutes at PG/SG if he picks up Coach Few's skeems and is able to move his feet on the defensive end. These two keys will be the main difference in his playing time. Meech plays pretty decent defense and his weaknesses are shooting and making post passes. Believe you either have the ability to make the passes or you don't, it isn't something you can get at WalMart...IMO.

Now, you brough up a very interesting point...MICHAELHart is an extremely smart and gifted player. He didn't shoot much last year but made some very nice passes as well as rebounded. He does have game and it will be interesting to see how he progresses this summer.

Regarding another post, same thread, about Meech and GJ developing their shots...don't see it...if Meech doesn't have a shot by now, don't see him manufacturing one over the summer. If Coach Few felt differently, he would not have "spent" a scholarship on a JC PG/SG as he has a TON of guards from which to chose.

Keegan needs to develop strength as his understanding of the game appears to be quite strong and he will indeed play a strong roll this upcoming season BUT for him to get large minutes, he will have to really improve over the summer...IMO.

webspinnre
05-02-2010, 08:33 AM

Mike?

Rim Rockah
05-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Hyland will get more PT easily than Carter and have a bigger impact. Hyland will be your prototypical Zag with a high basketball IQ. Not to knock Carter but Hyland will be a top scorer in the WCC by his sophmore year with a Morrison Jumper and Raivio like handles with the ball. Besides I honestly don't see all the hype surrounding Carter. He might turn out to be like Pmac and get schooled in the weak WCC.

zagsfanforlife
05-02-2010, 12:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Hart