PDA

View Full Version : Taking a look-see at '11 Jordan Daniels

BobZag
04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
From the UCLA site--

5-9 junior (2011) point guard Jordan Daniels has a UTEP scholarship offer and interest from UCLA, Gonzaga, Portland and San Diego...

And from ESPN.com--

March, 2010: Daniels has slowly elevated his game since last spring. He has high-level speed and quickness, but has a tiny frame and he lacks strength. His handle (terrific cross over) is slick and precise and he possesses great burst off the dribble. He can deliver the nifty pass in traffic or advance the ball quickly in transition. He always has his head up and he is the ultra-competitor. His jump shot is quite good with a smooth release and he his mid-range pull-up in transition is deadly. Despite his size he can get into the lane and he can get off his runner or up-and-under shot in traffic. Daniels is one of the better looking point guard prospects in the west, but his lack of size will be tested as he heads into the spring and summer against other highly-ranked point guards.

December, 2009: Daniels has a small frame and there is concern on how much muscle mass he can add, but he definitely has all the other intangibles scouts and coaches look for in a Division I point guard prospect. He has a high basketball IQ and generally makes sound decisions on the court. He advances the ball very well in transition and always has his head up. His passing skills are precise and he knows how to get the ball directly to the shooters hands. He can knock down the 3-point shot as well and has a nice pull-up in transition. In addition, Daniels exemplifies confidence on the court and appears to be a natural leader. Overall, he appears to be one of the better point guard prospects in the west coast class of 2011.

Something tells me Plan B, behind Pangos, but that's just my take.

webspinnre
04-27-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm not a huge fan of short PGs, but that's just me. Still, as a backup plan, could be promising.

MickMick
04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Another guard. What is GU becoming? The Villanova of the West?

kitzbuel
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Another guard. What is GU becoming? The Villanova of the Wes

There is also David Stockton in there, too.

LynetteG
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Wow, I freaked out a little bit when I saw Jordan Daniels, because Jordan's middle name is....Daniel... :)

ZagNative
04-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I looked him up when I saw a reference where he mentioned the Zags, and I sure didn't see anything I thought was notable. Didn't even bookmark anything - me the queen of bookmarking for future reference ...