PDA

View Full Version : Watch Kevin Pangos at 2:30 Today for Free!

BobZag
04-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Gonzaga target Kevin Pangos (6'1" Guard from Canada) plays in MSG today in the International Game and it's webcast live and free. Sign up here--

http://hsbnetwork.tv/jordanbrandclassictv.html

The International Game is between a Regional Game (NYC vs Suburbs) and the United States Games that ESPN2 will air at 5:00.

Enjoy!

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks, just registered.

U Zig, I Zag
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks BZ.

If that site had a web design face, I would punch it. My eyes!!!! My eyes!!!

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Anyone else having a hard time trying to watch this?

skan72
04-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Anyone else having a hard time trying to watch this?

Not at all. Works for me! Pangos hit jumper early, then Notice came down for the other team and hit a jumper. It's been nice for the Canadians. Didn't know Anthony Bennett was also in this game, saw him when he was in grade 9 on the U15 Ontario team two years ago. He's come a LONG way from then.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Not at all. Works for me! Pangos hit jumper early, then Notice came down for the other team and hit a jumper. It's been nice for the Canadians. Didn't know Anthony Bennett was also in this game, saw him when he was in grade 9 on the U15 Ontario team two years ago. He's come a LONG way from then.

It's asking me for a password, and when I gave them my email to get the password it says that I want to update my profile; I don't, I want a password. Do you have the link to the game?

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 01:35 PM
This is really annoying, I registered hours ago, and when I tried to log in, it said that it would send me the password to view the webcast, but instead of sending me a password, it says I want to update my profile. UGH!!! :mad:

skan72
It's asking me for a password, and when I gave them my email to get the password it says that I want to update my profile; I don't, I want a password. Do you have the link to the game?

Oh, I signed up. Doesn't cost anything, but you don't have to. I'll give you the stuff.

Hit the website that Bob linked, but click the middle link/logo that says view webcasts. username: hsbnetwork password: JBCintl

northsidezagfan
user name: hsbnetwork
password: JBCintl

skan72
04-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Take notice Notice looks very good, I've noticed.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks you guys are awesome. I wasn't getting any of those things. :confused:

skan72
04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Three Canadians in this game, two in the JBC... Love it!

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
It's buffering every 10 seconds, is that happening to anyone else? Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

skan72
04-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Puerto Rico point guard... Carmelo Benencourt (sp?) looks very good as a point guard for the white team. Dang.

Benencourt strips the ball from Pangos. Tough D. Pangos dribbles a bit high.

skan72
04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
This is getting too frustrating to watch with all the buffering and freezing. I think I'll just order the DVD once the game is over.

ID ZAGFAN
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM
It's buffering every 10 seconds, is that happening to anyone else? Is there a way to stop it from doing that?

Do you have satellite internet? We live out in the country and can get either dial-up or satellite. And our satellite specifically says that you can't get video streaming live on it. I tried once and got just what you are describing.

ID ZAGFAN

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
The last 30 seconds was awful.

skan72
04-17-2010, 02:05 PM
As soon as I said I was fed up with it it started working just fine. Absolutely no buffering issues since I said that. I closed every window and tab besides the game, don't know if that is what made the difference or not.

skan72
04-17-2010, 02:05 PM
The last 30 seconds was awful.

In terms of basketball, agreed. Some of the guys are very selfish. I really like Benencourt's game and Notice is quite impressive as well.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Is anyone else not getting any sound?

ZagNative
04-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I never could manage to get the video and so gave up. Probably some sneaky background setting on my computer.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
I never could manage to get the video and so gave up. Probably some sneaky background setting on my computer.

Did you follow posts 8 and 9?

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
The German kid Muller looks really good; looks like Elias in the face a bit too.

ZagNative
04-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Did you follow posts 8 and 9?Yup. Still no go. S'okay. I'll survive without it.

How is Kevin looking?

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Pangos has great court vision and passing skills; he's a true pg, in every aspect.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:44 PM
KP plays great "d" too, having a few blocks and several steals; he appears to be content running the show and not scoring. The German sg, Muller (19pts so far) is really impressive, great stroke, and Notice (16 and 8) is athletic as heck.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Notice is SICK; sweet turn around jumper, Pangos responds in kind.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Ok, if we haven't offered Notice yet, we better do so in a hurray; he is very, very good.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Pangos buries a long 3. The announcer just called him "Steve Nash 2.0"; should I charge him a trademark fee? :D

MDABE80
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Replay on ESPN2 is on at 5 pm west coast time.
Kevin's got skills and I think we've found a super player for the point. A bit slow but that'll pick up...I think he's just cautious.

I'm thinking this is our guy. Hope the coaches can convice him of that.
Smooth, good passer and shooter. Has great understanding and "feel" for the game. We don't need "fancy"...we need "solid". All these years of igh end experience, I think we know what we're looking at. Not a spectacular game but it shows us what we've been needing. Kevin will get better and I hope he'll step up to D1. I like this kid.

BobZag
04-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Stats? I just got home from the movies. :D

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Replay on ESPN2 is on at 5 pm west coast time.
Kevin's got skills and I think we've found a super player for the point. A bit slow but that'll pick up...I think he's just cautious.

I'm thinking this is our guy. Hope the coaches can convice him of that.
Smooth, good passer and shooter. Has great understanding and "feel" for the game. We don't need "fancy"...we need "solid". All these years of igh end experience, I think we know what we're looking at. Not a spectacular game but it shows us what we've been needing. Kevin will get better and I hope he'll step up to D1. I like this kid.

No, that's a different game; it's the main event, the Jordan Brand Classic. It was a triple header today, with the finally tonight; basically it's the Mickey Dee's game all over again.

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Stats? I just got home from the movies. :D

Tell me what you saw and how it was and I'll give you a recap. having a 2 1/2 year old, I have to watch movies vicariously through others. :D

BobZag
04-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Tell me what you saw and how it was and I'll give you a recap. having a 2 1/2 year old, I have to watch movies vicariously through others. :D

"How to Train Your Dragon - 3D" Very, very well done. One of the best CG shows I've seen. Real touching. Meaningful. Has meat to it, not just fluff. A 2.5 y/o would marvel at it. I give it a 9 on a 1-10 scale. I highly recommend it. (I went on Matt Bouldin's recommendation)

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
"How to Train Your Dragon - 3D" Very, very well done. One of the best CG shows I've seen. Real touching. Meaningful. Has meat to it, not just fluff. A 2.5 y/o would marvel at it. I give it a 9 on a 1-10 scale. I highly recommend it. (I went on Matt Bouldin's recommendation)

Thanks

Ok, this game was guard dominated; the one we are most familiar with, Pangos, did not disappoint; excellent court vision, amazing passer, but what surprised me most was what a good defender he was, always kept his man in front of him, made several steals and even a few blocks. His jumper was inconsistent, but when it wasn't falling he took it to the rack. He's as good as advertised.

Next was a recent name on our radar, Canadian combo guard Duane Notice, his game is as much fun as his name is. Excellent deep shooter, fade aways, turn arounds, his game reminded me of Dwayne Wades', very similar game; the video crapped out, but I think he had 28 and 9, the last I saw. As I mentioned in the thread I made about him, he actually mentioned that he was interested in us, and going off of this game, I suggest we reciprocate the affection, asap. He's gonna be very, very good; could be the best 2 guard that we've ever had, if we land him (yes, he's that good).

Next were 2 players that I knew nothing about; Carmelo Bettencourt, pg from Puerto Rico, true pg, with deep range, he was matched up with Pangos,and they were both great. he too, should be a high major. Last was an unknown for me, sg from German Malik Muller, interestingly enough, he looks a lot like Elias in the face, but he is an excellent sg; athletic, great range, lots of energy. I don't know if Elias knows him, but he too would be a nice recruit. There were two big men that were pretty impressive, not sure if the first one was a Greek or Lithuania, but he had advanced post moves and was a good rebounder. The second was Canadian Anthony Bennet a 6'7 pf/sf who was hustling and dunking, and also stepped out and hit a long 3; similar game to Elias.

In summary, if we can land Pangos and Notice, it will bring our back court to where it belongs. They're both very, very good and are both very interested in coming here. All of the players that I mentioned would be a good fit for us.

BobZag
04-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks

Ok, this game was guard dominated; the one we are most familiar with, Pangos, did not disappoint; excellent court vision, amazing passer, but what surprised me most was what a good defender he was, always kept his man in front of him, made several steals and even a few blocks. His jumper was inconsistent, but when it wasn't falling he took it to the rack. He's as good as advertised.

Next was a recent name on our radar, Canadian combo guard Duane Notice, his game is as much fun as his name is. Excellent deep shooter, fade aways, turn arounds, his game reminded me of Dwayne Wades', very similar game; the video crapped out, but I think he had 28 and 9, the last I saw. As I mentioned in the thread I made about him, he actually mentioned that he was interested in us, and going off of this game, I suggest we reciprocate the affection, asap. He's gonna be very, very good; could be the best 2 guard that we've ever had, if we land him (yes, he's that good).

Next were 2 players that I knew nothing about; Carmelo Bettencourt, pg from Puerto Rico, true pg, with deep range, he was matched up with Pangos,and they were both great. he too, should be a high major. Last was an unknown for me, sg from German Malik Muller, interestingly enough, he looks a lot like Elias in the face, but he is an excellent sg; athletic, great range, lots of energy. I don't know if Elias knows him, but he too would be a nice recruit. There were two big men that were pretty impressive, not sure if the first one was a Greek or Lithuania, but he had advanced post moves and was a good rebounder. The second was Canadian Anthony Bennet a 6'7 pf/sf who was hustling and dunking, and also stepped out and hit a long 3; similar game to Elias.

In summary, if we can land Pangos and Notice, it will bring our back court to where it belongs. They're both very, very good and are both very interested in coming here. All of the players that I mentioned would be a good fit for us.

Gracias, amigo. I'm looking forward to watching the DVD when it arrives and seeing a boxscore when one is posted.

bartruff1
04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Ok...there is a game on ESPN2 called the Jordan Brand Classic...it is half time and the score is like 75 to 56 and it has been difficult to watch...did Pangos play in the 1st half ? I assume he plays in the 2nd half ? Does anyone know approximately when ?? Or for how long ? Is he coming to Gonzaga ? Please excuse my ignorance and give me a clue...sorry, I am not a fan of all star HS basketball....thanks in advance for any help....bart

BobZag
04-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Ok...there is a game on ESPN2 called the Jordan Brand Classic...it is half time and the score is like 75 to 56 and it has been difficult to watch...did Pangos play in the 1st half ? I assume he plays in the 2nd half ? Does anyone know approximately when ?? Or for how long ? Is he coming to Gonzaga ? Please excuse my ignorance and give me a clue...sorry, I am not a fan of all star HS basketball....thanks in advance for any help....bart

There was an International Game before the game on ESPN2, which is all domestic players. Pangos, Notice, et al, were in the International Game.

bartruff1
04-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks Bob....I am sorry I missed it...but at least I can quit watching this "game"....:)

BobZag
04-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks Bob....I am sorry I missed it...but at least I can quit watching this "game"....:)

It was webcast on site listed in original post.

MDABE80
04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
BZ.... is Keven a priority with our staff? I know they're shopping heavily for some talented guards.. Bell is still a priority but how about Kevin? Any word?

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
There was an International Game before the game on ESPN2, which is all domestic players. Pangos, Notice, et al, were in the International Game.

Cojo and TT are not American, as we all know, but they did play prep ball in the states; so they 1/2 domestics. :)

webspinnre
04-17-2010, 06:38 PM
BZ.... is Keven a priority with our staff? I know they're shopping heavily for some talented guards.. Bell is still a priority but how about Kevin? Any word?

From my reading, it sounds like the big three right now are Bell Jr, Pangos and Wiltjer. At least if I'm reading BobZag correctly...

thespywhozaggedme
04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Gracias, amigo. I'm looking forward to watching the DVD when it arrives and seeing a boxscore when one is posted.

You're welcome. I pm'd you a few days ago, btw.

skan72
04-17-2010, 10:22 PM
According to Rivals, Anthony Bennett is in the 2012 class, even though he was born in 1993. Also, Notice was born in 1994 if I remember correctly from the roster. He won't be until 2012 I believe, he's frackin' good for a soph.

BobZag
04-18-2010, 09:11 AM
From my reading, it sounds like the big three right now are Bell Jr, Pangos and Wiltjer. At least if I'm reading BobZag correctly...

Correct. That's the big three. But let me state one more time. Don't sleep on Kyle Dranginis. He's very good and has a great upside. I'm glad we have him.

MDABE80
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Kyle's thought of as a local kid I think. Sometimes kids from far away seem "exotic" and perhaps more attractive. I wish we could stock up on regional kids like Bell. Kyle's a big guard who shoots it very well. Hope is defense is strong. We tend to go after the offensive juggernaut types....but as we saw with Butler, Syracuse, etc...defense wins games .

Kevin Pangos seems to play good fundamental defense but a bit slow afoot....defense is best played with quick feet. I hope he imporves. Bell's defense? Dunno. Wiltjer? Dunno.

All of these kids are young and they have some time to improve. Pangos has the fundamentals down....but I'm not sure how he'd do against quick guards.

Whoever is offered (I think/hope all have been offered by now), I sure hope they have the feet, heart and discipline for strong defense. Sometimes we overlook defense.

skan72
04-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Kyle's thought of as a local kid I think. Sometimes kids from far away seem "exotic" and perhaps more attractive. I wish we could stock up on regional kids like Bell. Kyle's a big guard who shoots it very well. Hope is defense is strong. We tend to go after the offensive juggernaut types....but as we saw with Butler, Syracuse, etc...defense wins games .

Kevin Pangos seems to play good fundamental defense but a bit slow afoot....defense is best played with quick feet. I hope he imporves. Bell's defense? Dunno. Wiltjer? Dunno.

All of these kids are young and they have some time to improve. Pangos has the fundamentals down....but I'm not sure how he'd do against quick guards.

Whoever is offered (I think/hope all have been offered by now), I sure hope they have the feet, heart and discipline for strong defense. Sometimes we overlook defense.

Northern Iowa showed you don't have to be the quickest guy to be a good strong defender.

dim4sum
04-18-2010, 04:53 PM
understand his philosophy is any one good in western washington is fair game.
He will try for an end run to snag Gary Bell. In his first full year asa recruiter he snared six western washingtonians, which will be reflective in the 2010-11
season. Disregarding the Heytvelt abortion, he's still a recruiter to be reckoned with and as a coach he is to be respected. His practices are among the toughest in the country.

BobZag
04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Back to Pangos, Notice, Muller, Betancourt--

https://www.nike.com/jumpman23/classic/pdf/10internationalbox.pdf

An off game for Pangos, I'd say.

MDABE80
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Everyone has one of these stinkers.... Notice at 6 ft 3 and Kevin at a sturdy 6 ft 1 ...make me smile for some reason. WIsh Bell would declare for us. Dim is right...Dollar is a tough coach and he'll get his share of kids. Seattle U is years away from being a solid D1 IMO. Bell would be a premiere kid...he'd be a lil loony to go there.