• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakester425
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Sep 2008

Elston Turner Transferring

I just got a text from KJR that Elston Turner is transferring from UW. Do you guys think he's someone worth going after? He looked good in the NCAA Tourney.
  • zagfan08
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I love his game. Sounds like he wants to go closer to his home in Houston though.

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

He was fairly impressive late in the season. A good SG or Wing. A bit like Gray. What the hell, I'd give him a go if I were Few.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Mr Vulture
        Zag for Life
        • May 2008

Absolutely...

He would be a great get as he is an exceptional outside shooter. However, I don't think he'd be leaving UW to come to Gonzaga when he was getting solid playing time there...unlike Knight/Dickau.

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Knight was a starter and was getting lots of PT. He couldn't handle the distractions (friends, hangers-on) in his hometown and had to get away or risk flunking out.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Jakester425
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Sep 2008

Romar will be on Softy's show at noon. Ill tune in and let you guys know if there was anything of importance said...since its Romar I'm not expecting much

Comment

With Overton, Thomas, and Gaddy all returning next year, he probably doesn't see his role increasing until his senior year, and possibly getting recruited over altogether.

Comment

• skan72
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                I love his game. Sounds like he wants to go closer to his home in Houston though.
                We do have two Texans on our roster, he can just room with them and they can transform their room so it feels more like Texas than Spokane.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Dad's an asst coach with Houston. Kid looked very good in HS and did fine the last several games. I bet he and his pops think his development could be better....so time for a jump since the TX teams are steadily becoming top 20 consistently. He'll land in TX...

Comment

• dawgfather11
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Rumor is he's going closer to home, most likely SMU or somewhere similar. I loved Elston one of my favorite players on this team, I thought he was set to get significant minutes this year and he was really coming along well, not to mention he was great defensively at the end of the year as well. It will be a pretty big loss for us IMO. That being said all year long the talk from practices was that the CJ Wilcox (who redshirted) was the best sg/sf on the team and maybe couple that with the development of Holiday into a stud made him worry about PT? I really don't know and wish he had stayed, but definitely wish him well wherever he goes.

Comment

• Jedster
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Oct 2009

Heard the snippet on AM 710 where ET said he wanted to go somewhere where he can show his whole game. My take was he felt he was being pigeon-holed as just a 3 pt shooter. Missed the Romar interview though on KJR.

Comment

• dawgfather11
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
                        Heard the snippet on AM 710 where ET said he wanted to go somewhere where he can show his whole game. My take was he felt he was being pigeon-holed as just a 3 pt shooter. Missed the Romar interview though on KJR.
                        Ya I heard that, he wants to go somewhere where he can handle the ball, which he isn't going to do at UW with 3 pg's already ahead of him in IT Gaddy and VO. It's to bad oh well he will definitely help out some other team!

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Gaddy doesn't get his PT, he'll need a slot somewhere...send him! He needs some training but he's a jewel.....we'll train him.

Comment

Working...
                          X