• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1973Zag
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

cody larson

is cody larson the kid from South Dakota that we were recruiting? He just asked for release from his letter of intent from Iowa. Still might stay, but not initially happy with the coaching change. Wants to "explore his options". Would we be interested?
  • theman.themyth.thelegend
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by 1973Zag View Post
    Would we be interested?
    Yes, I believe we would.

He was THE prized recruit for Iowa this season and known as one of the top forwards in the entire Mid-West.

I recall Gonzaga showing heavy, yet brief interest in Cody and even extended a scholarship offer from afar. He's the real deal on every level and would be a perfect fit in Gonzaga's system.

Hopefully, Gonzaga realizes he's on the open market once again. Would be a great get to fill out the remaining 2010 schollie(and well worth it).

Cody Larson, 6'9", 225lbs, F
    SCOUT PROFILE 4-star
    ESPN PROFILE Score: 92

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

more

New Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery released a statement on Friday stating the school has released Class of 2010 signee Cody Larson from his letter of intent.

"Cody Larson has asked for a release from his National Letter of Intent, but still has great interest in the University of Iowa." McCaffery said. "Cody would like additional time to familiarize himself with myself and the new coaching staff. As a staff, we look forward to getting to know Cody more in the recruiting process."

Prior............

Power forward Cody Larson of Roosevelt (Sioux Falls, S.D.) has given a Class 2010 commitment to Iowa. The 6-foot-8 prospect picked the Hawks over Baylor, Nebraska, New Mexico and Colorado State. He also has offers from Colorado, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Wisconsin-Green Bay, Northern Iowa and Missouri State. Iowa now has two 2010 pledges, including Larson and forward Chase Creekmur of Marshalltown, Iowa.

ESPN.com's National Recruiting Director Paul Biancardi describes Larson as a versatile, young post palyer.

Cody is a long and thin combo forward who can be a very skilled high post man at the next level," Biancardi said. "He is still growing and could easily add a couple more inches to his frame."

Larson has good skills for a forward but will need to get stronger in the next few years, according to Biancardi.

"Offensively, he can shoot the ball with accuracy out to 18 feet and his handle is solid for a four man right now," Biancardi continued. "He definitely needs to get stronger as he has some difficulty in the paint with stronger opponents. He also will need to get more assertive with his game as a whole. He is not much of a traffic rebounder right now but that should improve as his body continues to develop."

Overall, Larson will be a very good fit for the Hawkeyes.

"Cody is a good passer and has a solid basketball I.Q.," Biancardi said. "Defensively, he has the length to be a factor blocking shots but right now, again, needs to add strength. He has a tremendous upside and should fit in very well in the future at Iowa."

Comment

• theman.themyth.thelegend
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jun 2009

This thread needs a couple pics:

Comment

• ZagAddict
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Iowa now has two 2010 pledges, including Larson and forward Chase Creekmur of Marshalltown, Iowa.
          Iowa lost Chanse Creekmur earlier this year when he gave a verbal committment to Arizona State: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ruitId%3d68150

Interesting to see that Cody Larson is thinking about leaving as well...

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2009

I want one.

Come onboard Cody.

LOVE the passing part....

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

Staff is going after guards. No interest w/Cody.
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
              X