• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The good, the bad and the outlook for GU

This article was posted on March 30, 2010 in the USA Today. I don't recall seeing it posted on the board although I may have missed it. Generally it is a recap and an outlook. You will note, it was published before Elias Harris announced his return and obviously before Marquis Carter's choosing of the Zags. Still it has a fair review and outlook and makes for good reading:

• ZagAddict
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

"Gonzaga won't add any impact players for next season..."

I hope Dower is able to contribute next year. Having already been in our system for a year (rs), Dower should be able to contribute more than a typical freshman.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Hadn't seen that, 116. Thanks.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

+1

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
        This article was posted on March 30, 2010 in the USA Today. I don't recall seeing it posted on the board although I may have missed it. Generally it is a recap and an outlook. You will note, it was published before Elias Harris announced his return and obviously before Marquis Carter's choosing of the Zags. Still it has a fair review and outlook and makes for good reading:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...st/gonzaga.htm
        good job, scoop!

best regards,
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

From the article (thanks for the article, btw):
          "The Bulldogs were outscored in the second half of each of their final 11 games, which is an indication of their depth problems."

That is an interesting stat to me and one I hadn't noticed. It has been an interesting personality of GU teams that they don't seem to pull away from teams that they should. Some of that is youth last year but some might be the personality of the coach? Also, I don't think I gave the conference enough credit last year.

Also...
          "--C Robert Sacre had two blocks against Syracuse, giving him 36 in the final 12 games and 65 for the season, just five behind the school single-season record held by Austin Daye."

Bobby very quietly was a good (dare I say great?) shot blocker last year. I didn't pick up on it until way late in the season. I will probably remember Ronnie as being more of a "shot-blocker" and I think it is because of the highlight-reel week-side-help blocks he got. Rob seems to have gotten a lot of his from on the ball defense in the post. Anyhow, good job, Rob!

Go zags! Does the season start soon?

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

The way the season ended will leave a bad taste in the mouths of the Gonzaga players and fans, but that may be a good thing for next season, when the Bulldogs should be even better.
            Yup.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• HillBillyZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

" a straggling few got up and left, leaving there the rest, with the HOPE that springs ETERNAL wihin the human breast",- "Casey at the Bat!"
              Zag fans never run out of HOPE!
              [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
              ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                He struck out, man.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                  I hope the Zags' story has a better ending!

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2009

Few needs to either 1) acquire a killer instinct and/or 2) learn how to pass that along to the players.

I would get completely frustrated by the way we would let teams sneak back into games. Put it on their necks and and step down, hard. 100% the whole time. We were better than everyone in the WCC this past year and will be again next year. We need to prove it with some butt whoopings.

Comment

• Birddog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I would get completely frustrated by the way we would let teams sneak back into games. Put it on their necks and and step down, hard. 100% the whole time. We were better than everyone in the WCC this past year and will be again next year. We need to prove it with some butt whoopings.
                      And you don't whip their arses and take the fight out of them by outscoring them, you do it by denying them possessions.
                      Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                      All mimsy were the borogoves,
                      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

Attitude

Comment

• UberZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                          And you don't whip their arses and take the fight out of them by outscoring them, you do it by denying them possessions.
                          One follows the other.
                          If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

Working...
                          X