PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Polee? Emerson Murray?

niersfan80
04-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Anybody know what are chances are of getting either of them?

cggonzaga
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I wrote about Murray in another post. I personally think he could be a pretty good get. Uber athletic and has a feathery touch. Don't know why he isn't more highly recruited.

thespywhozaggedme
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I wrote about Murray in another post. I personally think he could be a pretty good get. Uber athletic and has a feathery touch. Don't know why he isn't more highly recruited.

It appears that we're getting another Canadian, but I can't see it being Murray, because he'd obviously redshirt this upcoming season, and then the following season we have Dranginis, and then Pangos (hopefully). In other words, with those guys, Bol, Manny, Marquise, GG and maybe GJ, there's no room for Emerson in the future, I'm thinking another juco, so my guess is Kurt Alexander. I could be wrong though, what do I know? :confused:

thespywhozaggedme
04-08-2010, 08:59 PM

Scout says Wazzu is now after him.

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/a.z?s=137&p=8&c=1&nid=4461146

cggonzaga
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Have you seen him at all up there in Canada Spy? Why isn't he more heavily recruited? Too short for the off guard position?

thespywhozaggedme
04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Have you seen him at all up there in Canada Spy? Why isn't he more heavily recruited? Too short for the off guard position?

No, I know nothing of Murray, then than what I read and see. I do know that two seasons ago he was rockin' the Kid n Play high top fade, but I've never seen him. :) P.S. I haven't lived in Canada for over 15 years, and that was for only a few months, I'm just a geek that likes outta the box thinking and about 8 years ago really got into Canadian prep hoops and thought that was a potential untapped gold mine and just passed the word on to some people; now, everyone wants a Canuck. :D

Oh, I just realized, we're you talking about EM or Kurt Alexander? Either way, I'm not very familiar with either. Most Canadian kids are no longer secrets anymore, the only guy that is sorta "under the radar" is 6'8 pf Khem Burch, and out coaches are already well aware of him, but so are others.

OZZY
04-08-2010, 11:33 PM
The Zag coaching staff have seen Emerson on numerous ocassions during provincial championships etc., he has played with and against Bol, Kelly and Manny. Yes he is very athletic and has good leadership qualities, but my guess is that he does not offer anything that the team does not already have.

Regarding Khem, he had a very good year down south at Winchendon Prep, I believe that many Big East teams (including Providence) are after him. I understand that he may now be a 2012 recuit, although Barry Hayes has him listed still as the 3rd best Canadian in the 2011 class (right behind Wiltjer).
I see Khem as a taller, thinner version of Manny.