PDA

View Full Version : When does Coach Daniels...

theman.themyth.thelegend
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Begin working for and with Gonzaga? Was he required to submit his 2 weeks or did he begin working GU related activities immediately following his announcement?

If so, has Coach D. arrived on campus and met with the Coaching staff? Has he hit the recruiting trail as an official Zags' Coach? Has he met any of the current players by chance?

Just curious. :)

BobZag
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Now and Yes.

alldaye
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
I have been wondering...Do you think Coach Daniels knew a lot about Gonzaga before he came? Did he know a lot about our system? Did he know who we are currently recruiting, and how we go about doing it? And most of all: does he know the players? Sure, he knows Steven and Rob and Elias, but does he know who Grant Gibbs is, and who Sam Dower is, and how they play? Or does he learn everything on the job when he arrives on campus?

CanadZag
04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Coach Few and Giacoletti were giving Coach Daniels a tour today of campus as of late this afternoon.

They were in the Rudolph fitness center.

The new coach makes Few look small, but then again, who doesn't? =)

BobZag
04-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Everything is going forward full-tilt boogie.

cjm720
04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Good luck Coach Daniels!!!!

I'm super pumped about this hire. :)

Go Zags!!!

MDABE80
04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Hope he can find someone to help out but I think he'll get his feet wet. Someone for next season........he sure won't hurt recruiting though....UCLA (I think) was after Bell...maybe he'll help there.

BobZag
04-07-2010, 05:18 PM
delay Daniels starting date so that he could directly work with the athletes all summer.

However, it is nice to think that John Stockton can work with our guys and not violate any NCAA rules. I can't see any reason for Goodson to not have gotten better this year if he actually worked with Stockton at all. I wonder what happened with Meech during the summer of 2009? Anyone know?

Is Daniels going to help guards or big men more?

Donny Daniels will be working directly with the athletes this summer. He coached bigs at UCLA.

CDC84
04-07-2010, 06:51 PM
He coached bigs at UCLA.

And he's got some really good ones to work with at Gonzaga. I am sure that's part of what drew him to Gonzaga.