PDA

View Full Version : More Than One to Join Zags

BobZag
04-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Not sure if it'll be two guards, a guard and a big, a guard and a transfer, or what, but before school begins next September, Gonzaga will have at least TWO new players. Possibly three, but more than likely two. Doubtful any of them will be frosh.

Just fyi.

ZaginLaw
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Yet again, months of torturous speculation and wishful thinking has been foisted upon us by BZ....! Ugh!

cjm720
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Few's obviously trying to maximize the talent and doing what's best for the program, but from where I sit this means: we're giving up on many of the the frosh (or they won't be ready to contribute next year) and the 2011-2012 class!?!?!

Something doesn't feel right...

soccerdud
04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
interesting. assuming we reserve two schollie slots for the dream duo of wiltjer and bell, and that elias is the only early-entry or transfer, then three additions who are not in their last year of elegibility next season would put us at -1 available schollies in 2011. this completely ignoring pangos.

i trust few, but in my dream world we would get one guard who can contribute for 2 years, then wiltjer, bell, and pangos.

Drew
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
BZ, Will they all be immediately eligible to play?

BobZag
04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
BZ, Will they all be immediately eligible to play?

A D1 transfer wouldn't be. Anyone else, yes.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Looking at the number of scholarships available for 2010 and 2010, and given that the Zags are vigorously pursuing multiple 2011 recruits, and given that there could two or three new players joining next year's squad... something doesn't add up. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that we'll be saying goodbye to some players while we're saying hello to others.

EDIT: You beat me to the punch, soccerdud. Touche.

Baldwinzag
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
we're giving up on many of the the frosh (or they won't be ready to contribute next year) and the 2011-2012 class!?!?!

Something doesn't feel right...

I admit, this is kinda odd. No way the Coaches would pass up the opportunity to recruit Wiltjer, Bell Jr, & Pangos, especially this early in the game. They[Coaches] must know something we do not. Maybe they were extremely high on the incoming talent? Maybe Wiltjer, GBJ, Pangos are looking elsewhere besides Gonzaga? Maybe there will be more transfers out of Gonzaga than we're aware of? Maybe, just maybe, the Coaches believe Elias won't be the only one declaring early for the NBA i.e. Sacre too?

I was guessing at least one new recruit, yet two? Completely unexpected and hopefully done with long-term goals in mind, esp considering the heralded '11 Class of prospects avaivable.

If we utilize a 2 year schollie on a high-ranking JUCO guard that fills a void...terrific! However, if we end up wasting a 2 yr schollie on a project prospect such as Guy Marc-Michel, I'd be highly dissapointed. We should reserve at least one available schollie for a potential 2011 kid.

Only time will tell...

Angelo Roncalli
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Well...we could pull a Washington and put Elias Harris on a soccer scholarship and/or Meech on a track scholarship. :)

MDABE80
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Few wants and NEEDS mature players. He'll find some sound defense types who can be a threat to score. Can you imagine how frustrated he must be ( the other coaches too) watching Butler go to a FF...and passing his Baby up on the way? We have a 12 year record. He cannot get us further with the present structure. He's found an enlightened coach who can help him with new ideas. Now comes the players. We need Pangos/Bell and a big. Mature ones. Tough ones who are consistent. Immediate needs define immediate solutions.

BZ's news is great! It's about time we moved ahead instead of wallowing in the "1 or 2 and done" crowds. Chissakes...this is Gonzaga! We need E 8 consistently...recruits come then. Just so we remain Gonzaga with teamwork. Same idea Butler has...except we were there well in advance. GU did it first but it appears they've done it better in the past 5 years anyway. They've cashed in...we haven't in quite some time. Challenging times for GU. We'll respond. To me, this is good news.

BobZag
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
It works out. Wiltjer, Bell and Pangos are targeted to join Dranginis. After all these years and years, y'all should know it'll work out. Next year's team has holes and Few is filling them to get to 2011-12.

And it's doubtful anyone leaves this Spring.

cjm720
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
A D1 transfer could ease my anxiety a bit on this...We get a SF to replace Harris if he departs early, no effect to next year's team; we get some perimeter help in Marquise Carter, will effect next year and the year after only. This would still give us 2 schollies for 2011-2012.

I'm getting this strange sense that we won't see any transfers leaving Gonzaga. A good thing, of course, but I would have lost money to myself 6 months ago LOL. (ps, I wrote this before seeing BZ's post :)

soccerdud
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
the math, as presented, does NOT work out. i understand that few does awesome things and that i will almost certainly be thrilled when the time comes, but the fact is that there is something missing from the overall picture as i know it. and i find myself _extremely_ curious what that something is.

edit:
simplest answer with the least assumptions regarding the future is that at least one of the incoming players can play immediately and is in their last year of eligibility (or for other reasons will be one-and-done)... or that at least one of the new or current guys plays off scholarship-- but these both seem crazy unlikely.

barring one of those two things happening, however, we either will be losing someone i wasn't expecting to be losing, or not getting someone i was hoping to get.

RockandRollJames
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
It's so going to be a JUCO guy and a D1 transfer (I assume from UCLA).

spudzag
04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
It's so going to be a JUCO guy and a D1 transfer (I assume from UCLA).

Sounds like a reasonable guess to me. I for one like bringing in new players every year. Bringing 3 or 4 each year keeps balance and hopefully avoids bigs swings in talent.

Zag365
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Looking at the number of scholarships available for 2010 and 2010, and given that the Zags are vigorously pursuing multiple 2011 recruits, and given that there could two or three new players joining next year's squad... something doesn't add up. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that we'll be saying goodbye to some players while we're saying hello to others.

EDIT: You beat me to the punch, soccerdud. Touche.

My hunch is that the coaches have been distracted by issue as to where exactly Donny Daniels ranks among the GU assistants (which they probably overlooked until the Board brought it to their attention) and have lost track of the number of scholarships available, who's likely to come and go, and the fact that 2011 is coming up soon. Thank goodness for this Board. I hope the coaches are reading this and figure out soon that things don't "add up."

zag67
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
If you bring in a JUCO and a D1 transfer, that would still leave 1 scholarship open. Then you have Steven leaving, which makes 2 scholarships open. Lastly you have Harris, who is probably going to the NBA, making 3 openings. Now we have one filled and we are going for 3 for at least 2 openings (and yes I am assuming Harris is gone). That is 2 years away and many things may happen before then to allow all 3 to come.

soccerdud
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
My hunch is that the coaches have been distracted by issue as to where exactly Donny Daniels ranks among the GU assistants (which they probably overlooked until the Board brought it to their attention) and have lost track of the number of scholarships available, who's likely to come and go, and the fact that 2011 is coming up soon. Thank goodness for this Board. I hope the coaches are reading this and figure out soon that things don't "add up."

"doesn't add up" is just another way of saying that there is clearly something we don't know. pointing to the logical fact that that "something" must exist, expressing curiosity or speculating about it is interesting and fun. i don't understand why you chose to mock that post.

edit: another possibility besides "something we don't know" is that the coaches are going off different assumptions than the rest of us-- like that at least one of our current 2011 targets will choose to go somewhere else on their own (whether they have a particular one or two pegged as unlikely to come to gu, or are just looking at the higher level "we'll probably not get more than 2 out of 3" is immaterial), or that we will lose someone currently on the roster to something as yet unknown by the public... but the implications are the same, either way. essentially, the roster in 2011 will be different than the baseline prediction everyone on the boards here had in their heads.

NEC26
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
If you bring in a JUCO and a D1 transfer, that would still leave 1 scholarship open. Then you have Steven leaving, which makes 2 scholarships open. Lastly you have Harris, who is probably going to the NBA, making 3 openings. Now we have one filled and we are going for 3 for at least 2 openings (and yes I am assuming Harris is gone). That is 2 years away and many things may happen before then to allow all 3 to come.

Yeah totally agree. I really don't see this as a big issue at all.

gamagin
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
recruits on his last radio show 3/22. specifically:

t. hudson asked: how much time do you take to enjoy the season ?

m. few: that's a problem. you always have to keep moving forward.
We also need to evaluate the whole program. I need to get away and assess.

We're out recruiting today. We have a couple late signers.

Then we assess what everyone has to do for the offseason. But right now they all need to just be students, have a good time. And the staff needs to finish recruiting and get back with our families and be normal.

BZ these the same two you referring to, or what ? thanks. I remember somewhere else on that program, Few lamented he may be spending much of the summer trying to fil out the roster.

Unless I missed something, who he is after and what positions he's looking to bolster have not been mentioned publicly.

ZagNative
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
:D

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
"doesn't add up" is just another way of saying that there is clearly something we don't know. pointing to the logical fact that that "something" must exist, expressing curiosity or speculating about it is interesting and fun. i don't understand why you chose to mock that post.

Once again, you beat me to it, soccerdud. Took the words right out of my mouth.

BobZag
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM

Bingo. But again, the combination remains a mystery known only to the staff.

Kiddwell
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Once again, you beat me to it, soccerdud. Took the words right out of my mouth.

That's unsanitary...:p

Rbo
04-06-2010, 06:10 PM
So here's my theory. After next year, Harris bolts to the NBA, possibly (but hopefully not) joined by Sacre, or given a huge break-out year by Arop or Kong. Or, possibly Kong, Gibbs, Meech or GJ becomes disillusioned by lack of PT and transfers. It's not a single-bullet theory, but the numbers could all add up.

surfmonkey89
04-06-2010, 06:19 PM
A D1 transfer wouldn't be. Anyone else, yes.

So Hayward's going to have to sit a year?

ETA: It wouldn't at all surprise me if Harris told the coaches that he probably won't stay more than one more year as a way to help them out in planning the future.

I know it sounds implausible, but Elias is clearly cut from a different cloth, ie a better cloth, than your typical player.

OZZY
04-06-2010, 08:00 PM
One thing to remember in all of this is that Kevin Pangos is still listed in the 2012 class (by someone who should know the situation). I have pointed this out several times. This would allow us to go after Bell and Wiltjer and have Kevin here the following year.

zagdad
04-06-2010, 08:39 PM
We should have three scholarships open for next year - Matt's, Will's and Andy Poling's. If we fill two of them, then the following year there will be one from this year and Steven Gray's. If Harris leaves early then that would be three. The math isn't that hard to figure out. I'm sure the coaches know what they are doing and can figure the scholarship numbers just fine. :)

Kiddwell
04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
*****The 2010-'11 Zags*****
Seniors:
(1) Steven Gray

Juniors:
(2) Robert Sacre
(3) Demetri Goodson
(4) Bol Kong
(5) Marquise Carter (transfer, conjecture)

Sophomores:
(6) Grant Gibbs
(7) GJ Vilarino
(8) Kelly Olynyk
(9) Mangisto Arop
(10) Elias Harris

Freshmen:
(11) Sam Dower

Redshirt Transfer:
(12) BZ's Conjectured Recruit

Note: In this scenario the Zags have one scholarship open.

*****The 2011-'12 Zags*****
Seniors:
(1) Robert Sacre
(2) Demetri Goodson
(3) Bol Kong
(4) Marquise Carter (still conjecture)

Juniors:
(5) Grant Gibbs
(6) GJ Vilarino
(7) Kelly Olynyk
(8) Mangisto Arop
(9) Elias Harris (NBA?)

Sophomores:
(10) Sam Dower

Other:
(11) BZ's Redshirted Transfer (eligible, probably no worse than a junior)

Note: If Elias is off to the NBA, then the Zags have three openings. If not, two.

:]

Zag79
04-07-2010, 01:01 AM
my concern is that a juco PG wont be good enough to come in, learn the system, and the replace a JR meech who will be much more comfortable in his 2nd year running the team. or even a big man, neither will see much time if you ask me. then they are seniors the next season, still behind the same players. :confused:

NEC26
04-07-2010, 04:20 AM
my concern is that a juco PG wont be good enough to come in, learn the system, and the replace a JR meech who will be much more comfortable in his 2nd year running the team. or even a big man, neither will see much time if you ask me. then they are seniors the next season, still behind the same players. :confused:

Yeah cause we have never gotten a juco player to come in and contribute their first year. It just depends on the player that juco guard that Portland had came in his first year and did a fine job of running that team.

MickMick
04-07-2010, 04:38 AM
JP Batista is an example of immediate help as a JUCO. He didn't learn that skill set over night and JP had one heck of a skill set.

theman.themyth.thelegend
04-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Amidst all the scholarship talk above, I haven't seen one poster mention 2011 Zag committ, Kyle Dranginis.

I presume Kyle will be utilizing one of those "available" schollies in '11-'12. So, would that essentially mean we have only ONE available for 2011, even with Elias declaring early? Furthermore, what IF Elias decides to stay?

1973Zag
04-07-2010, 05:12 AM
I think we are at the level where some players are doing the math. All of our athletes feel they are good enough to play. Don't think any come here with the idea of being a limited role player, or sitting the bench. In time, all players figure out their future(Andy,PMAC,LarryG,Dustin etc.etc.) Been going on here for years. they just wanna play, and don't see it happening here. Happens at all the top programs(UCLA!) No one's fault--just a numbers game. Would anyone be shocked if a couple of guys were to move on and therefore change the number of openings. The coaches will find openings if they need them. I know we are a family etc.etc., but don't underestimate the kid's desire to PLAY basketball. things will work out imo.

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Yeah cause we have never gotten a juco player to come in and contribute their first year. It just depends on the player that juco guard that Portland had came in his first year and did a fine job of running that team.

Quentin Hall was a pretty good JUCO transfer at the point guard position. He contributed a lot to the Gonzaga program.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Kyle Dixon was also a JUCO transfer. That would be two All-WCC point guards who came from the JUCO ranks in the 1990s.

J.P. Batista and Paul Rogers were All-WCC first teamers at the center position. If anything, we've had better luck getting good centers and point guards from the JUCO ranks than any other position. If we can get one of each that can contribute during the coming year, we might have a pretty good team.

titopoet
04-07-2010, 05:41 AM
The other possibility no one has mentioned, especially if the proposed changes to the rules goes through, is an international player like Harris. Harris made huge headlines last year in European circles by going from a marginal NBA draft selection to a top 15 pick by playing at GU. It did not go unnoticed. I would not be surprised to see one, if not both players coming from overseas.

thespywhozaggedme
04-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Quentin Hall was a pretty good JUCO transfer at the point guard position. He contributed a lot to the Gonzaga program.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Kyle Dixon was also a JUCO transfer. That would be two All-WCC point guards who came from the JUCO ranks in the 1990s.

J.P. Batista and Paul Rogers were All-WCC first teamers at the center position. If anything, we've had better luck getting good centers and point guards from the JUCO ranks than any other position. If we can get one of each that can contribute during the coming year, we might have a pretty good team.

I'm pretty sure NEC was being sarcastic, that's why he quoted 79, who is the most ardent Meech advocate here.

ZagLawGrad
04-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Someone else may get more playing time at PG next season.

But as far as Coach Few replacing Meech as the "starting" PG, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bogozags
04-07-2010, 08:15 AM

Of course this is pure speculation and I truly hope THEY, the staff, have a better handle on this than you think OR ...

Bogozags
04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
So here's my theory. After next year, Harris bolts to the NBA, possibly (but hopefully not) joined by Sacre, or given a huge break-out year by Arop or Kong. Or, possibly Kong, Gibbs, Meech or GJ becomes disillusioned by lack of PT and transfers. It's not a single-bullet theory, but the numbers could all add up.

I think your theory has merit but lets go one step further...

We have three scholarships available this year and more as follows...

2010-2011 Season
[/B]

"IF" the staff does bring in another guard this year, then somebody is only getting "garbage time" minutes, which means that person (GG, GJ or Meech) will be looking to transfer this year. (Scholarship taken for a JUCO transfer, TWO remaining)

"IF" the staff brings in another "BIG" (Scholarship taken for either a JUCO/Transfer, ONE remaining)
[CENTER]2011-2012 Season

Steven Graduates...(Scholarship available, TWO total)
Elias will leave after next year...(Scholarship available, THREE total)
Rob will be even more resilient than this year and leave next year...(Scholarship available, FOUR total)

This leaves the staff with four opennings to recruit hopefuls as well as Kyle...

I just believe there will not be enough minutes for four guards in addition to Steven, Manny and BK getting their time...just MHO...

Drew
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Someone else may get more playing time at PG next season.

But as far as Coach Few replacing Meech as the "starting" PG, I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree and can easily see Meech starting but only getting around 20 minutes per game. Of course, with an older team I expect Gray and Harris will be the only 2 to get consistently high minutes (e.g. around 30 minutes) . . . with guys like Sacre and Arap gettin big minutes when they are either on fire or when their presence and skills are needed. Hopefully, we won't have to play our key guys for close to 40 minutes in every game . . . reserving that for big games only.

cjm720
04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
I agree and can easily see Meech starting but only getting around 20 minutes per game. Of course, with an older team I expect Gray and Harris will be the only 2 to get consistently high minutes (e.g. around 30 minutes) . . . with guys like Sacre and Arap gettin big minutes when they are either on fire or when their presence and skills are needed. Hopefully, we won't have to play our key guys for close to 40 minutes in every game . . . reserving that for big games only.

Agreed. Frankly, I want Few to play our youth and don't want any player to play more than 30 mins per game.

Pleasant Peninsula
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
If Few and Co. are planning on bringing in a JUCO point guard that will play right away (if he isn't going to play right away, what's the point), then minutes for GJ and Grant will likely be extremely limited for at least next year and possibly further. Given that scenario, I'd imagine that one of them might decide to bolt, and I have a wild hunch that player would be GJ.

Kiddwell
04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
If Few and Co. are planning on bringing in a JUCO point guard that will play right away (if he isn't going to play right away, what's the point), then minutes for GJ and Grant will likely be extremely limited for at least next year and possibly further. Given that scenario, I'd imagine that one of them might decide to bolt, and I have a wild hunch that player would be GJ.

Hope not! That kid runs like a deer. If he can settle down and settle in, GJ could be a goodie.

cjm720
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
We've already seen many defections from programs across the nation. I'm wonder if there's some sort of deadline for a kid to transfer?

Anyone?

BobZag
04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
We've already seen many defections from programs across the nation. I'm wonder if there's some sort of deadline for a kid to transfer?

Anyone?

Not really.

BobZag
04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Just my hunch--

Marquise Carter and [your guess is as good as mine].

cjm720
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure NEC was being sarcastic, that's why he quoted 79, who is the most ardent Meech advocate here.

Me too :D

hooter73
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
hedging bets against injury, early leave (other than harris), a pissy playing time transfer, or a decision to go somewhre else by a newbie is enough of a reason to be lining up more recruits than you have scolarship spots for.

frazier
04-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Hope not! That kid runs like a deer. If he can settle down and settle in, GJ could be a goodie.

Guys- The junior college player you guys are talking about is not going to take 1 minute of playing time away from GJ. If GJ get's it, Which I betting he will next year or my bets on him going forward are over, he will be special good... Too much talent... But he has to get it.

GSL-KID
04-07-2010, 12:31 PM
But he has to get it.

I seem to remember there has been a few guys who took time to "Get It". Alex Hernandez and Micha Downs come to mind.

I believe Alex had his bags packed and ready to go after finding out early that his Junior College 20+ scoring days were over at Gonzaga. Now he is on the bench as a grad asst.

Micha had to conform to the Zag way of life and felt the early hook during his career. At the end of last year, you could argue he was our best player in the tourney.

I am sure there are more that never got talked about......ehh BobZag ???

Mr Vulture
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Three scholarships open this year: Marquis Carter, J'Mison Morgan, open Scholarship (1yr for Michael Hart??)

Three scholarships open next year: Kyle Draginis, Gary Bell Jr (hoping), TBD (Wiltjer would be great!)

Leaving After Next Season: Steven Gray (Sr), Elias Harris (NBA)

Not Leaving After Next Season: Robert Sacre (Not 1st Rnd Pick)

Baldwinzag
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Three scholarships open this year: Marquis Carter, J'Mison Morgan, open Scholarship (1yr for Michael Hart??)

I sincerely :pray: its not J'Mison Morgan. I'm all for 2nd chances, yet Howland dismissed Morgan from the team and he was forced to transfer from UCLA(not a voluntarily transfer).

From all reports, J'Mison Morgan aka "Bobo" was known for being a class clown during practice, always showed up out of shape, not serious about academics, and was borderline uncoachable. I won't even get into the rumors about heavy partying. It didn't help that Morgan also faced chronic knee issues since his HS days as well.

Just take a moment and read the Bruin message board and you'll quickly notice the overwhelming excitement of both fans and alums that Morgan is exiting the program. He was not well-liked by Bruin nation. Having said that, its been the complete opposite reaction for Mike Moser(another UCLA transfer) who was clearly adored by Coach Howland and teammates.

Here are Coach Ben Howland's comments re: J'Mison:

"I decided it was in the best interest both for our program and for him to leave here," coach Ben Howland said on a conference call.

"There's a point in time where you have to move forward."

Morgan's departure leaves UCLA with three scholarships available during the April signing period.

"What I tried to impart on him is the No. 1 thing he needs to be focused on is his academics," he said.

DADoZAG
04-08-2010, 12:01 PM
One down, Marquis Carter, and one (or possibly two) to go, and I still can't find my sunglasses.

Go ZAGS!

ZagNative
04-08-2010, 12:56 PM
One down, Marquis Carter, and one (or possibly two) to go, and I still can't find my sunglasses.

Go ZAGS!Checked your pooch lately?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/FuturesobrightIgottawearshares-2.jpg

810Suited
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I would be shocked if they offered Jmison Morgan a scholly. Dude has serious work ethic issues and doesnt really like basketball, a wonderful combination for an overweight basketball player.

Mr Vulture
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I certainly am not guaranteeing Morgan but it wouldn't shock me. My gut is that they have someone already targeted which we will know in short order. We have had good luck in getting guys from overseas that are out of the blue....will be interesting although I am pretty sure it will be a frontcourt player.

Zag79
04-09-2010, 01:50 AM

correct. but i have to admit, meech isnt even one of my favorite players. i just end up doing the same thing every year for the guy that some posters want to blame everything for. i did it for pargo (one of my favorites), raivio, josh, and so on. every season certain fans feel the need to be so repetitive, pointing the finger at the same guy even if there were more apparent reasons. guess i defend the under dog. plus, i do really think meech will be our pg for the rest of his career.

Bogozags
04-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Once again decisions have to be made...a new PG in the house...we already have Meech, GJ, GG, Manny and Hart. Let's see, there are a total of 200 minutes of playing time in the normal course of a non-overtime game. Fort for each guard position and since we now have six guards, how is the PT going to be distributed. I don't believe there are enough minutes to keep everyone happy. Marquise IS going to get plenty of minutes or he would not have been signed! I believe that one or more of these fine young men are not going to be happy "ridding on the pine;" IMO one or more will be transferring. It is evident Coach Few did not believe the players he had could do the job needed.

The "grapevine" says, Coach Few is recruiting a PG for 2011 (Bell and/or Johnson), which will leave even less playing time next year. My guess is that either Bell or Johnson, if signed, must be given the time/opportunity to play and develop. If we already have three/four PG's in our stable and Kyle coming in 2012, then why would you want to come to GU?

That being the case, it is only logical to believe one or more of our guards will not be playing at GU, with a scholarship next year.

Jedster
04-09-2010, 09:00 AM
We also can't discount the role injuries will play. That is always the wild-card in things. Few has done a good job of providing depth, especially on the back court to help stave off any injuries. We were pretty lucky this year (Knock on wood) that we didn't have much in the way of injury problems until Manny went down in Las Vegas. That hurt us a lot. If one of our pg's get's hurt, we still have a solid group to step up. I do worry though if Steven gets hurt, that would be a huge loss on the back court ( I won't even speculate if Elias gets hurt...that would be bad...)

I really like our chances to make a big run the next two years. Having this depth is important to make those runs.