PDA

View Full Version : DaSean Butler from WVU wins Lowe's Award

LynetteG
04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry Matty :(

BobZag
04-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Butler hit something like 7 game-winning, near buzzer-beater shots. It was well deserved.

Das Zagger
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
A Bob Huggins coached player earned an award that was partly attributed to "grades."

Yes you read that right.

BlueVoodoo07
04-03-2010, 07:09 PM
He is a stand up guy, visiting that lady in the hospital that had a heart attack. Maybe she will pay him back and come visit him. Good luck with the rehab, stay strong.

MedZag
04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Crushing knee injury... really took any wind left in WVU's sails away. I hope it doesn't affect his draft status, though it will, sadly.

lv2hoop
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
A Bob Huggins coached player earned an award that was partly attributed to "grades."

Yes you read that right.

I was surprised to hear on the CBS broadcast that Huggy Bear was a two time academic all American during his playing days at WVU......it seems plain weird that his players don't graduate.

Zag79
04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
huggins was an amazing coach tonight, even in the loss. the way he was with butler was pretty special, its enough to make anyone think twice about him. good job coach!

LynetteG
04-04-2010, 07:21 AM
anyone know about the injury? status? poor guy!

mile2424
04-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I am guessing torn ACL or MCL, but haven't heard any official word yet.

MedZag
04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
The knee looked pretty lax when the orthopod was working on it as he writhed in pain on the floor. Weird mechanism of injury, I'd put money on the anterior collaterol, maybe the lateral collaterol ligament as well.

And yes, that moment between Huggins and Butler was very poignant.

Radbooks
04-04-2010, 10:51 AM
It's not as bad as it looked according to ESPN:

INDIANAPOLIS -- West Virginia star Da'Sean Butler said doctors have told him he has a sprained left knee and didn't expect to find more serious damage once they re-examine him in a few days.

Butler was injured with 8:59 left to play in the Mountaineers' 78-57 loss to Duke in Saturday night's national semifinal game at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Butler, a senior from Newark, N.J., was hurt while driving to the basket. He said he planted his left foot to hop toward the basket, but planted too hard. His knee buckled and he fell to the court.

"It wasn't that big of a deal," Butler said. "It scared me because I've never hurt anything before. You see all these people get hurt, and I was afraid it happened to me."

Butler, who was named a second-team All-America by the Associated Press earlier this week, scored 10 points on 2-for-8 shooting in 28 minutes.

Here's the link (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation), but it's way down the page...

MedZag
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Torn ACL it is... bummer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2010/news/story?id=5054764

MDABE80
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Some are good and some are bad depending where the tear is...looked worse than a sprain on TV. Hope he gets back to normal. As you note Med...it was a precious moment. For me, it showed a whole new side to Huggins. By reputation, he seriously cares for his kids.