PDA

View Full Version : How will Wake Forest be next year?

BobZag
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Wake loses its star Al-Farouq Aminu, plus fellow starters Ish Smith, Chas McFarland and LD Williams.

Any drop-off at all, or are they reloading for a better team?

MickMick
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
They supposedly have a great class coming in and one of their frosh killed us from 3 point land in the Kennel.

Ish Smith will be a huge loss for them. I don't think they will be quite as good.

Kiddwell
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Barring the Zags committing any flagrant fouls and getting tossed from the game <wink, wink>, GU should be better. :)

:]

NorthoftheBorder
04-01-2010, 08:41 PM
According to Scout.com, Wake Forest has the #10 recruiting class in the country:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2010

Other GU opponents also have top ranked recruiting classes:

Xavier #21

Duke #8 (possible opponent in CBE tournament)

Illinois #6

Memphis #1

BlueVoodoo07
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I think they will be like Memphis this year. Saying that could play out next year like that with us. Say we beat Wake there, and maybe lost to Memphis here.

kitzbuel
04-02-2010, 04:30 AM
I think it is hard to say right now. Four starters and a top assistant gone. They have had a lot of coaching turmoil the last couple of years with another assistant having just left last year, too.

It could be a very tough year for them but with some flashes of brilliance. Hopefully they don't have one of those flashes against the Zags. I think a veteran Zags squad takes them.