PDA

View Full Version : The winning 3 point shot

MickMick
05-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Here is the scenario:

It is next March. Six seconds left in regulation. Down by 2 points. A victory sends the Zags to the final four.

Question : Which play do you draw up?

And my answer:

Few draws up a screen to free up Micah Downs for a 3 point shot...probably using Pendergraff to set the pick with the tallest remaining "big" positioned for a quick "put back" if necessary.

My second choice would be Pendergraff (can't believe I'm saying this) taking the shot. You will never hear me complain about Pendergraff taking a game deciding shot. I have that much confidence in him.

meadgrad02
05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Micah and Pendo would be a decent pick and pop play.

BobZag
05-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Pargo feeds the ball into Josh who kicks it back out to Pargo for the trey. Pargo is tough-minded.

I'm fine with Pendo, too.

Really, there are a multitude of good options. I like mine, though. :)

pbriz
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
pargo drives and kicks out to pendo... gotta have the senior take the 3, especially pendo who was stroking them at the end of last year

brasszag
05-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I have to say, Big Red's shot selection is second to none - he doesn't force anything.

That's one trait I haven't seen anyone else on the team have (yet).

That's why I think - when the steel hits the road, however it gets to him, Pendo is probably our go-to.

Unless Micah shows a little more patience - even though he's a little more a sniper - I can't think of anyone else who has the cool and the "gamer" instinct to pull it off like Pendo. Bouldin was, this year, a little too inconsistent. Pargo's long range shot is streaky. Josh has a nice 3-shot, but he should be all about the putback.

ZagMD
05-04-2007, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=brasszag;24005]I have to say, Big Red's .... has the cool and the "gamer" instinct QUOTE]

First attempt at the quote function, so sorry if it doesn't post correctly. I have to agree that Pendo's coolness and gamer instinct is a pleasure to watch. He knows when to kick it into hyper-drive and has the J.P. (Batista) type ice-cool calmness when needed. My heartrate would drop considerably if the ball was in Pendo's hands as time winds down in a close one. He would know if he could make the shot or if a teamate had a better one.

md

saintzag
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Pendo definitely the go to guy.

zaguarxj
05-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Pargo with the ball. First option to Heytvelt down low, 2nd option to Downs for the 3. All that that's covered, which leave the cutter, Bouldin, open for the layup +1. With ice in his veins, he sinks the free throw for the victory!!! Crowd goes wild! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

Zag79
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM
My second choice would be Pendergraff (can't believe I'm saying this) taking the shot.

pendergraft im assuming? ;) he is a great choice. david shoots the ball very well, most people just didnt know it due to his PT up to this year. next years squad will have me feeling damn good with almost anyone shooting. JH, pendo, pargo, MD, you name em.