PDA

View Full Version : Guy Marc Michel

germzag
03-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Anybody know his recruiting status? I believe GU offered him, despite his offensive limitations. He is a legit 7 footer with very good athleticism and is a solid rebounder and shot blocker. Still, on the offensive end he acts like the ball is a hot potato. GU does not have a true 5 to back up Sacre. With only 2 years of eligibility left Michel would not be a liability for too long if his height/athleticism do not transfer to D1.

AzZag
03-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Never seen him play, but I am having haunting flashbacks of Mamery Diallo.

Zagdawg
03-29-2010, 06:44 AM
I saw him play once last year at NIC-- I thought of Foster -5 inches when I saw him.

If Few wanted him -- he would have offered by now, I am sure.

thespywhozaggedme
03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Let Rice and Boise have him.

Zag 77
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Wil Foster, Mamery Diallo, Calum Mcleod..... aaarghh! Please.

CDC84
03-29-2010, 07:41 AM
GU stopped recruiting him awhile ago. I've seen him....he's not good enough.

Nevtelen
03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Wil Foster, Mamery Diallo, Calum Mcleod..... aaarghh! Please.

Projects are great to have on the roster. 13 guys just aren't going to get PT. It's better to have a guy who's a project and working towards being a contributor and understands that he might not see at lot of the court for a while IMO than a player who's ticked at not getting enough PT.

CDC84
03-29-2010, 09:29 AM
The problem is that projects are really only good to take as 4 year players. You only get jucos for 2 years (unless it's an unusual situation like Kong), so they need to deliver right away.

WeSayZed
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Someone mentioned in another thread that he can be redshirted, and doing this makes sense to me. If hes raw then give him a year of D1 coaching and playing against Rob, Kelly and Dower in practice, and then hed be more ready to step in when Rob leaves, which could be next year.

TheReasonableZag
03-29-2010, 11:15 AM
I have no problem with project big guys -- you have all those roster spots, why not take a gamble? I just think the Zag blue-print for these probjects is broken. How many raw, tall, big men are we going to fail with? Diallo. Callum McCloed. Foster (I loved Will, but he never really panned out).

Instead of a really tall guy with a good body and little game, let's get a tall guy with good game and a bad body, John Bryant/Omar Samhan-style. Why not roll the dice that way, when we've shot blanks repeatedly the other way?

hondo
03-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Ever since I watched James Donalson develop at WSU I have been a firm believer in projects--big projects. If ever there was a guy who looked like a hopeless case it was Donaldson. You just never know all that is inside a guy.

Stache
03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Ouch. 3 on 5 on offense.

billyberu
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
GU stopped recruiting him awhile ago. I've seen him....he's not good enough.

I've seen him and do not possess even 1/50th of the basketball knowledge of CDC - and I concur.