PDA

View Full Version : It might have changed the result.

HillBillyZag
03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
When the Xavier shooter was fouled and awarded three shots, some were complaining that an obvious prior foul that was not called would have benefitted Kansas State. Actually, if the first foul had been whistled, with the Kansas State player grabbing the jersey and putting his arms around the Xavier player, it would have been an intentional foul, and although they would have been awarded only two shots, Xavier would also have been given the ball and who knows how it might have ended?

skan72
03-26-2010, 12:57 PM
I really do not think, if the refs had whistled down that first foul, it would have been called an intentional foul.

webspinnre
03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I really do not think, if the refs had whistled down that first foul, it would have been called an intentional foul.

I agree. It should've been called an intentional, but they rarely call that by the letter. I'd like to see an increase in intentional fouls to encourage people to actually be attempting to make a play rather than just completely fouling someone.

skan72
03-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Ya, a lot at the times at the end's of games, when teams are fouling because they're down, you'll see them foul the guy in a way that could be called an intentional foul but rarely is.