PDA

View Full Version : I like the Mavs...

kdoggy
05-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I like Dirk, Stack, Terry, Avery, Josh Howard, but that Mark Cuban is a tool. They are going down.

I love the full Baron Davis beard. What a baller that guy is.

I hardly watch a minute of NBA during the season, but the playoffs are pretty weet.

zagster318
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
The Mavs bring a new meaning to the term "choke job."

wazZag
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I like Terry alot, seems like a really good guy. Cuban is a tool.

RebornZag
05-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I love Golden State...GU can can simulate that kind of an offense next year with all of our tall wings who can shoot. We will need to prove we too are tough on D.

I think I enjoyed this NBA series more than most I've seen in recent years. Go Golden State and Don Nelson...Old School basketball. Davis was awesome in this series, as was Jackson, and Barnes...U N B E L I E V A B L E!!!!

Go Warriors!!!

bayzag09
05-03-2007, 10:46 PM
join the bandwagon!

no one can say they are a true warrior fan after 13 years of playoff drought!

holler atcha boys....warriors in the finals!

Nevtelen
05-03-2007, 11:32 PM
It's kinda nuts... when I see stuff like this happen in the NCAAs every year (the little guy taking out the big, bad BCS contender, etc), I always think it couldn't happen in the NBA because of the multi-game format to the play-offs. Kinda odd seeing the "lesser" team pull out such a big upset.

ZagMan in Philly
05-04-2007, 04:50 AM
The look of Mark Cuban's face at the end of last night's game was priceless. He was going through a nightmare of a series. Best records in the NBA, and lost to a 8th seeded team, that made the playoffs on the last day of regular season...Just WOW

I really think the Warriors will win the next series too...either against Rockets or Jazz. The sea of yellow is intimidating for a visiting team.

kdaleb
05-04-2007, 06:28 AM
that Mark Cuban is a tool

I think Mark Cuban is great -- I love watching him watch his team. He's one of the most entertaining owners in pro sports, for his behavior during games, for the ballsy way he makes waves in ownership and league circles, and for the way he has revived what was once a completely moribund franchise. And really, why own a team if you can't have a little fun and be a fan. If I was a billionaire and owned a pro team or two I wouldn't act like he does (mainly because I'm pretty reserved in general), but I think its great that he feels free to be a goofball. Makes the world a little more fun for the rest of us.

ZagSlug
05-04-2007, 06:45 AM
I don't think of it as a choke job, the Mavs were completely outplayed during the entire series.

Not a Cuban fan, anyone who hires a consulting firm to track every call by every referee in the NBA has some toolness in him. I think he has gone past the goofball he was early on and is now a bit of a jerk.

Rubbadub
05-04-2007, 06:46 AM
I think Mark Cuban is great -- I love watching him watch his team. He's one of the most entertaining owners in pro sports, for his behavior during games, for the ballsy way he makes waves in ownership and league circles, and for the way he has revived what was once a completely moribund franchise. And really, why own a team if you can't have a little fun and be a fan. If I was a billionaire and owned a pro team or two I wouldn't act like he does (mainly because I'm pretty reserved in general), but I think its great that he feels free to be a goofball. Makes the world a little more fun for the rest of us.

I concur. I much prefer an owner who is vocal about what he feels is wrong with the league and is just one of the most rabid basketball fans out there. Reading his blog, he just seems like an average joe who made it big and decided to buy his own team. Tell me what's not to like about him?

Robzagnut
05-04-2007, 07:53 AM
>The Mavs bring a new meaning to the term "choke job."

I don't think it was a choke by the Mavs. The Warriors finally got healthy and used to playing with their new additions from their trade with the Pacers. Also, it's not a choke if you're 0-5 against that team in the regular season. It's ALWAYS about match-ups and the Mavs match-up horribly against Nellie's team.

I like Cuban. I would love for him to own the Sonics. He's passionate about his team and wants to win. He's a great owner.

sanfranzagsguy20
05-04-2007, 08:13 AM
no one can say they are a true warrior fan after 13 years of playoff drought!

are you serious with this?

UberZagFan
05-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Wonder how Cuban feels now after AJ rested all the Mavs starters in the second to last regular season game against the Warriors, considering the Warriors snuck into the playoffs by one win?

http://members.aol.com/tpk9school/images/bite%20butt.gif

zagster318
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
>The Mavs bring a new meaning to the term "choke job."

I don't think it was a choke by the Mavs. The Warriors finally got healthy and used to playing with their new additions from their trade with the Pacers. Also, it's not a choke if you're 0-5 against that team in the regular season. It's ALWAYS about match-ups and the Mavs match-up horribly against Nellie's team.

I like Cuban. I would love for him to own the Sonics. He's passionate about his team and wants to win. He's a great owner.

The Mavs won 67 games in the regular season. Point being, when you lose to a team that won 25 less games, that's a choke. One also has to take into account previous history. The NBA Finals collapse last year was one for the ages, and now the Mavs are on the losing end of the biggest upset in NBA history. Dirk= NBA version of A-Rod.

DrDrivel
05-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Hmmm... I don't agree with that at all.

First, the Mavericks were one of the only teams this entire season to escape MAJOR injury. Don't get me wrong - they are good and put together one of the best regular seasons in recent memory. But their big guns were also healthy, which can't be said of many other teams (Phoenix, San Antonio... hmmm). This was one of the worst seasons in the last 20 years of the NBA because about 27 teams lost really significant chunks of playing time from big stars.

The Warriors, on the other hand, were not healthy. While there is no such thing as a regular starting five in Nellie-ball, they didn't put their big guns on the court at the same time until the season was almost over. If they'd been healthy the whole year - to say nothing of the disruption of an 8-player trade - they'd probably have won 50 games and been a 5-seed. The Warriors are way, waaaay better than their record indicates.

As for Mark Cuban, I don't understand how anyone can fault him. Yes, he crosses the line now and then, but he's exactly what this league needs - owners who understand both the business angle and the entertainment angle of the game. Imagine if Gilbert Arenas and Mark Cuban ever wound up in the same organization. Think of how fun that team would be to root for. It boggles the mind. The NBA would be so much more popular.

bayzag09
05-04-2007, 11:14 AM
are you serious with this?

kind of a joke. I was saying it off the fact that most of my friends are now die hard warrior fans, when really they never watched a game all year. I went to some games this year, but in no means am like a die hard fan myself. My point was whatever, who cares, GO WARRIORS

Robzagnut
05-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I have watched very little NBA over the years as I prefer college ball. Duh. But, if the Warriors and the Suns play each other in the Western Finals I would watch every one of those games.

sanfranzagsguy20
05-04-2007, 06:41 PM
kind of a joke. I was saying it off the fact that most of my friends are now die hard warrior fans, when really they never watched a game all year. I went to some games this year, but in no means am like a die hard fan myself. My point was whatever, who cares, GO WARRIORS

cool...i have been a die hard w's fan since i can remember so all of this is absolutely unbelivable...just wasnt sure why you'd cast dispersions on those of us who have been there all 13 of these years...my friends and i (who have been here through it all) are on top of the world right now...and dont worry there is plenty of room on our bandwagon...hop the hell on

Bocco
05-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Yawn just another NBA game, Yawn playoffs??? They're still playing basketball, in May???? Yawn NBA????? Yawn when does the college bball sean begin?????? How soon will the Sonics leave Seattle?????? Do the need help packiing????? Don't care...

DrDrivel
05-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Yawn heard it all before

Zag79
05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
cuban is good for the league. a guy that loves the sport, loves his city, and loves his team. if any of us "owned" GU for example im sure we might even be worse than mark. :lmao:

The Mavs won 67 games in the regular season. Point being, when you lose to a team that won 25 less games, that's a choke.

BUT, the one team they had a prblem beating ALL season was GS. i say it was more of a bad matchup for dallas than anything else.

Rubbadub
05-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Yawn Bocco, why are you even posting in this thread then?

D Hark 2003
05-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Say what you want about the Mavs choking, they just looked off of their game coming down the stretch at the end of the season, but give credit to the warriors. Golden State was a bad team most of the year, but then late in the seasong they got Stephen Jackson and Al Jefferson and became a vastly improved team both offensively and defensively. So you cant really judge the Warriors on their regular season record because this is a different team. I for one am cheering for them with Don Nelson leading the team... It would be awesome if they some how won the championship and Got Nellie a ring before he retires(if he ever does). I think Baron Davis is the most underrated point guard in the game. He is dominant, i think more dominant than Nash... I would love to see a Phoenix vs Golden State Western Conf finals and watch Nash and BD battle it out.

What do you bay area guys think of Charles Barkley's comments about San Fransico? I believe he called it "a dumpy city" and "a horrible place"....

DrDrivel
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Baron Davis has stretches where he can be dominant and perhaps even more dominant than Nash, but they are stretches. The knock on him now and the reason he's been underrated is his inconsistency due to injury. The guy is brittle. He gets hurt and misses action every year. And when he came up gimpy in game 6, everyone basically sighed and said "here we go again."

I think Nash has flaws. But they're really, really hard to spot. The guy just doesn't make too many boneheaded mistakes. Baron Davis does. It's a gamble on so many levels, but if the gamble works, you're cashing in for big bucks.

lothar98zag
05-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Yawn Bocco, why are you even posting in this thread then?
agreed