PDA

View Full Version : National Champion......

zagnut2012
03-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Boys,

We got beat (soundly...I might add) by the eventual NCAA Champion if the Orange continue to play the way they did against us. We showed alot of heart, we are a young team, we can take many, many, positives from this seasons' brutal schedule. We had a few "Dohs"! as Homer Simpson would say. If you would have told me we would have gone 28-7 Won the Maui Invitaitonal, won the league, beat Wis, Cincy, Okla, Ill, & Memphis, I would have asked you for some of what you are smokin'.

Good season fellas! We are proud of your accomplishments and can't wait until next year!

ZAGNUT 2012

BobZag
03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Boys,

We got beat (soundly...I might add) by the eventual NCAA Champion if the Orange continue to play the way they did against us. We showed alot of heart, we are a young team, we can take many, many, positives from this seasons' brutal schedule. We had a few "Dohs"! as Homer Simpson would say. If you would have told me we would have gone 28-7 Won the Maui Invitaitonal, won the league, beat Wis, Cincy, Okla, Ill, & Memphis, I would have asked you for some of what you are smokin'.

Good season fellas! We are proud of your accomplishments and can't wait until next year!

ZAGNUT 2012

+1. Good post, nut.

In the wake of the Syracuse loss, some of us tend to forget that this team handily took down Florida State, a team that finished only behind Duke and Maryland in the ACC.

Wisky
Cincy
Okie
Illini
Memphis
St. Mary's (twice)
Florida State

That's not a bad list of victims. I include Okie-Illini and Memphis due to the long flight and game well less than 48 hours afterwards.

zag67
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I also agree about a good post. I would like to add that this year we had 2 seniors (1 with lots of minutes), 1 junior, 3 sophmores (1 a redshirt coming back from injury, 1 limited minutes, and one that was new and had been out of organized ball for one year), and 7 freshmen.

This group only lost 7 games. Of those 7 games, 4 of them were to teams that are in the SWEET SIXTEEN, another to a team in the 32 (when our top player gets ejected), and 2 conference games on the road. We got blown out twice and those were to teams that could easily be in the final 4 or better. And actually we could end up with 3 of them in the final four. Not a bad record.

This is with a team that was not suppose to be up there. Great job Matt, Few (and staff), and players for working hard to learn the system. I think that this was a fun team to watch and will be better as the years go on.

Get well Manny and the rest of you take a break and then come back hard to practice what you need to make yourself and the team better.:) :)