PDA

View Full Version : So watching the game..

dawgfather11
03-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't understand why Kelly Olynyck (sp?) was in there? When GU got syracuses big guy in trouble and sacre went out Will foster should have been in there. I watched 3 different times where KO completly missed box out's on rebounds and syracuse got rebounds they shouldn't have, these helped kick start their run. Not to mention the fact he looked completely lost on offense against the zone. Where was will foster?

MickMick
03-21-2010, 10:52 AM
KO relatively new to playing inside. The freshman has much to learn. He will get there physically and mentally.

Arop would have helped, but no team in America can take out a #1 seed when they shoot the rock like that.

After watching four days of basketball, Syracuse looks like the best team to me. At least they are if they can continue to stroke the ball from outside with such accuracy.

MJ777
03-21-2010, 11:14 AM
KO relatively new to playing inside. The freshman has much to learn. He will get there physically and mentally.

Arop would have helped, but no team in America can take out a #1 seed when they shoot the rock like that.

After watching four days of basketball, Syracuse looks like the best team to me. At least they are if they can continue to stroke the ball from outside with such accuracy.

Like UNC last year, Syracuse has found it's mojo at the right time. Whether or not that results in a championship who knows. Zags always seem to get everyones best effort......except FSU and a couple of other teams. Does the GU defensive game plan lead to the best effort or are teams just lucky and happen to shoot lights out on the day or night they are playing the Zags? :confused:

BlueVoodoo07
03-21-2010, 11:16 AM
KO needed game time to get better for next year for one thing, and the other thing I love big Will, but he would have got smoked by there speed running the court. Did you see that one play where KO didnt keep up and they got a easy dunk. Will wouldnt have done nothing

EngineerZag
03-21-2010, 11:28 AM
It's called DEFENSE, or lack thereof. Up until 32-28, our interior defense was making up for our terrible outside shooting and Syracuse was forced to beat us from the outside only. But once we let them go on that 9-0 run and then gave up defensively, they were able to get whatever they wanted, whether inside or out. That's the part that's the most frustrating to me.
There are TWO ways to change the score differential - 1) make a shot or 2) stop the other team from making a shot. When #1 temporarily isn't working for some reason, you HAVE to bring even more intensity on #2. Instead, we folded and let them have their way with us (especially with Rob out), until GJ came in and made some hustle plays and got the team fired up.
Case in point: Syracuse had 60 points already with 15 minutes left in the game!