Another big game, another no show for Bouldin!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoMieD
    Banned
    • Feb 2009

Another big game, another no show for Bouldin!

WHY is it that every big game, he never shows up? It doesn't help that Gray is having the worst game of his life. If it wasn't for Harris, it would be about 40-7 right now.

We get there big man in foul trouble and go 7 minutes without going down low? I don't understand it.

Why is Meech in the game? He's not gonna score, he can't drive, his D isn't great. Why not keep Kong in, atleast he can hit a 3.

That's all.
  • Stache
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Nov 2007

Easy does it

Its halftime. Lots of time. The match up zone takes away Matt's post up offense. Meech's lack of offense means Cuse perimeter defense can out number us - they have 3 to guard 2 - SG and MB. This Zone gives up the post, but makes the perimeter very difficult. Finally every team is going to focus on our best player and Matt has to find a way. 20 minutes left.

Comment

• MJ777
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by DoMieD View Post
      WHY is it that every big game, he never shows up? It doesn't help that Gray is having the worst game of his life. If it wasn't for Harris, it would be about 40-7 right now.

We get there big man in foul trouble and go 7 minutes without going down low? I don't understand it.

Why is Meech in the game? He's not gonna score, he can't drive, his D isn't great. Why not keep Kong in, atleast he can hit a 3.

That's all.
      I know you are dissapointed in the teams performance, but do you watch GU basketball much? Every Big game? Syracuse is the number 1 seed for a reason. They are shooting over 60% and they play a funny defense.

I picked the Zags and I am also dissapointed, but it is time to make history with a big comeback.

Play loose as there is nothing to lose and play like a champion in the second half Zags! And have some fun out there Bulldogs. It is basketball, not Life and Death.

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Matt's got to be injured. HE's not shooting...even when wide open ( which is not happening either) but he's shows up...clutch kid. Just not today...not sure why. I'm guessing he's hurt..hand? Otherwise he'd fill it up. He's a bigtime player.

Comment

• pbriz
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
          Matt's got to be injured. HE's not shooting...even when wide open ( which is not happening either) but he's shows up...clutch kid. Just not today...not sure why. I'm guessing he's hurt..hand? Otherwise he'd fill it up. He's a bigtime player.
          I'm sorry but if there is one thing I absolutely can't stand is how many times people make excuses on here. Bouldin is playing awful because he is having an awful game. I don't want to hear about a hand, back, flu, anything.
          It's F4 or bust.

Comment

• DoMieD
            Banned
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MJ777 View Post
            I know you are dissapointed in the teams performance, but do you watch GU basketball much? Every Big game? Syracuse is the number 1 seed for a reason. They are shooting over 60% and they play a funny defense.

I picked the Zags and I am also dissapointed, but it is time to make history with a big comeback.

Play loose as there is nothing to lose and play like a champion in the second half Zags! And have some fun out there Bulldogs. It is basketball, not Life and Death.
            I didn't pick the Zags, and I'm NOT disappointed, b/c I already KNEW this would happen. And yes, I've watched EVERY Zag game this season, and the last 3 seasons, so I've seen EVERY game Matt Bouldin has played his WHOLE career. If you could please take the time to show me ONE game where he played good against a TOP team.

He's had big games against decent teams, but he's never played great against the BEST competition.

Comment

• basketballzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Bouldin's hand must be Injured.

Comment

• mgadfly
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

And let the negative nancy's come forth and prosper...

Daye and Heytvelt were too weak
                Pargo couldn't shoot
                They never showed up for big games
                They lacked heart...

WAIT, wrong season

Bouldin and Foster were too weak
                Meech couldn't shoot
                They never showed up for big games
                They lacked heart

Give it a rest people. This team had nine or ten players that hadn't stepped foot on an NCAA court. They won their conference, kept the streak alive, and made the NCAA where they won a game. They looked like a young, mid-major against one of the best team's in the country. Bouldin had a great career here.

Comment

• GUDan07
                  Kennel Club
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DoMieD View Post
                  He's had big games against decent teams, but he's never played great against the BEST competition.
                  +1

Comment

• MBZags
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

This thread is ridiculous. This game is NOT Bouldin's fault by any stretch of the imagination. Their perimeter defense, like always, completely let them down.

Comment

• GUDan07
                      Kennel Club
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MBZags View Post
                      This thread is ridiculous. This game is NOT Bouldin's fault by any stretch of the imagination. Their perimeter defense, like always, completely let them down.
                      No one blamed the loss on him.

Comment

• DoMieD
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MBZags View Post
                        Woah, no one is blaming Bouldin. Well I'm not at least. Syracuse is clearly the better team, and due to terrible perimeter defense, Few not having us go inside when Johnson was in foul trouble, and GU not hitting 3's and refusing to drive and dish. But this thread just questions what it is that causes Bouldin to never show up against good competition. Is it b/c he's not that good? He gets too nervous? I just don't understand it. He's even missed 3 EASY lay-ups in the 2nd half.

Comment

Working...
                        X