PDA

View Full Version : Stupor Bowl

RenoZag
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
No lack of action. . .Can you imagine this scenario:

You get your first HD TV just in time for the Super Bowl and you spend the entire broadcast cursing the Fates because the cameras are fogging up from the rain and the reception isn't any better than the tube TV you had in the first place.

At least the commercials were crisp n' clear.

TheBeast
02-04-2007, 05:27 PM
No lack of action. . .Can you imagine this scenario:

You get your first HD TV just in time for the Super Bowl and you spend the entire broadcast cursing the Fates because the cameras are fogging up from the rain and the reception isn't any better than the tube TV you had in the first place.

At least the commercials were crisp n' clear.

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing!

LargeWilliam
02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
But I'm liking seeing it on my new 52-incher even sans HDTV.

Zag79
02-05-2007, 12:33 PM
bears=worst offensive team to make super bowl in a long time.

xjzico
02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
How'd the Prince halftime show look in HD? I scatch my head about the guy once in a while but he sure can play.

lothar98zag
02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
bears=worst offensive team to make super bowl in a long time.

That may be true, but the Bears D lost the game for them.

a13coach
02-05-2007, 02:14 PM
True, but it would be tough for any defense to stop Manning for as long as they were on the field, with the turnovers and play stoppage due to challenges. And the offense, due to turnovers and half time, went almost a full hour with out being on the field.

Zag79
02-05-2007, 03:22 PM
the bears d??? surely you meant rex's ints, fumbled snaps and overall inability to move the ball or put anything together, right? take away the kickoff return and the bears O didnt do diddly.

lothar98zag
02-05-2007, 03:27 PM
the bears d??? surely you meant rex's ints, fumbled snaps and overall inability to move the ball or put anything together, right? take away the kickoff return and the bears O didnt do diddly.

It didn't matter what Rex & the O did or didn't do because the D couldn't stop the Colts O enough for it to matter that Rex was pathetic.

MedZag
02-05-2007, 05:41 PM
It didn't matter what Rex & the O did or didn't do because the D couldn't stop the Colts O enough for it to matter that Rex was pathetic.

Which is entirely the fault of the offense. The Bears were so inept they couldn't stay on the field for more than 3 minutes. The Colts had TWICE AS MUCH time of possession. Peyton Manning got 81 plays from scrimmage. Manning's too good to be shut out, teams have beat him in the past by clock control and limiting possession. Not only was the Bears offense 3 and out too many times to count, they gave Indy 5 additional posessions through fumbles and int's. The bears d was exhausted by the end and rightfully so.

lothar98zag
02-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Which is entirely the fault of the offense. The Bears were so inept they couldn't stay on the field for more than 3 minutes. The Colts had TWICE AS MUCH time of possession. Peyton Manning got 81 plays from scrimmage. Manning's too good to be shut out, teams have beat him in the past by clock control and limiting possession. Not only was the Bears offense 3 and out too many times to count, they gave Indy 5 additional posessions through fumbles and int's. The bears d was exhausted by the end and rightfully so.
I could keep going, but this is already turning into a chicken and the egg thing so I'll drop it.

Rdgardless - the good plays the Bears had yesterday could probably be counted on one hand...

LongIslandZagFan
02-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I turned to one of the guys at the party I was at and said Grossman could be what kills you tonight. I had a feeling he had a clunker in there waiting to come out. Wow, did it ever.

Rex Grossman... 1-2 years away from NFL Europe or the Canadian Football. He looked like a HS QB... in the Super bowl... sad... just sad.