PDA

View Full Version : doesnt get any better'n this

jazzdelmar
03-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Withers column:

Having conquered the game, the Zags then won the podium. Much as Dan Dickau and Casey Calvary used to charm the interview room in an earlier day, Sacre, Bouldin and Gray took it over.

The free-spirited Sacre, from Vancouver, B.C., said he reveled in the fact the Canadian national anthem was played before the game. Then, referring to the physical nature of it, he said, "We knew, coming to Buffalo, it was going to be a Buffalo Sabres game, basically."

That led somebody to ask him about the NHL, and Sacre lapsed into a discussion ranging from goalie Dominik Hasek to the Vancouver Canucks.

"Who's your favorite curler?" asked Few, applying the needle.

"Leslie Nielsen," Sacre said, not missing a beat, "in 'Men with Brooms.' "

Sunday, the Zags get Syracuse, the top seed in the region. They'll need it all — stones, brooms maybe, and all that backlog of experience that has stood them so well.

TexasZagFan
03-20-2010, 05:41 AM
"Stay thirsty, my friends."

MickMick
03-20-2010, 06:32 AM

A quote by "the most interesting man in the world"

Anyone else get the feeling that Rob has a chance to be the next superstar for the Zags? Look at the transformation of Samhan in four years. Rob is only half way there.

webspinnre
03-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Sacre has more potential Samhan did, with the extra strength and a bit more athleticism. If he works hard and things break right, he could definitely be looking at a career in the NBA.

This is by no means to knock Samhan, who reminds me a bit of JP with his soft hands and nice touch around the hoop. He also has similar weaknesses with concerns about his ability to play D in the league. He'll need the right situation, but hopefully he gets the shot that JP never got.

MickMick
03-20-2010, 07:16 AM
If I am a NBA exec, I give Samhan a long hard look. I even give him a year or two to adjust.

Xin Loi 67
03-20-2010, 10:13 AM

"Get em watered down good, it's a 100 miles to the Muddy Red" = Glass Full.

maynard g krebs
03-20-2010, 12:15 PM
If I am a NBA exec, I give Samhan a long hard look. I even give him a year or two to adjust.

Samhan has a lot of similarities to UW's Todd McCulloch(sp?) who was doing very well until his unfortunate illness (and is now a successful professional pinball player-great hands/reflexes).