PDA

View Full Version : Bouldin invited to U19 team this summer

BobZag
05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Congrats to Matt. Let's hope he makes the cut and plays great. :adored:

CDC84
05-03-2007, 10:03 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Matt make the team because of his versatility. Obviously, he will need to show well at the trials, but there will not be many players at the trials who can play three positions: PG, SG and SF. I mean, he would probably be used at the 2 or 3 more, but his presence on the team would allow the staff a lot more options when selecting other team members. For example, they could select just 2 point guards instead of 3 because Matt could run the show if they get in a bind.

GoZags
05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Here is the link to schedule, etc. for the '07 World Championships (to be held in Serbia).

There will be updates as to the team trials, roster, etc. in the very near future.

Good luck to Matt (and to Team USA)

http://www.usabasketball.com/men/2007/07_mu19_results.html

pbriz
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
is there a link to see the list of everyone invited?

GoZags
05-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Perhaps I wasn't real clear.

"There will be updates as to the team trials, roster, etc. in the very near future. "

By trials, roster, etc. I thought I was implying that USA Basketball would have this up soon.... including the list of invitees (who will be the guys on the roster, participating in the trials.

GonzagaGurl08
05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info BZ. Good luck to Matt on his tryouts etc. GoZags, I thought you were real clear. But than again, reading in between the lines isn't everyones strong point.

pbriz
05-03-2007, 01:34 PM
my mistake, good to know people dont have anything better to do than jump all over me for a simple misread

zzzjag
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if Ammo is going to be invited back to the Team USA workouts? I remember that he and Redick were both part of the process last summer and were part of a 3 year commitment. I haven't read or seen anything about them being brought back in.

Lately I have read about new players being added to the 'camp' like Durrant and other NBA players that didn't attend last year. I am not sure if the 3 year 'commitment' meant Team USA was obligating themselves to the roster invitees or it was for the players to say they would commit for 3 years.

GoZags
05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Adam continues to be a member of Team USA (Senior Men's).

He will have the opportunity to make the '07 (active) team that will attempt to qualify for the '08 Olympics, and he will have the opportunity to make the '08 (active) Olympic team.

Adam has gotten, and will continue to get valuable experience at these Team USA camps.

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2006/06_msnt_roster.html

Ghost
05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Lets hope those camps pay off and he gets on the right track next season.

GonzagaGurl08
05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Adam continues to be a member of Team USA (Senior Men's).
It made me laugh to think of Adam on the "senior" mens team. Senior makes me think of 65 and older. And the guys on that team are in their 20's and a little older. Why can't they just call it the mens team?

BBskorer
05-07-2007, 08:57 AM
According to this AP blog (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SPT_BKN_NBA_WEBLOG?SITE=NYNYD&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=NYDN-AP-Sports.html), Adam won't be participating this summer.
Colangelo, USA Basketball's managing director, said every player is still invited to attend. But a player who is going to be cut won't have to travel to Las Vegas to get the news.

"We made a commitment to you, you made a commitment to us," he said he told them. "Realistically, here's what we're thinking and we want you to know that in advance."

Antawn Jamison took him up on the offer and recently said he was taking the summer off. Adam Morrison sent word through his people that he'd also be a no-show.

"I let it be known that the realistic opportunity for Adam was slim," Colangelo said. "The response was, he doesn't need to be on a basketball court, he needs to be in a gym lifting weights."