Zagatak
03-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Predictions on Sunday's game...
Zags Vs Cuse

Zags 75
Cuse 71

MickMick
03-19-2010, 08:34 PM
They are athletic, tough, and very well coached.

But so are the Zags. You are basically asking me to predict how we will shoot from range.

I say well enough.

Zags in a squeaker.....77 to 76 (high score because of overtime). Foul trouble to their bigs finally does em in.

2wiceright
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Zags 79
Cuse-75

Go Zags! Win Sunday!!!

LongIslandZagFan
03-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Not predicting one way or the other... but would love nothing better than to end Jimmy B's season.... Yeah, Jazz that is the Redmen in me talkin'... that and I just can't stand JB... guy is the king of whining a-holes.

alldaye
03-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Well just wanna say I predicted FSU game 66 59... Zags 71 Cuse 66

Zags shoot Cuse out of zone. Gray, Harris, Kong, Bouldin, and Olynyk combine for 8-10 3's. Down by 3 at half. Run at the beginning of 2nd half gets us the lead.

HillBillyZag
03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
We match up decently with Syracuse. I say Zags 80, Cuse 71.

Ekrub
03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
88-86 Gonzaga in OT.

Don't know how I came up with that but thats what I'm feeling right now.

NovaZag
03-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Zags 84
Cuse 67

Gray goes for 30

snebzag
03-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Well just wanna say I had Zags 68-61 over FSU..Close Alldaye. Nova has my feeling about Gray. I predicted him big against FSU and he was not big, but good. Steven is playing very well. I would love to see 30.

Zags 78
Cuse 73

SG goes for 23 points, 8 rebounds.
Matty 16 points, 5 rebounds.
Bench players will score in this one. Atleast a FEW.

jim77
03-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Tough call on this one. The Cuse can shut the key down tighter than Area 51. If their big man doesn't play that should help us....I think he will play....especially if it comes down to the wire. We have to nail some 3's to get them to lower the draw bridge and come out. I also think we may be able to score a few in transition....there really isn't a sure fire strategy to beat these guys....we have to take what we get and pick and chose our aggressiveness. We also have to slow Rautins down a bit cause he is the key to the offense. Did I mention how well they play the ZONE???? Boehiem is the master of the ZONE....With much fear and trepidation. Zags 75 Cuse 73

MickMick
03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Overtime baby

The Oregon Spike
03-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Mad respect to Syracuse. Zags match well with them though. It will be a fun game. Go Zags!

primal23
03-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Syr 84
GU 79

ZagManFan
03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Are you kidding me? They play in the BIG EAST people. We don't play like Big East teams.......

That being said..

Zags - 72
Cuse - 70

U Zig, I Zag
03-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Zags 83-75

SOMEONE for GU has to blow up, Matt, Steven, Elias - talking 30+ points and 10+ boards. We are due for a big game from someone. I like the fact that we spread the points so well, but I have a feeling this game will come down to someone needing to be a dagger thrower and punch it in 'Cuse's heart.

Someone has to step up like they never have before for us to win this thing. The stars must align.

gamagin
03-20-2010, 11:50 AM
hopefully more.

bartruff1
03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Harris plays for 35-40 minutes...scores 25....Gonzaga 82-77...

U Zig, I Zag
03-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Harris plays for 35-40 minutes...scores 25....Gonzaga 82-77...

there we go!

Reborn
03-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Gonzaga 82
Syracuse 79

Syracuse is the first #1 Seed to go down!!! Yeah!

It's a heavyweight fight, and the Zags are the one's standing alone at the end. Syracuse is on the floor in agony. Unbelievable. But this is 2010. A very, very special year. Matt Bouldin is voted Most Outstanding Player of the game and turnament. Steven and Harris were very close behind. The Three Headed Monster killed a wounded giant.

The Big East is not the conference the pundits thought it to be. St. Mary's over Villanova is a forewarning of what is to come tomorrow. I wanted to wait until after the St. Mary's vs Vill game before making my prediction. I felt that if St. Mary's could beat Vill than we could take down Syracuse. GU is better than St. Mary's. Now it's time to show it. For reals.

I am glad to see the positive attitude of this board today and last night. It feels good. The Best is yet to come!

Go Zags!

RenoZag
03-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I think Jimmy B's Orangemen will prevail by 9 points.

kylasdad
03-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Gonzaga 82
Syracuse 79

Syracuse is the first #1 Seed to go down!!! Yeah!

We will see...Kansas looks like they want to take that crown!

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Syracuse 82
Gonzaga 64

Northern Iowa has me pumped!

MickMick
03-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Here is how we are going to beat them

link (http://www.jes-basketball.com/animated/dshootingskippassshooting-perimeter.html)

Look for it.

C'mon Kong....don't be timid!

billyberu
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Syracuse 82
Gonzaga 64

Northern Iowa has me pumped!

Odd way of showing it.

Here's the thing - the Zags this year haven't played well against good zone defenses. Mark is going to have to reach deep into his coaching bag and forget about playing it safe. We're in 'Cuses' backyard (not really, but close enough) and we need to take it to them from the get go. Someone needs to get hot from deep at the proper moment. If Gray goes off for 30 pts. but gets shutout the last 4 minutes of the game and we lose what good does that do us?
I like how Sacre has been playing of late. He is demanding the ball. If we swing the ball well (think Okla. game) we can crack that zone and pound the ball inside. If we start dribbling around a lot and jacking up late threes we're doomed.
I think this is a game we are going to need our bench to produce. Kelly Olynyk might be the guy, not so much for scoring points, but for distributing the ball. Let's get about 5 assists from him. Get the inside game going and then insert Bol about midway in each half. Let 'er rip Bol 'cause this is the time to shine.
We need the standard production from our guards with another defensive gem from Gray. Elias has looked better, but he is still keeping up with his average.
I hate predicting scores and I'll admit I'm terrible at it. That being said I'm a sucker for an underdog and the Zags. The Zags win this 78 - 65.

rawkmandale
03-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I selected Gonzaga in both my brackets, so have to give them the higher score, though I'll admit they will have to play very loose and fancy free. This is a situation where they may only win if they bury Syracuse and discourage them. Hence, I'll pick a fairly high winning margin: 86-76.

El Voce
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I selected Gonzaga in both my brackets, so have to give them the higher score, though I'll admit they will have to play very loose and fancy free. This is a situation where they may only win if they bury Syracuse and discourage them. Hence, I'll pick a fairly high winning margin: 86-76.

The Voice senses that this Gonzaga team - starting with its head coach - has been loose and relaxed from the time the brackets were announced. It seems like a blessing in disguise that this team was given a low seed and sent 2,300 miles from home (for no good reason, other than the Committee couldn't send them to Europe).

The Zags are having fun, playing hard, and playing as a team. The "Cuse tomorrow will be carrying the burden of high expectations from their thousands of fans in attendance. If their stud center is out, they must really be cognizant of foul trouble, which could make them much less aggressive.

I was never one of those who thought it would be great for the Zags to play at the Spokane Arena for the opening round. Playing in front of the home crowd creates a lot of pressure. Our guys are used to being the "villain" in front of huge crowds this year. They shouldn't be bothered tomorrow.

Nothing the Zags do tomorrow will surprise me. They could go out and be gangbusters like they were in the first half against FSU, or they could lay a giant egg right at center court. I expect them to play hard for 40 minutes, and, if they do that, The Voice will be proud of them regardless of how it all turns out.

Jedster
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I think Elias will be the key for us on the offensive end. I haven't seen a team this year where their bigs beat ours, and I think it continues tomorrow, though we play a good balanced inside out game. It will be tight all the way (and please win it in regulation so I can go see the Maryland/Mich. St. game!).

Zags 66
Syracuse60

Go Zags!

zagitup
03-20-2010, 09:13 PM

This. If it ends up being a close one, that won't favor our Zags. This is a 'Cuse home game for all intents and purposes, and we'll need to take the crowd out of this one from beginning to end. If we do, it'll be a thing of beauty- Zags 88 Cuse 77

drnoe
03-20-2010, 09:31 PM
We are now less than 12 hours from game time, which means Zags fans west of the continental divide still have at least 3 more hours to consume confidence-building liquid libations. The smarter fans, of course me not being one of them, are now in bed dreaming about the Zags playing Butler next Thursday.

We have been absolutely pummeled by the media about the alleged invincibility of Syracuse. Really? Are they really that good? What about Kansas? What number of bracketeers had the JHawks in their final 4? Probably about the same number of folks who believe Megan Fox has had more than two sex partners. What about Villanova? Evan Harold Jensen is shaking his head about the overrated status bestowed upon his alma mater.

By midday tomorrow, Zags fans are not only going to contemplate their TV/traveling plans for next Thursday, but also incredibly for next Saturday. Not going to go beyond that, but don't be surprised if the wounds of the '06 UCLA debacle won't end up oozing nearly as much as they do now.

My prediction is obvious. I feel it in my bones. To hell with Orange mania. It's time to send Boeheim to his very short drive home. I'm going to bed now... soon to be dreaming of a long weekend in Salt Lake City. Go Zags!

Zagalicious
03-20-2010, 10:46 PM
69-68 Gu

Ziggy
03-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Gu 79-su 70 :)

MJ777
03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
GU 71 SU 68

Go Zags!!

caduceus
03-21-2010, 01:32 AM
http://imgur.com/lN7B4.gif Spike: 75
http://imgur.com/wTgyc.gif Otto the Orange: 74

We're undefeated against teams wearing orange this year.
We're undefeated against the Big East this year.
We're undefeated against schools with 8 letters in their name this year.
We're undefeated in the second round of the Tourney against higher seeds in even numbered years.
We're undefeated in the second round of the Tourney against teams east of the Mississippi.
We're undefeated in the second round of the Tourney against teams not named Arizona or Nevada or Texas Tech.

We're 0-4 against #1 seeds...I think we're due!

(it's a stretch, but hey...we have nothing to lose!) :)

ZagDaddy
03-21-2010, 05:58 AM
I think the most important key to to winning this game is for us as a team to be hot from 3 land. That's very tough to do against Syracuse because they are so long the windows to shoot are closed before you know it. That means we need perfect ball movement and the frequent extra pass.

We need the usual outside shooters to be hot and some contribution from Mr. Kong. He cannot play as tentatively as he did last game and Kelly who has been afraid to shoot for the last 6 weeks or so has to find some confidence right now.

I think our bigs can do some damage if we can get the ball into them or over the top of their zone but that is all predicated on the Orange having to respect our outside shot.

We have to come out of the gates blazing hot from the outside. If we have one of those games where we are looking for someone to heat up, it's will be very tough to hang with these guys.

Here's to hoping those soft rims in Buffalo stay friendly to the Zags.

If we are shooting the ball from outside we win by 3. If we don't we lose by 12.

MickMick
03-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Mark Few on CBS

"We have to hit our shots"

Reborn
03-21-2010, 06:47 AM
We are now less than 12 hours from game time, which means Zags fans west of the continental divide still have at least 3 more hours to consume confidence-building liquid libations. The smarter fans, of course me not being one of them, are now in bed dreaming about the Zags playing Butler next Thursday.

We have been absolutely pummeled by the media about the alleged invincibility of Syracuse. Really? Are they really that good? What about Kansas? What number of bracketeers had the JHawks in their final 4? Probably about the same number of folks who believe Megan Fox has had more than two sex partners. What about Villanova? Evan Harold Jensen is shaking his head about the overrated status bestowed upon his alma mater.

By midday tomorrow, Zags fans are not only going to contemplate their TV/traveling plans for next Thursday, but also incredibly for next Saturday. Not going to go beyond that, but don't be surprised if the wounds of the '06 UCLA debacle won't end up oozing nearly as much as they do now.

My prediction is obvious. I feel it in my bones. To hell with Orange mania. It's time to send Boeheim to his very short drive home. I'm going to bed now... soon to be dreaming of a long weekend in Salt Lake City. Go Zags!

This is a great post, my friend. It belongs in the Zags' lockeroom.