PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Syracuse = Canadian GOLD

BRAY88
03-19-2010, 07:50 PM
This game could be the biggest most influential game in Canadian Basketball history with 6 Canadians in total , looks like Steve Nash's influence on the game of basketball in canada is finally starting to pay off, im still going with the ZAGS!

JokerZag
03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
elaborate. I know of one recruit from north of minnesota

BRAY88
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Syracuse= Kris Joseph from Montreal and Andy Rautins

Gonzaga's 4 Canadians are a no brainer with Sacre, Kong, Olynyk from british Columbia and Manny from Edmonton, Alberta

thespywhozaggedme
03-19-2010, 08:12 PM
This game is the Kevin Pangos sweepstakes, as it appears us, Syracuse and Michigan State are his top 3. I wonder if he'll be at the game since it's only about a 2 1/2 hour drive for him.

LynetteG
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Speaking of the Canadians, I loved how at the post-game press conference Rob was asked about his enthusiasm during the playing of the Canadian national anthem at tonight's game :) I love it!

BRAY88
03-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Speaking of the Canadians, I loved how at the post-game press conference Rob was asked about his enthusiasm during the playing of the Canadian national anthem at tonight's game :) I love it!

I missed that was Rob really enthusiastic? Did they show Bol, Kelly and Manny during the Canadian anthem as well?

LynetteG
03-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I missed that was Rob really enthusiastic? Did they show Bol, Kelly and Manny during the Canadian anthem as well?

They didn't show them during the anthem, it was a question that one of the reporters asked Rob in the post game press conference. Rob just said something to the effect that he loved it, and that he doesn't hear it played in Spokane very much.

BRAY88
03-19-2010, 08:59 PM
They didn't show them during the anthem, it was a question that one of the reporters asked Rob in the post game press conference. Rob just said something to the effect that he loved it, and that he doesn't hear it played in Spokane very much.

Thats awesome well when rob isplaying for the canadian senior mens team this summer in turkey I wonder how many loyal fans on here will still be cheering for him? For that matter Manny , bol and kelly all have a pretty good chance of playing for canada, but rob right now is the most capable of making an immediate impact

rawkmandale
03-20-2010, 07:53 AM
It's been a big year for Canada, so the team with more Canucks should advance!

GrizZAG
03-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Canadian Exchange Rate is far stronger these days eh?

RenoZag
03-20-2010, 05:34 PM
LINK (http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2010/03/gonzaga_and_syracuse_reap_the.html)

From the "Orange Basketball Blog"

All of this thrills the Canadian basketball kids who have longed for affirmation in a country that might now be ready to embrace them.

“I don’t know how much respect we’ve gained, but I know we have a lot of young talent coming up,” Arop said. “We’re obviously excited about it. It’s going to make our country better in basketball and in raising the level of competition there.”

“When other kids in Canada see that that’s happening and that there’s opportunities here, it’s really great,” said Olynyk. “It definitely can be done. There’s a lot of talent up there that can be tapped into.”

American college basketball coaches seem to concur. SU’s Jim Boeheim and Gonzaga’s Mark Few attest to the rise in Canadian basketball. Few said when he visits AAU tournaments on scouting trips, he routinely encounters impressive teams and intriguing players from Canada.

Ziggy
03-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Thats awesome well when rob isplaying for the canadian senior mens team this summer in turkey I wonder how many loyal fans on here will still be cheering for him? For that matter Manny , bol and kelly all have a pretty good chance of playing for canada, but rob right now is the most capable of making an immediate impact

Manny needs a break ( no pun intended ) from year around BB. His feet can not take it. Pass this on to the coach.