23dpg
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Too many unforced turnovers.

Zero bench points

bigblahla
03-19-2010, 05:32 PM

Zero bench points

Can't we enjoy just one win without the negative crap. I can pick apart the second half but the game is over enjoy the win and the fact that Captain Matt will wear his GU colors proudly at least one more time. :D

Go!! Zags!!!

23dpg
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Didn't think that was too negative. I was just shocked when I saw that stat.

Check my posts, I'm not a doom and gloom guy.

mdZag23
03-19-2010, 05:36 PM
stood up there and knocked down free throws. the kid showed some serious hutzpa tonight and did a great job handling the ball and running the offense.

McZag
03-19-2010, 05:39 PM

Zero bench points

I can vouge for 23. He's positive.

And he's right.

We can beat Cuse or anybody if we don't beat ourselves with TO's.

Time for yours truly to start believing in our kiddies, as long as they learn from this and make adjustments Sunday.

Birddog
03-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Kong and Olynyk looked dumbfounded when they had open looks, and waited too long and ultimately passed the ball. They're young and maybe this will get them going.

BlueVoodoo07
03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
There are no worries from the FSU...we won that s all that matters. Every game is different.

MickMick
03-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Survive and advance baby. Every team has flaws.

We know what our flaws are. Now isn't the time to worry about it.

tinfoilzag
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM

Specifically the bounce pass from the top of the key to our bigs. Ugh.

I thought Few learned from the UCLA game. If pushing the pace and attacking gets you a big lead. KEEP DOING IT.

On the positive, huge block Harris, clutch shot Gray at end of the shot clock, great job with the free throws Meech, nice little inbounds steal Boldin. It's those little things at the end of games that make for deep runs.

MJ777
03-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Specifically the bounce pass from the top of the key to our bigs. Ugh.
I thought Few learned from the UCLA game. If pushing the pace and attacking gets you a big lead. KEEP DOING IT.

On the positive, huge block Harris, clutch shot Gray at end of the shot clock, great job with the free throws Meech, nice little inbounds steal Boldin. It's those little things at the end of games that make for deep runs.

Those are great positives. As many times as they did it, I think the bounce pass from the top of the key was something they emphasized in preparing for FSU for some reason. But I have been known to be wrong occasionally.

titopoet
03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Not surprising. First tourny game for the bench guys. Few went with the experience.

maynard g krebs
03-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Some of the turnovers were the result of the concerted effort to get the ball inside, something FSU looked like they weren't expecting. And that led to 50% shooting, which no one in their right mind would have predicted. So, you gotta take the bad with the good

That said, a couple of those top of the key entry bounce passes were poor decisions, but it happens. 15 turns isn't great, but not enough to lose the game.

Section 116
03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Tommy Lloyd said on the post game radio show it was in the game plan to play the starters for extended periods. Tommy noted with the length of CBS's commercial load it was easy for the players to catch their breath and not wear down.