PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - FSU - 3.19.2010

RenoZag
03-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Gritty win by the good guys.

Who's your player of the game ?

Box Score Link (http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ncaa/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/031910GonzagaFSUbox)

Once and Future Zag
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Sacre - set the tone early and got their bigs into foul trouble.

That iota of hesitation that gave them might have been the difference.

westside-zagfan
bouldin. almost a double double hit some key shots, led all in scoring. Sacre a close second he came out playing like a man possessed.

free throws were great tonight. compare our 73% free throw percentage with the rest of the field and we are near the top. These guys are taking care of business!

zag69
Matty B (or Santangelo, if the announcers were right), no question. 17/8/3

Everyone did well, though, proud of EH (or Alias), Rob's energy in the first half, Meech's FTs, SG's defense and 14 pts.

Where's my blood pressure meds?

gamagin
03-19-2010, 05:27 PM
but I voted for Meech for all those critical f.t.'s, which was SFU's final plan. He foiled it and them.

misszigzag
03-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Sacre gets my vote tonight, although it is close.

I loved the intensity that Rob brought tonight and didn't get pushed around.

Birddog
03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Never thought I'd say this, MEECH!!!!

Others were very good, but Meech really played well and those clutch free throws, oh my!

BobZag
03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I voted Sacre but this is a tough choice. A team effort.

LynetteG
03-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I cannot believe that only 5 zags scored tonight! I voted for Matty since he scored the most, but wow, I think TEAM won this one!

kitzbuel
03-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Steven Gray with 15 points and 8 rebounds. Zags are in great shape for next year!

zagfan24
03-19-2010, 05:32 PM
1st) Sacre - brought the intensity early and got their bigs in foul trouble with his intensity
2nd) Meech - big FT's, some good passes, and for the most part the turnovers were not him
3rd) Bouldin - kept us focused and calm in the second half and hit some really big shots

Gray and Harris played excellent as well...our starting five really got after it tonight :D Great job Zags!!

jazzdelmar
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
never thought id say this: meech

ft's and he played great d and rebounded and made FEWER dumb plays than the others

Bocco
03-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Sacremeechbouldingrayharris it was a five man effort, though my vote went to Sacre

MedZag
03-19-2010, 05:40 PM

ft's and he played great d and rebounded and made FEWER dumb plays than the others

Thumbs up Jazz.

Efficient games from all the starters though.

Bench guys all looked frazzled, makes sense due to their youth.

MickMick
03-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I went Gray and almost regret it. Sacre played extremely well and probably deserved the vote. A coin filp really.

billyberu
03-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Sacre in the first half. Matty B when it mattered.

Zagnailler
03-19-2010, 05:45 PM

carve it in marble and call it a milestone! Way to go Meech

gamagin
03-19-2010, 05:49 PM
never thought id say this: meech ft's and he played great d and rebounded and made FEWER dumb plays than the others

Good Call ! !

He had 2 t.o's and, despite being the shortest guy on the court, I believe, outrebounded Alabi.

zagfan24
03-19-2010, 05:50 PM

Hell hath frozen over :p You make a great point about his rebounding...he got several key boards throughout the game -- mostly due to pure effort.

JokerZag
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
had to think on this one. Gray because of the on the line 2 he hit with the shot clock expiring. Remember that being very pivitol.

rawkmandale
03-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I want a "team" option, because that is how it was won.

zag69
03-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I saw MB's late steal of the inbounds pass as the play of the game. But there were many.

MDABE80
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Tough kid Meech. Matt was so key. Meech seems to rise up in the playoffs. He's just so doggedly determined! He MUST learn to be an offensive threat!
Needs to do a Rotnei over the Summer...it's his only weak point. He's getting better though...We'll see. He'd die to go get a ball....he's such a good kid too. Low maintenece and he works hard....I'd share this award with Matt, Meech, Steven and RObert...

Birddog
03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
That pass Meech made from on the floor after gathering the loose ball was clutch too.

OZZY
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
I went with Big Rob, he made us proud releasing his "Inner Warrior" we know that he has, He took on the 'Noles bigs and dominated the first half. The other four starters all played very well to boot!

Go Zags take down the Orange!

zagitup
03-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Matty B... kept his cool while the Noles made their run and helped settle down the troops. Showed his exemplary leadership of this young team once again. Like someone mentioned earlier, his steal of the inbound pass was the clutch moment in a scarier-than-necessary ending.

El Voce
03-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I went with Bobby, but this was truly a team win.

Richard Fox, on the radio postgame, thinks there is no reason why the Zags shouldn't be very confident on Saturday.

Go Zags!

ZagsObserver
03-19-2010, 06:58 PM
When it really mattered in the second half, Bouldin stepped up. In the first half he was a facilitator, and in the second half he stood up like a leader w/ the boards (eight rebounds), steals (3 steals), and a couple nice post baskets and a clutch three at the end. Save for the turnovers, Gray also hit a few clutch shots, and Sacre set the pace early with his toughness. It was clear how impactful Sacre was when contrasted w/ the play when Foster was in.

zaguarxj
03-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I went with Rober Soccer. But Alias, Meech, Grey and Mr. Santangelo all had critical contributions. Wonderful win!

DoggieDogpound
03-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Close call:
1. Sacre
2. Meech
3. Gray

RenoZag
03-19-2010, 07:03 PM
I went with Bobby, but this was truly a team win.

Richard Fox, on the radio postgame, thinks there is no reason why the Zags shouldn't be very confident on Saturday.

Go Zags!

Sunday too !
:)

Club Prez
03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Sacre in the first half. Matty B when it mattered.

This was a tough call between Rob and Matt. Gray and Harris also hit some key baskets.

But the steal in the last minute sealed the GUnit. Would have been a clear cut call if he had hit all his free throws down the stretch.

Xin Loi 67
03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Meech played within himself and with the ball in Matt's hands, Meech was hiding and started scoring and rebounding. When he showed speed it was situational and it worked for him except when he tried to bang into the walls. If Few keeps that offensive mind set, Meech will flourish. Just a very good showing and I'm happy for him.

It was great to see Rob going full steam early on and I wish he would keep that intensity even after getting two. When he gets in a foul situation he seems to withdraw. When his reins are loose he is really something.

All in all a good showing.

Xin Loi 67
03-19-2010, 08:11 PM
and looking back on BZ's reasons why the Zags would loose this game, I find soe irony. The exact things Bob gave as reasons for loss were cured and he was right on about what was wrong. I really think he watches every once in a while between hot dogs.

Just kidding but perhaps your best "Doomed" observation I've read, extraordinary.

GU69
03-19-2010, 08:41 PM
As so many other people have said, this was a team win. All the starters played well.

Sacre in the first half setting up that huge lead.
Santangelo (I like that name for Matt) with the steadying influence.
Steven, the ice-man, on both ends of the court.
E with come critical baskets.

But I'm voting for Meech because he did more than I expected from him.

2wiceright
03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
This was really a great team win. But Sacre stood up as a leader with his intensity- really played good defense on Albi(sp?), 9 rebounds 13 points and really shot well from the line. He really stepped it up tonight, big!

Go Zags! We can beat Syracuse!!!

LongIslandZagFan
03-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Meech cuz the Lord knows half or more of you hate the kid. Meech played above and beyond. Meech, regardless of the outcome... you are my g-unit... blue collar, did your job.... deserve it 100%

TerpZag
03-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Matt Bouldin gets the nod for his clutch performance in the second half.

Sacre, Gray, Harris and Goodson all played well in the win over Florida State.

Really enjoyed watching the Gonzaga game this evening amidst all the Zag Alums and friends in Seattle. Great to see the Lady Zags there and the other members of the Zag community.

Will have to see if the Pontiff's interview with the local TV crew makes the news tonight at 11pm.:cool:

Go Zags!!!

Go Lady Zags!!! Beat the Tar Heels and make it a clean sweep of the ACC!

fedwayzag
03-19-2010, 10:04 PM
went with Matt. Played like the senior leader he is.

Reborn
03-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Steven Gray. He was stellar all game long, even though he wasn't hitting on his 3's. His shot at the top of the key with a couple seconds left on the 30 sec shot was the knock out punch. BOOM!!!

Ziggy
03-19-2010, 11:21 PM
I went with Bobby but could just have easily said the whole starting five.