PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga is a cult!

LynetteG
03-19-2010, 02:23 PM
from the transcripts of the FSU press conference

Q. You mentioned in your opening that not a lot of people know about your program. You're playing against a team that 25, 30 years ago no one knew about their program. But now they've kind of got a cult following with their fans and people across the nation. Do you feel that you're going up against -- I know it's an eight, nine seed, but do you feel you're going up against not only a team but a cult?

COACH HAMILTON: Well, I think in college basketball, the good and unique thing about basketball is that you have a right to earn your reputation. And you have to give credit where credit is due. These guys have earned the right to be considered one of the better basketball programs in the country. When you look at their non-conference schedule, they play a non-conference schedule that's as tough as probably 85, 90% of the teams in the country. You look back at Michigan State and Duke and Cincinnati and Illinois.

I'm sure there are several other great teams that they played -- Wake Forest, that I probably missed on. But they've earned the right to be 14th in the country. And I almost feel honored that if they're an eighth seed and we're a ninth seed, people are considering us being -- kind of close to where they are. I know that that's going to be a challenge. But that's what excites you.

Anytime you're a competitor, you like to be put in those situations where you are playing a team that's nationally ranked, that's gotten a lot of recognition. They have earned that status, and you have an opportunity to go play against them. I told our players I can't think of a better bracket to be in than to play against -- I guess you have to call them a perennial power now. And if we're successful against them, you get a chance to play against the local team that's the number one seed. I think the stars are lined up for us. All we have to do is go out and play and be successful. I like this opportunity and I give them a lot of credit. They've earned the right to have the following that they have. They are really committed. They definitely have earned it.

MickMick
03-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm starting to like this Hamilton guy.

BobZag
03-19-2010, 02:30 PM
I expect 25 Mercedes-Benz coupes given to me by next week.

LynetteG
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM

[zombie-like monotone voice] I am under your spell, BobZag....

gamagin
03-19-2010, 02:36 PM

women ? ? ?

OZZY
03-19-2010, 03:02 PM

Good brand choice BZ!

Go for the CLS 55 my personal favorite. The V8 sound is awesome when your foot is to the floor! :>