PDA

View Full Version : Some words of encouragement from cbssports.com

zagsfan21
03-19-2010, 07:39 AM
From Matt Jones:

8. Gonzaga Will be Just as Soft as You Remembered: There is no bigger fraud in the NCAA Tournament year after year than Gonzaga. They are the basketball equivalent of movies with Cameron Diaz. Just because you were once vastly overrated because of one tournament run (or decent movie, in Diaz's case "There's Something About Mary), doesnt mean we are going to take you seriously in the Tournament this year or find you hot (I dont get Diaz's appeal in that regard. Is there any more overrated actress that is considered beautiful in America...not including Sarah Jessica Parker of course, who owns this category in perpetuity). Gonzaga is the softest team in America and always loses before they are supposed to in the Tournament. They are playing another perpetual underachiever today, Florida State, in the most underwhelming game of the first round.

That's what I call a nice, positive start to the day.

http://tournament-blogger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/20091884/20527377

gueastcoast
03-19-2010, 07:44 AM
I will take us being compared to Cameron Diaz any day of the week ;)

MickMick
03-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Are you sure he didn't confuse us with Richmond?

Far and away, the softest team I watched yesterday.

MedZag
03-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Are you sure he didn't confuse us with Richmond?

Far and away, the softest team I watched yesterday.

Besides Georgetown :D

Jakester425
03-19-2010, 08:18 AM
"Gonzaga is the softest team in America"

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2009/1205/dm_091205cbb_wake_zaga.jpg

Matt Jones meet Elias Harris. I'm sure he wouldn't mind showing you how soft he is :D

bartruff1
03-19-2010, 08:24 AM
I do not know who Matt Jones is...but having read his blog(?) he looks like he should be at TMZ rather than a sports site....a waste of skin...

MedZag
03-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Y'all are too sensitive. The doubters just make the wins more sweet. :D

webspinnre
03-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Rob Sacre is soft? Steven Gray is soft? Umm.... sure, whatever you say.

GoZAGsMang
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGPYYnA6UD8

Tacklin Fuel.....I think the ZAGs have enough tacklin fuel, but can you really ever have too much? After a gigglin, floppin, mean mocking Omar we should have tacklin fuel to spare.

GoZAGsMang

sdzag
03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
From Matt Jones:

That's what I call a nice, positive start to the day.

http://tournament-blogger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/20091884/20527377

I dislike when writers want to talk more like a celebrity blogger then a basketball writer. Go post on the Perez Hilton message board. If we're sooo soft please give us analysis instead of Sex in the City references.

Note: Perez Hilton is a Celebrity Blogger.

007Zag
03-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Zags, just to shut guys like this up, please not only win against FSU today, but destroy them. Shut them down. Frustrate them, confuse them, so when they finally get their bearings back, they're already back in Florida,

We have had some sorry showings this year, but the Duke and WCC Championship game were not indicative of who this team really is. We are way tougher than that.

BlueVoodoo07
03-19-2010, 09:29 AM
I do not know who Matt Jones is...but having read his blog(?) he looks like he should be at TMZ rather than a sports site....a waste of skin...

Matt Jones is a pro football player that when he was with Jacksonville got caught in his car doing coke,he now plays for the Bengals. I am sure this is not the same Matt Jones even though they share the name, but by the way this guy thinks, I think they may have something else in common, and I am not talking about pepsi.:D

flutieflakes
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
I dislike when writers want to talk more like a celebrity blogger then a basketball writer. Go post on the Perez Hilton message board. If we're sooo soft please give us analysis instead of Sex in the City references.

Note: Perez Hilton is a Celebrity Blogger.

After reading about a quarter of the article, it sounds like this clown is just trying to bite Bill Simmons' style. Only Simmons' articles are actually readable, unlike those of this hack.

MickMick
03-19-2010, 09:46 AM
How do you define "soft" anyway?

Who wouldn't go into a dark ally with Sacre and Harris with them? If anything, those two have trouble toning it down.

Does McFarland at Wake think that Harris is soft? Wonder what Yancy Gates thinks about it as well.

TwoCatsOne
03-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I am glad Rob is soft - he might have killed this guy otherwise. :)

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/TwoCatsOne/Zags/2009-11-14RobSacreMissValleyStateat.jpg

Kiddwell
03-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Perhaps Matt Jones should...
(1) ...stick it in his ear <sideways>
(2) ...stick it in his whatzit* <sideways>

:]

*whatzit (n), one's "seater-end"

guardu
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Someone print that out and figure out a way to get it posted in the guys' locker room in Buffalo. I love bulletin board material!

Lurknomore
03-19-2010, 10:26 AM
They better show up and win and prove him wrong.

titopoet
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Now, I am worried. This guy knows his stuff. I mean he remembers last year when Siena made to the sweet sixteen.

Wait, Siena lost in the second round. Never mind, hack writer. Check out his predictions the day before. He says that he was right about most of them, yet most were so predicable, like this one:

"I predict that a no talent hack will dog the Zags for being overrated."

The one he went on a limb was that UW had no chance against the Marquette. To quote him about this because it fits his whole thought process: "WRONG"

GeorgiaZagFan
03-19-2010, 11:23 AM

...I went to this Matt Jones Blog. His next comment after "Gonzaga is soft" made me feel much better. It is about Derick Favors of Ga Tech where he states "You Will Discover Derrick Favors". I went to a Ga Tech game this year and an hour into the game I had to ask someone to point out Favors (I'd heard so much about him). The point is "If I had to ask... he's not that special". He stood out like a plain girl in a room full of Cameron Diaz look a likes!!

zagzilla
03-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Of course he is simply wrong. Why bother doing research when its easier to make stuff up.

Here are the facts:

GU tourney record is 14-12 (54%)
Record as a favorite 6-4
Record as underdog 8-8

Our record is comparable to:
Stanford 54%
Oregon 54%
Wisconsin 55%

Better than
Texas 45%
UW 44%
Mizzou 45%
Marquette 47%

BTW I think Cameron Diaz is hot :D

bartruff1
03-19-2010, 01:12 PM
How do you define "soft" anyway?

Who wouldn't go into a dark ally with Sacre and Harris with them? If anything, those two have trouble toning it down.

Does McFarland at Wake think that Harris is soft? Wonder what Yancy Gates thinks about it as well. Cameron Diaz would define " soft "... it works for me...:)

sittingon50
03-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I do believe he is a savant (of some sort).

MickMick
03-19-2010, 11:03 PM
This "soft" issue needs another bump.....really.

Dimwits like this are paid to plant such seeds and every internet pundit in the land believes it like the gospel.

Sacre and Harris are the very definition of tough.