PDA

View Full Version : Raising Your Kids Right

EngineerZag
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
This, from my wife's latest blog post about our three little ones, aged 3, 2, and 1, and their obvious Zag indoctrination thus far:

Both the older girls can spell Gonzaga (this is where I admit sheepishly that Gonzaga was actually the first word either of them spelled, before even their own names), and if you ask either of them what they want to be when they grow up, I'm pretty sure they'd tell you they want to be Spike, the team mascot.
Ashley must have been barely two the first time she hollered at the tv, "Come on, get the rebound!", and even younger the first time she protested, "That was a foul!" And Hannah inspired herself on the toilet during potty training by cheering, "Here we go, Bulldogs, here we go!"

And on a squabble between two of the little ones:

I sent my mother into hysterical laughter while we were on the phone one day when one of the girls started crying and she heard me dealing with the situation.
Bethany: "Waaaahhhhhh!!!!"
Me: "Ashley, why did you push her over?!"
Ashley: "I was just trying to walk by and she stood in front of me!"
Me: "No, I saw what you did -- that was not a block, it was an offensive foul!"

We must be doing something right. :)

MedZag
03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
5 stars.

ZagMan in Philly
03-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Beautiful Kids you got there. My boys 5 and 3 are growing up the same way. They love Gonzaga Basketball.

Stache
03-18-2010, 05:39 AM
My 3 year old daughter runs between he teenage brothers in Zag cheerleading outfit saying "Be aggwwessive. B.E. Aggwwessive!".

zagfaninmt
03-18-2010, 05:47 AM
It's great to start the day with a good laugh. Ill never hear "Here we go Bulldogs, here we go!" quite the same again.

cjm720
03-18-2010, 06:08 AM
That's great!