PDA

View Full Version : Greivis Vasquez

RockandRollJames
03-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Greivis just can't get off of the GU Boards!

I just talked to Greivis for about 10 minutes. Here were some interesting things he had to say:

He loves the way that Matt Bouldin plays.

He thinks Gonzaga would be an awesome school to play at. He acknowledged how good of fans we have. He did comment how his one thing he really didn't like was our conference. He basically said it was awful and we are in a class way above the rest. He thought we would have won the Pac-10 this year and it would help our program out a lot if we moved.

He talked about how he knows Tommy Lloyd and how he "almost went here."

He was a super nice guy. I just went up to tell him that I was a Maryland fan and to wish him luck, but he started and continued the conversation. It was funny how humble he was because he brought up how he played with Kevin Durant in high school and seemed really proud of that. He said he just really wants to make the Sweet 16.

One thing is clear though, Gonzaga is a very attractive program to recruits other than the conference aspect. The WCC does not have much respect in the eyes of athletes and that being in the Pac-10 would be HUGE for the program.

willandi
03-17-2010, 07:32 PM
How long until the threat of Gonzaga leaving will make the rest of the WCC upgrade facilities, which will go a long way to upgrading recruits conference wide?

Pleasant Peninsula
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
How long until the threat of Gonzaga leaving will make the rest of the WCC upgrade facilities, which will go a long way to upgrading recruits conference wide?

What threat of Gonzaga leaving? There is no place for them to go. Maybe some of the huge conference realignments could open something up, but I highly doubt it.

RenoZag
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
"the threat of GU leaving. . ." is as delusional as Ron Washington's claim he only used coke once.

MickMick
03-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Zags will never leave and they shouldn't. It is in Gonzaga's best interest to stay.

Having said that, I wish the Zags would move to a different conference for personal, selfish reasons.

willandi
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I wasn't suggesting the Zags leave. The WCC fits, except for the other teams high school gyms. They need to upgrade. I was merely asking if the THREAT of the Zags leaving may be enough.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
I was merely asking if the THREAT of the Zags leaving may be enough.

But how can their be such a threat, when there is no other conference for them to go to anyway? If there was such a conference, they'd already be moving up, there'd be no need to make idle threats.

willandi
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
It amazes me, how many of the people here have a severe cranial/rectal inversion. If you aren't interested in different thought patterns, and the questions that arise from them, sit at home, on your throne, with the magazine of your choice and have at it.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh, that's cute.

willandi
03-17-2010, 08:39 PM
If you are going to leave neg rep, be man (or woman) enough to sign it.