• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Zag's baseball

I can't believe it, but I am going to my first GU baseball game. I love baseball, it's funny, it just never occurred to me to go to one of their baseball games. When I think of the Zag's it is always basketball because that is where they have been so thrilling. I wonder what it would be like if they had a mid-major D-1 football team that kicked A@@. Anyway, just trying to kill time before basketball starts.
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.
  • brasszag
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

I don't think it would be entirely strange (in a couple decades or so) once the student population and university Finances has stabilized that we add a D-II team.

Though that would most likely kill our undefeated streak pretty quick.
    There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
      • Feb 2007

The chances of Gonzaga resuming football after a layoff lasting more than 60 are slim and none. And slim just left the room. This idea has been raised on the various message boards for as long as I've been reading them. There are many, many reasons why football will not be resumed, but talking about them is simply a beating a dead horse. I asked a trustee about it not too long ago. After he stopped laughing, he told me that to his knowledge, resumption of football has never been on board of trustee's agenda.

Now that the baseball stadium is completed, it is my understanding that the next major athletics-related goal of the university is the construction of an on-campus soccer facility. There is a committee of the board of regents working on concepts/funding right now.
      You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

of course it could happen, angelo . . . .

the first GU fb fan to put up $500M and place another $500M into a bank account earmarked for only that program, plus a third $500M or $1 Byn for its first 10-15 year run at sustaining itself, could make it it happen, imo.

It could be that simple.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
          the first GU fb fan to put up $500M and place another $500M into a bank account earmarked for only that program, plus a third $500M or $1 Byn for its first 10-15 year run at sustaining itself, could make it it happen, imo.

It could be that simple.

Not sure that getting 1 Billion is all that simple. Just MHO on the matter.
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• jbslicer
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

There is a Bulldog Club social at Friday night's game. Free food and drink.

Comment

• Bulldog
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Feb 2007

Philanthropy would do it.

How about if we give Paul Allen an honorary PHD from Gonzaga University.
              We could give Bill Gates one too and if there isn't some philanthropy between those two, then maybe we could settle for a couple guys locally that only have millions. I'm sure we could find a spot for a good Bulldog football stadium (of course we would have to have a sponsor) I think "Microsoft Stadium" sounds good. It would have to be on the Spokane river of course and be able to seat about 25,000. What league though? Maybe for football, it could be the Pac-11. Boy, am I anxious for basketball season or what??? I think I shall seek professional help.
              "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

Working...
              X