PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy wins R.O.Y.

MajorMidMajor
05-02-2007, 04:47 PM
....our boy Adam finished 4th. :(

http://www.nba.com/news/awards2007_rookie.html

2006-07 T-MOBILE NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD VOTING RESULTS

Rookie Team 1st2nd3rd Total
Brandon Roy, Portland 127 1 - 638
Andrea Bargnani, Toronto 1 77 28 264
Rudy Gay, Memphis - 21 30 93
Adam Morrison, Charlotte - 11 11 44
Randy Foye, Minnesota - 7 16 37
LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland - 5 3 18
Jorge Garbajosa, Toronto - 2 11 17
Paul Millsap, Utah - 1 16 19
Tyrus Thomas, Chicago - 2 4 10
Walter Hermann, Charlotte - 1 2 5
Craig Smith, Minnesota - - 4 4
Rajon Rondo, Boston - - 3 3

BobZag
05-02-2007, 05:12 PM
That's who deserved it. McMillan is a good coach, too.

Kudos.

sittingon50
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Congrats to Brandon. He earned it.

youreachiteach
05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
if Bargnani doesnt get injured the last month of the season, he wins it. He helped that team win its division. However BRoy had a great season as well and deserves it.

23dpg
05-02-2007, 08:03 PM
if Bargnani doesnt get injured the last month of the season, he wins it. He helped that team win its division. However BRoy had a great season as well and deserves it.

No way. Bargnani played well but Brandon was clearly the best Rookie all throughout the year.

Bocco
05-02-2007, 08:09 PM
No way. Bargnani played well but Brandon was clearly the best Rookie all throughout the year.

I agree with 23pdg no way Bargnani gets R.O.Y. even is he doesn't get injured. Its not even close, Brandon Roy is rookie of the year.

Angelo Roncalli
05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Brandon Roy missed more than 20 games because of injury. And...he deserved the award.

soonerterp
05-03-2007, 02:01 AM
The way I see it, Brandon Roy is viewed by the Blazers -- who are REALLY trying hard to shed that "Jail Blazers" image and have jettisoned much of the executive branch from that era -- is viewed as the guy who's eventually going to be the great saviour of the franchise. I mean, he might not lead them back to the playoffs immediately, but in a way he symbolizes a turning point for the Blazers, and not just in what he brings on the court but off of it as well.

As for Morrison, I wonder if it would have been any different for him had he been drafted by a team other than the struggling Charlotte Bobcats, which seem to have some issues. For one, the city of Charlotte still seems down on the NBA since the way George Shinn left town several years ago (and was it really wise to put another team in that market?); people seem to stay away from Bobcats games in droves; I don't realistically see Michael Jordan turning it around given his history as a team executive with the DC Wizards; and then there's coaching ... I'm interested to see who they hire to replace Bickerstaff. Among those who have interviewed: Stan Van Gundy, Paul Silas.

CLT seems mixed up and crazy, maybe that's not a good sitch for a rook to be in, especially one with HUGE expectations and quasi rock star status as Morrison had (I don't remember Okafor, Felton or May having the same kind of "cult of personality" if you will, that Morrison had leading up to the draft). No knock on Morrison here, just an observation.

tyra
05-03-2007, 04:33 AM
Brandon is an excellent overall player who seems to bring whatever is needed, be it scoring, offense, rebounding even or assists. He is a very unselfish and team-oriented player. And seemingly, a fine young man on top of it. Congrats to Brandon. He earned it.