PDA

View Full Version : The Jewish Journal Picks GU over FSU

Angelo Roncalli
03-17-2010, 01:17 PM
We've got the Jewish Journal going for us. I'd like to add a favorable prediction from the Dhali Lama.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/the_great_rabbino/item/ncaa_bracket_with_a_jewish_twist_picks_20100317/

primal23
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
We've got the Jewish Journal going for us. I'd like to add a favorable prediction from the Dhali Lama.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/the_great_rabbino/item/ncaa_bracket_with_a_jewish_twist_picks_20100317/

Well there goes any chance of getting Palestine Press to pick us, so much for peace in the ME. Sorry couldn't resist. And I would take a Dhali Lama pick! lol

Pure
03-17-2010, 01:21 PM
The Great Rabbino has Spoken.

Let it be Written , and Let it be DONE>>>

Angelo Roncalli
03-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm trying to think of what we can do to curry more favor with the Great Rabbino and the JJ to get us past Syracuse...

Former Zag Dustin Villepigue is Jewish...

Former Zag Jeremy Pargo is playing in Israel...

Professor Isacoff is a big fan of the BB team and is Jewish...

Some of our players are circumcised...

75Zag
03-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Considering the demographics of the Ft. Lauderdale / Miami areas, this prediction could cause a riot in a lot of retirement homes when the word gets out!

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

LynetteG
03-17-2010, 01:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1003/cbb.celebrity.picks.ncaa/content.8.html

hondo
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
"Some of our players are circumcised..."

How do you know these things Angelo?

75Zag
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
"Some of our players are circumcised..."

How do you know these things Angelo?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

sullyzag66
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Considering the demographics of the Ft. Lauderdale / Miami areas, this prediction could cause a riot in a lot of retirement homes when the word gets out!

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!
Oh, the humanity. . .

Birddog
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Have we ever had a Muslim on our team?
Yep, Abdulahi Kuso.

mgadfly
03-17-2010, 03:12 PM

I was going to ask which ones and how do you know, but on second thought, I don't want to know.

hondo
03-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Have we ever had a Mormon on the team?"

Many, and one of our best bigs ever will bring his Utah State team to Spokane
this weekend for the subregional. Not all the Mormon kids that played here were strict church rule followers but they were all good guys.

tightface
03-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Gonzaga: "Always the Kosher Choice"

229SintoZag
03-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Not all the Mormon kids that played here were strict church rule followers but they were all good guys.

I would hazard a guess that the same goes for many of our Catholic players over the years.

75Zag
03-17-2010, 04:19 PM
I would hazard a guess that the same goes for many of our Catholic players over the years.

Yes, I heard a rumor of there being one Catholic GU student - not sure if he was a player or not - who had sex outside the bonds of holy matrimony and not for reproductive purposes. I haven't been able to prove or disprove the rumor yet however.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

zagzealot
03-17-2010, 04:22 PM

:link:

:p

RenoZag
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I rate this thread five "Oy vey !" s

Bocco
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Just curious do you also know if they were circumcised during a brit milah performed by a mohel on the eighth day of their life and following the brit milah was there a celebatory seudat mitzvah?:p ;)

snebzag
03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
I have a cousin who has a friend near the border who has a friend in Canada who says the Canadians are behind us as well. Not sure if Canadian is a religion, but I'll take it. I also hear there are people in Germany who like us. Not sure what Germany is or what their beliefs are. There is one guy in Austrailia rooting for us named Axel. Kind of a funny name. The rest of the Austrailians are rooting for St. Mary's. I have an Iranian friend who is on board, two vietnamese friends, three russian orthodox co-workers who are on board. Oh, and one atheiest, he won't help much.

U Zig, I Zag
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh, and one atheiest, he won't help much.

He ain't gonna hurt us at all either...

hondo
03-17-2010, 09:15 PM
"There is one guy in Austrailia rooting for us named Axel." Two more named Paul and John will be on our side as well.

siliconzag
03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Guys,

I am struggling with a moral dilemma. I am an alumnus of the University of Washington. I was a good Catholic boy before attending Gonzaga, where I learned to drink, smoke, etc. Tomorrow one of my best buddies and I are going to San Jose where the Zags should be playing. Instead we will be watching Marquette (a school I did not attend, but my buddy did). Should I be polite and root for Marquette, a Jesuit college, where Jesuit logic is understood and good Catholics learn to drink, smoke, etc. as well? Or should I be true to the Huskies, who I must admit, I am not partial to, and by the time I arrived there I already knew how to drink, smoke, etc? PS. He is paying for the tickets.

I am inclined to support the Golden Eagles over the Chickens, and besides, if you were going to watch an Eagle fight a chicken, who would you bet on? But this is not about who will win, this is about what I should morally do. I am a little worried when I hear Bow Down To Washington, I will.

Anyway, I am pretty excited about this game. I hope that some of you can assist me with my dilemma. What should a former altar boy do?

Thanks in advance,
Sili

Birddog
03-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Sili, I think you left something out. Didn't you matriculate from not one but two Jesuit institutions? Well, there's yer answer. "Suscipiat Dominus sacrificium de manibus tuis, ad laudem et gloriam nominis sui, ad utilitatem quoque nostram, totiusque ecclesiae suae sanctae."

Bocco
03-18-2010, 06:15 AM
as a former altar boy I'm rooting for Marquette even though mom, dad, siblings, and my grandfather all attended Washington

hondo
03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Most of the alter boys I knew were believers in drinking as much of the wine as we could get away with. Here lies the solution to your dilemma---drink as much as you can and the problem will go away. Finding you seat will be as big of a problem as you will want to consider.

gamagin
03-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Just curious do you also know if they were circumcised during a brit milah performed by a mohel on the eighth day of their life and following the brit milah was there a celebatory seudat mitzvah?:p ;)

I would like to know the answer here, too.

gamagin
03-18-2010, 10:30 AM
teacher this altar boy listened to at Gonzaga Prep, anyone who even attends UW will go to hell. So rooting for them seems moot at this point. Sorry.

Angelo Roncalli
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM
So, did you hear about the Mohel who didn't charge to perform a Bris Milah...he just took tips?

hondo
03-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Are you referring to the Gothic Cesspool of Secular Humanism?

Bocco
03-18-2010, 08:30 PM
So, did you hear about the Mohel who didn't charge to perform a Bris Milah...he just took tips?

:lmao: :lmao:

skan72
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm trying to think of what we can do to curry more favor with the Great Rabbino and the JJ to get us past Syracuse...

Former Zag Dustin Villepigue is Jewish...

Former Zag Jeremy Pargo is playing in Israel...

Professor Isacoff is a big fan of the BB team and is Jewish...

I am Jewish!