PDA

View Full Version : Another Gonzaga roundtable on KGA

FuManShoes
03-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Forty minutes of Zag talk with Big Sexy, Jim Meehan, and Max from Slipperstillfits.com. Good stuff!
http://www.mediafire.com/?2o2mnjmqwjo

caduceus
03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
That was excellent.

=caduceus=

Virginia Zags Fan
03-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Being from Virginia, it was really nice to be able to listen to a little bit of the local talk.

ZagNative
03-17-2010, 07:56 AM
I enjoyed that! Thanks for posting.

Pargo the Destroyer
03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Was Toby a part of it? If he was then I am glad I missed it.

ZagNative
03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Was Toby a part of it? If he was then I am glad I missed it.I can live without Toby, but Richard Fox, Jim Meehan, and Max from the SSF were fun to listen to.

FuManShoes
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Is Toby the host? He sounds like a monster truck announcer. He is quite annoying but I assure you Fox's insight as a former Zag, along with Meehan's access to the coaches and Max's knowledge of the game and fans' perspective is a joy to listen to. I admit to coming away from the roundtable even more worried than before about FSU. But listen, and maybe you'll feel differently.

lothar98zag
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Is Toby the host? He sounds like a monster truck announcer. He is quite annoying but I assure you Fox's insight as a former Zag, along with Meehan's access to the coaches and Max's knowledge of the game and fans' perspective is a joy to listen to. I admit to coming away from the roundtable even more worried than before about FSU. But listen, and maybe you'll feel differently.
It's a good listen. They should do this every 2 weeks or so all next season.

Fu - I'm not more worried. I think in general they just reinforced my opinions.

gamagin
03-17-2010, 11:46 AM

however, I'm not sure how you could come away "even more worried." I thought meehan, Fox and the rest did a fine job of outlining what they thought we had to do to win. all the while saying we can do it and have done it before. play our game. tough defense. make them shoot uncomfortable shots and from uncomfortable distances, making sure we don;t lose confidence or show too much frustration & thus concentration (ala Duke). All agreed we could and in some cases, should, beat FSU, with right energy and attitude.

gamagin
03-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Was Toby a part of it? If he was then I am glad I missed it.

Yes, Toby is the main announcer. However, he does an excellent job of interviewing his guests, asking informed, intelligent questions and generally keeping the whole thing going.

His daily schtick seems too heavy with patter and b.s. among friends, way to much boring chatter, inane jokes and inside references about "something" between them, and feather light on content.

This show vs. the daily one are exact opposites, fwiw.

FuManShoes
03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
however, I'm not sure how you could come away "even more worried." I thought meehan, Fox and the rest did a fine job of outlining what they thought we had to do to win. all the while saying we can do it and have done it before. play our game. tough defense. make them shoot uncomfortable shots and from uncomfortable distances, making sure we don;t lose confidence or show too much frustration & thus concentration (ala Duke). All agreed we could and in some cases, should, beat FSU, with right energy and attitude.

My angst grew as Meehan spoke of the injuries Matt's fighting and Fox and friends talked about how the Zags will need to swing the ball and score off the pass rather than the bounce against these types of defenders. This worries me because ball movement has been lacking lately and the Zags were able to win some games without it. It worries me because Gray has been so aggressive driving and that may not get it done against these guys. And it worried me when Max started talking about Elias' struggles -- how teams have started pushing him off the blocks and refs have started calling that bunny hop a travel. Those are all things that could happen agianst FSU. The "secret" is out about Harris and Meech, meaning Ds will sag all the more and double Harris and his moves may not work. I'm a worry wart anyway but when uys who know hoops articulate the issues this team has, I worry even more :)

Pargo the Destroyer
03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Yes, Toby is the main announcer. However, he does an excellent job of interviewing his guests, asking informed, intelligent questions and generally keeping the whole thing going.

His daily schtick seems too heavy with patter and b.s. among friends, way to much boring chatter, inane jokes and inside references about "something" between them, and feather light on content.

This show vs. the daily one are exact opposites, fwiw.

I am sure the roundtable is much better, my thing with Toby is that I cannot stand his voice, he is horrible at pronunciations, his voice, his rambling blah blah, oh and his voice. He has done some commercial radio work and they are just this side of unbearable. I really dont enjoy his interviewing skills as well. But, I listen on my lunch break when I am driving to get lunch or whatever, guess that makes me the dumb one.

gamagin
03-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I am sure the roundtable is much better, my thing with Toby is that I cannot stand his voice, he is horrible at pronunciations, his voice, his rambling blah blah, oh and his voice. He has done some commercial radio work and they are just this side of unbearable. I really dont enjoy his interviewing skills as well. But, I listen on my lunch break when I am driving to get lunch or whatever, guess that makes me the dumb one.

the disadvantage most of us have is we don't have the microscopics on FSU.

I think we've played others wherever and won our share. this is another example. Our A game can win. I assume it will take their A game to beat us.

One of these two teams has to blink, hesitate, make mental and physical errors more than the other in order to lose, it looks like from the info most of us have.

I'm choosing to believe they will give us a few more opportunities for us to win and we will take them.

I'm hoping we'll rattle them early on and keep on rattling.