PDA

View Full Version : 16 of the last 17 Years

BobZag
03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Every game I receive a pdf file with all kinds of Zag info from the SID's office, and I always look see the following on the left hand side:

1994 - NIT
1995 - NCAA
1996 - NIT
1997 - Did Not Make Postseason
1998 - NIT
1999 - NCAA
2000 - NCAA
2001 - NCAA
2002 - NCAA
2003 - NCAA
2004 - NCAA
2005 - NCAA
2006 - NCAA
2007 - NCAA
2008 - NCAA
2009 - NCAA
2010 - NCAA

It never ceases to amaze me how consistent Gonzaga has become, and the list just keeps getting longer and longer. It's times when I hear schools like Northwestern or William & Mary have never been to the NCAAs, or a team that hasn't been to the postseason since nineteen-eighty-something when I feel most appreciative.

And this must look mighty fine to recruits when Few & Co. roll out the diagram sheet during the recruiting process.

bartruff1
03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
What never ceases to amaze me is that there are people in here that actually think they know more than Few about how to win games with the players he has available...what utter and complete nonsense...

ellenvega
03-16-2010, 06:09 PM
We are very fortunate, definetly.

It amazes me that Northwestern has never made it. You would think that just once, the pieces would come into place for them to eke out an at-large bid.

229SintoZag
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Where is Arizona this year? First time since 1984 they have not danced.

Where is UCLA?

Where is North Carolina?

Where is Indiana?

Where is UConn?

Gonzaga's streak in this regard is truly remarkable and something to be proud of.

Only Duke, Michigan State, and Kansas have longer active streaks at the moment. We are tied with Texas at 12 straight.

It never gets old.

BobZag
03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I believe William & Mary is the second oldest school in the country, only Harvard being older. I could be wrong but not by much. Anyway, they have never made it, not even by a fluke or by chance. One would think somewhere along the line they would've somehow made it. Just once!

Zag365
03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
For everyone who thinks the basketball program (coaches, players, whatever) hasn't done "enough," I'd like to see your resume. Show me where, in your business or profession, you have competed against the best on a national level with such integrity, skill, and consistency accomplishing so much while under the scrutiny of millions for a sustained number of years.

ZagLawGrad
03-16-2010, 06:49 PM
What never ceases to amaze me is that there are people in here that actually think they know more than Few about how to win games with the players he has available...what utter and complete nonsense...

Amen

ZagLawGrad
03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
For everyone who thinks the basketball program (coaches, players, whatever) hasn't done "enough," I'd like to see your resume. Show me where, in your business or profession, you have competed against the best on a national level with such integrity, skill, and consistency accomplishing so much while under the scrutiny of millions for a sustained number of years.

My resume' just went up in flames :o