PDA

View Full Version : time on Sunday/ advice for Spokane regional

OregonZag5
03-16-2010, 08:30 AM
First, does anyone know of the possible times we will play on Sunday after we beat FSU- trying to figure out when to schedule something

Second- there was some discussion in a different thread about the two sessions for the first day in Spokane- from last year's experience in Portland- after the first session they will empty the arena- if you care about the start of the first game of the second session I would advise leaving somewhat before the end of the game. Last year we watched the end of the game and then left- people were lined up for the second session( GU was in the second session) and we had to go to the end of the line( forget about getting something to eat or drink) and then go back in- we entered the arena just to see the tip off-

That is the second time I had been to the first round( other time was in Seattle)- I took my 'boys' and they loved the entire first day of basketball- so just enjoy all of the game and so relaxing to watch when GU is not playing.

cjm720
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=OregonZag5;551490]First, does anyone know of the possible times we will play on Sunday after we beat FSU- trying to figure out when to schedule something QUOTE]

bump

Angelo Roncalli
03-16-2010, 09:38 AM
If the NCAA and CBS hold true to form, the times of Sunday games won't be announced until Friday's games are concluded.

lothar98zag
03-16-2010, 09:47 AM
CBS is broadcasting from 9am-4pm Pacific time on Sunday.
That is 7 hours for 3 slots of games. 9-11, 1130-130, & 2-4.

IIRC, the Sunday morning game is usually a single game. The middle slot is then 4 staggered games and it finishes with the last 3 games.

Spokane will definitely not start at 9am - that'll very likely be Buffalo or Jacksonville, so expect game 1 in Spokane to tip between 11am & 1130am.

So if GU is playing on Sunday, right now, I'd give it a 3 in 4 chance the game would overlap with a Spokane game.