• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagzealot
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Open Practices in Spokane Arena

Has anyone found a schedule of open practices in the Spokane Arena? I see on Purdue's webpage they're practicing from 1:30-2:10. I have to believe there's a full schedule out there somewhere but I'm not seeing it.

Please post one here if you know times and teams.

Thanks!
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞
  • zagzealot
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Guess I had to answer my own question

Open Practice Shedule - Thursday, March 18
    All eight teams will practice at the Spokane Arena on Thursday, March 18, beginning at noon and running until 7:30pm. These practice sessions are FREE and open to the public as is parking at the Spokane Arena parking lots on Thursday, March 18.

Siena: 12 noon -12:40
    Utah State:12:45-1:25
    Purdue: 1:30 - 2:10
    Texas A&M: 2:15 - 2:55
    Michigan State:. 4:25 - 5:05
    Maryland: 5:10 - 5:50
    Houston: 6:40 - 7:20
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by zagzealot View Post

Open Practice Shedule - Thursday, March 18
      All eight teams will practice at the Spokane Arena on Thursday, March 18, beginning at noon and running until 7:30pm. These practice sessions are FREE and open to the public as is parking at the Spokane Arena parking lots on Thursday, March 18.

Siena: 12 noon -12:40
      Utah State:12:45-1:25
      Purdue: 1:30 - 2:10
      Texas A&M: 2:15 - 2:55
      Michigan State:. 4:25 - 5:05
      Maryland: 5:10 - 5:50
      Houston: 6:40 - 7:20
      Purdue
      A&M
      Sparty
      Terps

That's some impressive talent there, all in a row.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• NontradZag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Apr 2008

Bump
        If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Comment

• rawkmandale
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Missing New Mexico State. Perhaps they are in the 5:55 - 6:35 slot?

Comment

• zagzealot
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by rawkmandale View Post
            Missing New Mexico State. Perhaps they are in the 5:55 - 6:35 slot?
            I noticed that too (got the times and teams from the Spokane Arena website.) Then last night on KREM news I think I saw NMS on there but didn't see it fast enough. If anyone has updates please post.
            f∞

Comment

• gu03alum
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I went and took a couple of photos.

Here is Utah St:

Here is Purdue:

I was impressed with how big and skilled Purdue was. Utah State was definitely good, but they looked like normal (average build) guys. I hope that I didn't make too much of that injury in my bracket as I have Purdue losing in the first round. There were quite a few Purdue fans at the practice. They stood up and did their fight song when the team came out. It was pretty entertaining. I'm not sure there were any Utah State fans there, which surprised me since they probably have the least distance to travel out of all the teams in Spokane.
              Bring back the OCC

Comment

• lothar98zag
                PostPadder General
                • Feb 2007

Hope the GU connection is being played up locally so that USU has the crowd behind them tomorrow.

side note - I really don't know why these open practices aren't advertised more. (Especially for the times that are after schools get out.) Couldn't they send a note out when the tickets are mailed with the overall time? Get the specific info to the media Sunday night when everyone's paying attention?
                youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• NontradZag
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Apr 2008

I stopped by practice as well! Totally, totally cool. There were so few people in the arena that I was able to sit anywhere. I took in Sienna, Purdue, Utah State and Texas A & M.

Siena, Purdue and Utah State actually practiced much like they would in a closed practice. Texas A & M just shot around.

Purdue was seriously impressive in size and intensity. Their practice was full speed and crisp. Sienna looked fairly impressive as well. Utah State did not look athletic, but they spent all practice shooting 'lights out'. I was not super-impressed with Texas A & M, but they looked like they were having fun. Here are a few photos from my afternoon.

Texas A & M Team Photo:

Empty court:

Utah State:

If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Comment

• alldaye
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Nov 2009

I went. Not many people there. Me and 2 friends were in front row, we were there for MSU and Maryland. AMAZING! Got to talk to Gary Williams for a bit, I was the only one to get a high 5 from Tom Izzo. Got high 5's from Kalin Lucas, Durrell Summers, Delvon Roe, and the whole MSU team. I love Summers, and I said his name when he walked by and he said something like,"Hey my man! Hows it goin?" ANd the best was the picture me and my friend got with Grievious Vasquez. Pretty eventful 2 hrs.

Comment

Working...
                    X