PDA

View Full Version : If we beat FSU and Syracuse, we're ff bound; Book it!

thespywhozaggedme
03-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Huge "if" obviously, and I know the "let's not get ahead of ourselves" posters might come out of the woodwork, but looking at that bracket, those two teams will be our biggest hurdle until Indianapolis. I'm really getting excited. Go Zags!

skan72
03-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Nothing we say here is going to jinx anything, so I like the speculation. It's a message board for a reason. I think that would be awesome. I was just saying to my bro, I hope this is the year Gonzaga makes another "Cinderella-esque" deep run at the tourney. If it's not this year, it will be soon, the talent is becoming overwhelming.

caduceus
03-15-2010, 10:56 PM
The nice thing about the Tournament is that if you don't like your seeding, beat your higher-seeded opponent and you become that seed, essentially.

Beat a one seed, and you assume the bracket position of the one.

Here's hoping.

cscz28
03-15-2010, 11:13 PM
K-State would worry me a lot if the Zags were fortunate enough to get past Syracuse

thespywhozaggedme
03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
K-State would worry me a lot if the Zags were fortunate enough to get past Syracuse

Ironically, I think K-State is the most overrated team in the entire tournament. I guess that's what makes MM so exciting. ;)

23dpg
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
If we win the first two games, we are in the sweet 16 - Guaranteed!
If we win the next two, final four - double Guaranteed!
If we win the next two, national champs - I give you my word.

EngineerZag
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
We wouldn't get K-State until the E8 though, that's the cool part. By then, they might be out (but so might we!).

vandalzag
03-16-2010, 06:09 PM
If we win the first two games, we are in the sweet 16 - Guaranteed!
If we win the next two, final four - double Guaranteed!
If we win the next two, national champs - I give you my word.

What type of black magic are you practicing?

http://48facets.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/carnac.jpg

kitzbuel
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I think if we beat K-State we are FF bound!

mdZag23
03-16-2010, 06:27 PM
any of these teams without beating Florida State. Please stop this insane talk.

This is why you people post on message boards and don't coach, referee, or work for ESPN!

Nevtelen
03-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I actually totally agree with you, spy. I think we have about a 50/50 shot of knocking off FSU and about a 5% chance of beating Syracuse (if that). But if we do manage to knock of the Cuse in Buffalo, nothing's gonna stop this team from making the FF. I'll agree there.

thespywhozaggedme
03-16-2010, 07:45 PM

This is why you people post on message boards and don't coach, referee, or work for ESPN!

Thank you for fulfilling my prophecy in my first post in this thread. ;) repeat after me: Nothing we say, think or want has any bearing whatsoever on the court. Chill my brother, relax and enjoy the ride, you have nothing to do with it whatsoever, and neither do I.

skan72
03-16-2010, 08:37 PM

I coach, but when I talk to my players I don't express to them about thinking games ahead. We take one possession at a time. However, on a message board we can speculate, so who gives a f*ck.

pbriz
03-17-2010, 07:19 AM
There was one magical run by an 8 seed. NC state in '83.

Now that would be sweet-especially to win it like they did.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-17-2010, 07:50 AM
There was one magical run by an 8 seed. NC state in '83.

Now that would be sweet-especially to win it like they did.

NC State was a 6 seed in 1983.

Villanova was an 8 in 1985. Of course, they were assisted by the cocaine surging through their point guard, Gary McLain.

thespywhozaggedme
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
NC State was a 6 seed in 1983.

Villanova was an 8 in 1985. Of course, they were assisted by the cocaine surging through their point guard, Gary McLain.

I just literally lol'd. Thanks :lmao:

sonuvazag
03-17-2010, 02:25 PM
conversely, i've looked at the brackets and our chances after getting to the final four, go down quite a bit.

and that, thomas sutpen, was very funny.