PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on our seed and Florida St.

Reborn
03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Gonzaga got the seed that the committee and some others thought we deserved. The committee has not treated Gonzaga too fairly lately. But there are many, many teams that feel that way. There are two positive things about this particular region. First, If we beat Florida St and play Syracuse in the second game, their center (who would certainly be a huge problem for the Zags) may not play. The second is that we are in the West Region; so if we are lucky and do advance to the Sweet 16 then we have an advantage I think playing in Utah. Anyway for now, I've already dropped all that and just focus on enjoying the game Friday. I'm not afraid of Florida St. at all, and in fact they are one of the teams that Lunardi had us matched up with a couple of times; so I've been watching them. I saw them play against Wake Forest and the escaped with a 3 or 4 pt win. Aminu played horrible. He never scored a single point. Florida St. was at home, and never did play Wake at their place.

Some interesting facts about Florida St and the kind of conference they play in. They didn't have to play all the teams twice like we do. So I think their 6 conference losses and 9 overall is misleading. They only played Duke once. And they did not play @ Virginia Tech or @ Wake Forest. I would say that they would have losst all three of those game. They really only had one good road win at that was against Georgia Tech. All the good teams in the ACC beat them at home: Maryland, Clemson, and NC State. They never played NC State at home so that could have been another loss. And then of course NC State beat them in the first round in the ACC tournament. I really don't think Florida St is any better then Wake Forest. They will be a very similar team, and Gonzaga did fine against them until Elias got ejected.

I think the Zags have had good success on the road this year. I think better than most. I think Florida St. has not played good on the road at all, and this advantage goes to the Zags. They only have one good out of conference win and that is Marquette @ Florida St and they won in overtime. They lost at Florida by 16.

Personally, I agree with many of the analysts who say the ACC is down this year. I do NOT think they deserve the # of seeds that they got. What has been said about Virginia Tech could have been said about Florida St. And IMO Virginia Tech deserves to be in the tournament more than Florida St. Florida St tied with Virginia Tech for 3rd and DID not play them at Virginia Tech.

Gonzaga has always had good success against ACC teams and I believe this will continue this year. Florida St is also a young team much like Gonzaga. They are mostly a Sophomore team. They do not have an All American like Matt Bouldin, nor a good scorer from their guards like Steven Gray. yes. It will be a tough game but Gonzaga will prevail because they are better.

Ziggy
03-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I'll give it 5-stars!

krozman
03-15-2010, 04:40 PM
FSU is a lot like St. Mary's. They play in a conference where every year, the talent powerhouses crush them over and over and over. Even in years where they seem to get over the hump, the hump still isn't good enough for the Dukes or the UNC's.

Now that FSU is in the tourney, they'll be hungry for a win that doesn't feature the traditional beatdown.

Thankfully, GU will hopefully give them the beatdown they come to expect in their conference.

gamagin
03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
FSU is a lot like St. Mary's. They play in a conference where every year, the talent powerhouses crush them over and over and over. Even in years where they seem to get over the hump, the hump still isn't good enough for the Dukes or the UNC's.

Now that FSU is in the tourney, they'll be hungry for a win that doesn't feature the traditional beatdown.

Thankfully, GU will hopefully give them the beatdown they come to expect in their conference.

It's our duty to make them feel at home . . .

FrahmfortheWin
03-15-2010, 04:54 PM
+1 good breakdown.

McZag
03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Nice take Reborn.

We've learned a lot over the past 12 years about the committee. They're almost like family aren't they? Well maybe not quite but here's what I've learned about them:

1. The committee largely represents Big Conference Athletics.
AD's, Past AD's, Commissioners, Past Commissioners from both coasts north and south crowd the hotel suite in Indy every year. They bring their bias's allegiances and employers with them regardless of the sound bites we hear on Selection Sunday.

2.Big conference guys hate losing to small conference guys-especially in Nov and Dec.
Why? Because they know their new recruits and toubted fresh talent are not ready for primetime yet. Whether its Maui, Alaska, NIT or Jimmy V, these guys want their teams to start the year with a splash not a thud at the hands of Gonzaga. So while they will give us the nod for winning those games they will certainly slam us for losing even 1 conference game in Jan-March. We see it this year. We've seen it for several years now.

2. The committee must deny one of their own when GU fails to win the automatic.
They aren't anti-GU, just anti-cutting one of their own because of GU. Somebody was upset that GU ruined the dance for Miss St, or VT or Illinois and the penalty is an 8 seed in Buffalo.

Obviously I'm making gross generalizations here and I welcome the feedback.

But this was, is, and always will be a Big Boys party. And we will be most certainly the Crashers in powder blue suits who show up late, loud, and hitting on their tail-to the Big Shots.

I personally keep my suit in moth balls all year and just got it out yesterday. Still fits like a glove after 12 years!!!

Go Zags!!

gamagin
03-15-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't know if what you say is factual or not, but my very first thought after the SMC game was "someone" would be mad as hell to have to allow 2 WCC dance tix when the unwritten goal was one.

One can only imagine how much madder they'd become if both teams make it deep into the dance. Or we win. Katy bar the door.

lastly, I think I know you and it's disgusting (in a complimentary way) not only that your suit fits, but that you still look like a kid (except for the shiny spots on your pate) ready to take on the world the way you did so successfully for the Zags.

BlueVoodoo07
03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm going with the orange cream ruffled suit myself:)

Reborn
03-15-2010, 06:29 PM
McZag! Great points! I was also going to talk about what you did, but I just left my agnst against the committee pretty short. I'm glad you took the bait and developed a very good post. One other mid-major who did not win their conference tournament was UTEP, and they ended up a 12 seed. They were a top 25 team in the polls as were the Zags.

Now the odd thing is that New Mexico also loses in their conference semi's an does not pay any price at all. They must be considered a major university. I know their coach is def a part of the "good 'ol boys" gang. I am also reallly pulling for UTEP in their game with Butler. I think it's a shame to put those two teams together because they are mid-majors, and would both win their first game most likely. They also stick St. Mary's against Richmond, New Mexico against Montana, Cornell vs Temple and Northern Iowa vs UNLV. You can clearly see how they stuck the mid-majors against each other to avoid the many upsets that have made this such a popular tournament. You can truly see how they didn't want the mid-majors upsetting the Big Boys. I hope the mid-majors can rise up against this obvious prejudice by the selection committee and do some great damage in this tournament, just as in days of old. GO MID-MAJORs. You see when the committee matches up so many mid-majors against each other in the first round it keeps the number of mid-majors who advance in the tournament to a minimum. AND THAT PALIN SUCKS. I hope a lot more of the mid-major universities notice this bias. And I do hope that mid-major universities who play major universities beat the hell out of them in the first round: Gonzaga vs Florida St; Woffard over Wisconsin; Sienna vs Purdue;Utah St vs Texas A&M;Old Dominion vs Notre Dame;New Mexico St vs Michigan St;San Diego St vs Tennessee, Murrray St vs Vandy; Xavier vs Minnesota; BYU vs Florida. GO MID MAJORS........

snebzag
03-15-2010, 07:28 PM
What bothers me about FSU is defense. We got sucked into WSU and Tony Bennets desense scheme three years ago. I don't think we can try and be big with them, having KO and Will get pushed around and Robert getting fouls. Zags need to push it hard. For some minutes I would love to see Meech and GJ on the floor at the same time and run like hell, albeit short minutes. Push em, get their bigs some fouls or kick it out if they can find the patience or the brake on their sneakers. I look for SG to be big in this one. I also think that all conference games and OOC games are gone at this point. Two teams, head to head. Last loss or win doesn't mean a thing. Go Zags!

CenturionNole23
03-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I have been lurking this board or a day an I have enjoyed the conversations bit I felt now was the time to sign up and post my thoughts.

First off let me say I enjoy this matchup as a FSU and look to a good matchup against a legit mid major team that has proven themselves in past years.

A couple things from the original post:

1) FSU beat MArquette at a neutral site it wasn't at our place which makes the won a bit more impressive.

2). The ACC was the third rated conference on terms of strength and RPI and I think you guys are overlooking our third place finish quite a bit.

3) We beat Wake while you guys lost to them. We held aminu to no points through tough d, not because he had an off night.

Like I said I look forward to a great game. Go Noles!

Radbooks
03-15-2010, 08:07 PM
While I don't always agree with the seedings and where we are placed in the tourney, I feel I have to point out that you're wrong here McZag. The committee - at least this year - is not largely represented by the Big Conferences, it was a 50-50 split between the two. The committee was made up of people from the following schools: UCLA, Ohio St., Kent St., UC-Riverside, UCONN, UT-San Antonio, Xavier, Wake Forest and then the commissioners of the Big Sky and the Big 12.

Here's the link (http://www.bracketography.com/selection-committee/) to the website which talks about who the exact individuals are.

1. The committee largely represents Big Conference Athletics.
AD's, Past AD's, Commissioners, Past Commissioners from both coasts north and south crowd the hotel suite in Indy every year. They bring their bias's allegiances and employers with them regardless of the sound bites we hear on Selection Sunday.

Obviously I'm making gross generalizations here and I welcome the feedback.

willandi
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I have been lurking this board or a day an I have enjoyed the conversations bit I felt now was the time to sign up and post my thoughts.

First off let me say I enjoy this matchup as a FSU and look to a good matchup against a legit mid major team that has proven themselves in past years.

A couple things from the original post:

1) FSU beat MArquette at a neutral site it wasn't at our place which makes the won a bit more impressive.

2). The ACC was the third rated conference on terms of strength and RPI and I think you guys are overlooking our third place finish quite a bit.

3) We beat Wake while you guys lost to them. We held aminu to no points through tough d, not because he had an off night.

Like I said I look forward to a great game. Go Noles!

Welcome to the forum!! nice first post.

The WCC isn't rated that high, but there are some surprising teams that, when healthy, can give any one a run for their money.

We have several neutral site wins ourselves.

We should have beat Wake. I know shoulda/coulda, but Harris was ejected after retaliating to an elbow by McFarland. He was a young freshman then, he is seasoned, and smarter now.

Good luck, and have a safe flight home Saturday. Go Zags!!!

MJ777
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
McZag! Great points! I was also going to talk about what you did, but I just left my agnst against the committee pretty short. I'm glad you took the bait and developed a very good post. One other mid-major who did not win their conference tournament was UTEP, and they ended up a 12 seed. They were a top 25 team in the polls as were the Zags.

Now the odd thing is that New Mexico also loses in their conference semi's an does not pay any price at all. They must be considered a major university. I know their coach is def a part of the "good 'ol boys" gang. I am also reallly pulling for UTEP in their game with Butler. I think it's a shame to put those two teams together because they are mid-majors, and would both win their first game most likely. They also stick St. Mary's against Richmond, New Mexico against Montana, Cornell vs Temple and Northern Iowa vs UNLV. You can clearly see how they stuck the mid-majors against each other to avoid the many upsets that have made this such a popular tournament. You can truly see how they didn't want the mid-majors upsetting the Big Boys. I hope the mid-majors can rise up against this obvious prejudice by the selection committee and do some great damage in this tournament, just as in days of old. GO MID-MAJORs. You see when the committee matches up so many mid-majors against each other in the first round it keeps the number of mid-majors who advance in the tournament to a minimum. AND THAT PALIN SUCKS. I hope a lot more of the mid-major universities notice this bias. And I do hope that mid-major universities who play major universities beat the hell out of them in the first round: Gonzaga vs Florida St; Woffard over Wisconsin; Sienna vs Purdue;Utah St vs Texas A&M;Old Dominion vs Notre Dame;New Mexico St vs Michigan St;San Diego St vs Tennessee, Murrray St vs Vandy; Xavier vs Minnesota; BYU vs Florida. GO MID MAJORS........

C'mon Reborn; you know there is to be no political talk on the BB board. Sure she is no Ronald Reagan, but she seems like a nice gal who graduated from a Mid Major U (Idaho). You Betcha! ;)

Reborn
03-15-2010, 09:20 PM
C'mon Reborn; you know there is to be no political talk on the BB board. Sure she is no Ronald Reagan, but she seems like a nice gal who graduated from a Mid Major U (Idaho). You Betcha! ;)

You know this board just keeps getting worse and worse in my opinion. We've already had the Malestine thing, and much of his antics were directed toward me (when rating a post using a different names to cay criticizing things, and using a false identity when sending me private messages and saying pretty mean things).

And now we have someone opening one of my posts and adding something about Sarah Palin in my post as if I'm saying this. I'm sick of this crap, and I'm feeling that I'm about ready to do something about it. IF I can legally because obviously the moderators can't control people getting inside someones posts and saying mean and stupid things in them to make them look bad. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INTO MY POSTS THAT ARE NOT MINE. AND PLEASE DON'T MISQUOTE ME MAKING SUCH A STUPID STATEMENT LIKE THAT. THAT'S SICK WHOEVER YOU ARE????? Who was it who last did a sick thing like this?

I truly know some of you want me off this board. But THIS is a low blow. And I think worth investigating. How can people get into my posts and add or delete somehing into my posts? Is it really that EASY?

TexasZagFan
03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
You know this board just keeps getting worse and worse in my opinion. We've already had the Malestine thing, and much of his antics were directed toward me (when rating a post using a different names to cay criticizing things, and using a false identity when sending me private messages and saying pretty mean things).

And now we have someone opening one of my posts and adding something about Sarah Palin in my post as if I'm saying this. I'm sick of this crap, and I'm feeling that I'm about ready to do something about it. IF I can legally because obviously the moderators can't control people getting inside someones posts and saying mean and stupid things in them to make them look bad. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INTO MY POSTS THAT ARE NOT MINE. AND PLEASE DON'T MISQUOTE ME MAKING SUCH A STUPID STATEMENT LIKE THAT. THAT'S SICK WHOEVER YOU ARE????? Who was it who last did a sick thing like this?

I truly know some of you want me off this board. But THIS is a low blow. And I think worth investigating. How can people get into my posts and add or delete somehing into my posts? Is it really that EASY?

My money's on LIZF.... :lmao:

:jk:

Seriously though, this is worth investigating. This is even worse than anonymous neg rep.

skan72
03-15-2010, 09:30 PM
While I think it is childish and shouldn't be allowed. I don't know if I would go so far as to describe it as sick. I think you are greatly overreacting. I don't know how one, besides a mod, even gets into someone else's post and edits it.

krozman
03-15-2010, 09:30 PM
PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INTO MY .... STUPID STATEMENT ..... ?

Not misquoting you....just deleting language and adding the three dots to get the secret message in your post.

MJ777
03-15-2010, 09:43 PM

Gee Reborn; I was just funning with what I thought was a typo by you (Palin instead of plain). So sorry for my contribution to this incident. I guess the ALL CAPS should have been a tipoff but.........

Who is behind the latest Zag-gate scandal? Who is a good hacker on board? Hmmmm, My money is on an FSU fan.

MJ

sullyzag66
03-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Who took all the tin foil?

lothar98zag
03-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Gee Reborn; I was just funning with what I thought was a typo by you (Palin instead of plain). So sorry for my contribution to this incident. I guess the ALL CAPS should have been a tipoff but.........

Who is behind the latest Zag-gate scandal? Who is a good hacker on board? Hmmmm, My money is on an FSU fan.

MJ
:roll:

step back from the ledge reborn.

It's only Monday...

Democratic Nole
03-16-2010, 07:42 AM

The WCC isn't rated that high, but there are some surprising teams that, when healthy, can give any one a run for their money.

We should have beat Wake. I know shoulda/coulda, but Harris was ejected after retaliating to an elbow by McFarland. He was a young freshman then, he is seasoned, and smarter now.

Good luck, and have a safe flight home Saturday. Go Zags!!!

We've had our run ins with that scum McFarland too. He is the cheapest player in the ACC. He has had our center Alabi ejected and I believe has gotten our F Ryan Reid either assessed a technical foul or ejected.

In general, good luck to you guys Friday and hopefully it will be a good game. With Gus Johnson calling the game, there is a high likelihood that the game will be close.

FSU is a very jekyll and hide team. The talent is there to be very very good. Singleton, Kitchen, Alabi, and Snaer are all capable of scoring over 20 points in a game. Dulkys and Loucks if they are on can score as well. Xaiver Gibson is our most athletic and gifted offensive big man at 6-11. They problem is that we are woefully inconsistent and poorly coached. Our offensive scheme is like watching a paraplegic attempt to swim in a hurricane: painful. I could see us winning by 10+, winning close, losing close, or losing by 10+. It all is a matter of what team shows up on Friday.

Defensively, I can almost guarantee that Kitchen will be guarding Bouldin. Singleton will guard Harris. While Singleton is our best defender, he is never matched up against the opponent's PG. Alabi alters the game because of his size, but can be pushed around by bigger and more physical players. Ryan Reid typically plays the other team's best post player because he is the most fundamentally sound defensively in the post.

I've enjoyed reading your boards because it sounds like you guys think very similar to us about our respective teams. It should be a good game Friday and while the homer in me thinks we can win, I will readily admit that if it comes down to a battle of coaching decisions, Few will run circles around Leonard Hamilton.

Good luck and Go Noles!

LongIslandZagFan
03-16-2010, 07:48 AM

Typo dude.... you had a unfortunate typo.

kitzbuel
03-16-2010, 08:04 AM
FWIW, Reborn, I went into the FOO and edited a post there. I could change it, but at the very bottom of the post it says 'Last edited by kitzbuel'

Pargo the Destroyer
03-16-2010, 08:13 AM
This thread has it all: drama, mayhem, deception, a weird love triange ( still figuring that one out ) a huge conspiracy plot, and in the end, all because of one typo in one post.

Sam Elliot as Reborn

Dave Chapelle as Mj777

David Patterson as LIZF

VInce Vaughn as Lothar

David Pendergraft as MCZag (he has not signed yet, speculation is rampant)

movie guy voice...." In a world where conspiracies grow and plots thicken, unsuspecting posts are being compromised and laced with........POLITICAL INNUENDO! But one man has had enough, one man..... Armed with tacit dexterity and a mind sharp as a knife, he will conquer the unknown world of Guboards.com and find........THE POLITICAL INNUENDO POST HACKING GUY! or was it all just a typo... we will never know...."

ZagLawGrad
03-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Fargo

theman.themyth.thelegend
03-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Someone is a little tense. Understandably so. Maybe this article can lend some help and allow you to forgive, let go, and eventually, move on:

Nearly everyone has been hurt by the actions or words of another. Perhaps your mother criticized your parenting skills or your partner had an affair. These wounds can leave you with lasting feelings of anger, bitterness and even vengeance but if you don't practice forgiveness, you may be the one who pays most dearly. By embracing forgiveness, you embrace peace, hope, gratitude and joy.

What is forgiveness?
Generally, forgiveness is a decision to let go of resentment and thoughts of revenge. The act that hurt or offended you may always remain a part of your life, but forgiveness can lessen its grip on you and help you focus on other, positive parts of your life. Forgiveness can even lead to feelings of understanding, empathy and compassion for the one who hurt you.

Forgiveness doesn't mean that you deny the other person's responsibility for hurting you, and it doesn't minimize or justify the wrong. You can forgive the person without excusing the act. Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life.

What are the benefits of forgiving someone?
Letting go of grudges and bitterness makes way for compassion, kindness and peace. Forgiveness can lead to:

-Healthier relationships
-Greater spiritual and psychological well-being
-Less stress and hostility
-Lower blood pressure
-Fewer symptoms of depression, anxiety and chronic pain
-Lower risk of alcohol and substance abuse
-Why is it so easy to hold a grudge?
-When you're hurt by someone you love and trust, you may become angry, sad or confused. If you dwell on hurtful events or situations, grudges filled with resentment, vengeance and hostility may take root. If you allow negative feelings to crowd out positive feelings, you may find yourself swallowed up by your own bitterness or sense of injustice.

What are the effects of holding a grudge?
If you're unforgiving, you may pay the price repeatedly by bringing anger and bitterness into every relationship and new experience. Your life may become so wrapped up in the wrong that you can't enjoy the present. You may become depressed or anxious. You may feel that your life lacks meaning or purpose, or that you're at odds with your spiritual beliefs. You may lose valuable and enriching connectedness with others.

How do I reach a state of forgiveness?
Forgiveness is a commitment to a process of change. A way to begin is by recognizing the value of forgiveness and its importance in your life at a given time. Then reflect on the facts of the situation, how you've reacted, and how this combination has affected your life, health and well-being. When you're ready, actively choose to forgive the person who's offended you. Move away from your role as victim and release the control and power the offending person and situation have had in your life. As you let go of grudges, you'll no longer define your life by how you've been hurt. You may even find compassion and understanding.

What happens if I can't forgive someone?
Forgiveness can be challenging. It may be particularly hard to forgive someone who doesn't admit wrong or doesn't speak of his or her sorrow. If you find yourself stuck, it may help to write in a journal, pray or use guided meditation. You may want to talk with a person you've found to be wise and compassionate, such as a spiritual leader, a mental health provider, or an unbiased family member or friend. You may also want to reflect on times you've hurt others and on those who've forgiven you. Keep in mind that forgiveness has the potential to increase your sense of integrity, peace and overall well-being.

Does forgiveness guarantee reconciliation?
If the hurtful event involved someone whose relationship you otherwise value, forgiveness may lead to reconciliation. This isn't always the case, however. Reconciliation may be impossible if the offender has died or is unwilling to communicate with you. In other cases, reconciliation may not be appropriate, especially if you were attacked or assaulted. But even in those cases, forgiveness is still possible even if reconciliation isn't.

What if I have to interact with the person who hurt me but I don't want to?
If you haven't reached a state of forgiveness, being near the person who hurt you may be tense and stressful. To handle these situations, remember that you have a choice whether or not to attend specific functions and gatherings. Respect yourself and do what seems best. If you choose to attend, don't be surprised by a certain amount of awkwardness and perhaps even more intense feelings. Do your best to keep an open heart and mind. You may find that the gathering helps you to move forward with forgiveness.

What if the person I'm forgiving doesn't change?
Getting another person to change his or her actions, behavior or words isn't the point of forgiveness. Think of forgiveness more about how it can change your life by bringing you more peace, happiness, and emotional and spiritual healing. Forgiveness takes away the power the other person continues to wield in your life.

What if I'm the one who needs forgiveness?
Consider admitting the wrong you've done to those you've harmed, speaking of your sincere sorrow or regret, and specifically asking for forgiveness without making excuses. Remember, however, you can't force someone to forgive you. Others need to move to forgiveness in their own time. Simply acknowledge your faults and admit your mistakes. Then commit to treating others with compassion, empathy and respect.

kitzbuel
03-16-2010, 08:22 AM
This thread has it all: drama, mayhem, deception, a weird love triange ( still figuring that one out ) a huge conspiracy plot, and in the end, all because of one typo in one post.

Sam Elliot as Reborn

Dave Chapelle as Mj777

David Patterson as LIZF

VInce Vaughn as Lothar

David Pendergraft as MCZag (he has not signed yet, speculation is rampant)

movie guy voice...." In a world where conspiracies grow and plots thicken, unsuspecting posts are being compromised and laced with........POLITICAL INNUENDO! But one man has had enough, one man..... Armed with tacit dexterity and a mind sharp as a knife, he will conquer the unknown world of Guboards.com and find........THE POLITICAL INNUENDO POST HACKING GUY! or was it all just a typo... we will never know...."

And poor democrat nole is trying to figure out what the heck is going on as he just wandered into a dysfunctional family food fight.
:D

ZagMania
03-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Defensively, I can almost guarantee that Kitchen will be guarding Bouldin. Singleton will guard Harris. While Singleton is our best defender, he is never matched up against the opponent's PG. Alabi alters the game because of his size, but can be pushed around by bigger and more physical players. Ryan Reid typically plays the other team's best post player because he is the most fundamentally sound defensively in the post.

I undoubtedly don't know FSU that well but I think Singleton guards Bouldin. Meech is our PG in the sense that he brings the ball up, but the offense runs through Bouldin. If Singleton is on Harris, then Reid guards Sacre and that leaves Alabi on who? Definitely makes most sense for Singleton to be on Bouldin when Alabi and Reid are also on the floor, and that worries me quite a bit.

cjm720
03-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I am also reallly pulling for UTEP in their game with Butler. I think it's a shame to put those two teams together because they are mid-majors, and would both win their first game most likely. They also stick St. Mary's against Richmond, New Mexico against Montana, Cornell vs Temple and Northern Iowa vs UNLV. You can clearly see how they stuck the mid-majors against each other to avoid the many upsets that have made this such a popular tournament. You can truly see how they didn't want the mid-majors upsetting the Big Boys...You see when the committee matches up so many mid-majors against each other in the first round it keeps the number of mid-majors who advance in the tournament to a minimum. AND THAT PALIN SUCKS.

On the contrary, of the mid-majors that face each other, one is guaranteed to play a second game and be in a position to "upset" a major conference team. The committee essentially has guaranteed serveral mid-majors to advance and this is a good thing IMO.

I'm thinking you meant "plain" LOL.

LongIslandZagFan
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
And poor democrat nole is trying to figure out what the heck is going on as he just wandered into a dysfunctional family food fight.
:D

:lmao:

Sorry D-Nole... and welcome to the board.

We aren't usually like this on the MBB board. PtD got out of his cage again and is off his meds.

Now if you want to meet the odd relatives (like PtD and myself) that they put in the corner at family functions head over to the foo... but be warned, many have gone in and never came out.

BlueVoodoo07
03-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I think if they put Singletary on Matty, Harris will go off big for us. I think Gray and his outside shot will be the factor of us winning by double digits, or really grinding a win out. Either way we should win.

sonuvazag
03-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Let me say this as palinly as possible. i love this thread and I hope no one was hurt permantly because of it.

tinfoilzag
03-16-2010, 11:10 AM
:lmao:

Sorry D-Nole... and welcome to the board.

We aren't usually like this on the MBB board. PtD got out of his cage again and is off his meds.

They are just acting out because we have company.:D

skan72
03-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Let me say this as palinly as possible. i love this thread and I hope no one was hurt permantly because of it.

Whether incidental or not, that's hilarious.

adoptedzag
03-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Fargo

Is that a Eureka reference?!

Pargo the Destroyer
03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
There comes a time in every mans life where you just gotta look in the mirror and say to yourself " Gosh darnit, people like me" I just had one of those moments. Ok, off to find meds....

Pargo the Destroyer
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
FYI lizf, I picture you as more of a Saturday Night Live David Patterson, you know, Jersey hating and all that. I like that Patterson...

lothar98zag
03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
By their stat breakdown it appears that FSU's main D is man2man, but do they ever play zone? If so, how much? how well?

Thanks

lothar98zag
03-16-2010, 01:09 PM
By their stat breakdown it appears that FSU's main D is man2man, but do they ever play zone? If so, how much? how well?

Thanks

Democratic Nole
03-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Thanks

We will play some zone defense, but it is rare. For years Hamilton refused to play anything but man-to-man defense. It pains him to change his ways, although we have played more zone defense this year than ever before. He'd be smart to use it in this game, but wise coaching decisions aren't Leonard's forte.

gamagin
03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
On the contrary, of the mid-majors that face each other, one is guaranteed to play a second game and be in a position to "upset" a major conference team. The committee essentially has guaranteed serveral mid-majors to advance and this is a good thing IMO.

I'm thinking you meant "plain" LOL.

CJM: I think you have found the culprit ! !

reborn, fess up, did you juxtapose your letters in that infamous quote ? It sure, suddenly, makes sense, if you did. Moreso than a mod or hacker. I think now that you hacked yourself here.

All you need to do is check the original message you sent in your email list and see if your post was a rather funny faux pas.

Reborn
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
:lmao: :lmao:

What a great thread guys!!! During a very tense weak, and lots of stress due to getting ripped by the Selection Committee, the brilliance of Gonzaga humor has certainly saved this weak. Some of these posts have just rocked me. Thanks!!! I needed some really good humor just before the tournament begins on Thursday. I will probably read some of these again before then. When humor is needed to release tension, Zagdom is second to none. Maybe that's what makes this such a fantastic MBB Board. Maybe Few will have the guys read this thread to show them what can happen when you begin to take things too serious. Ha ha ha. I must confess that I was pretty mad about being seeded eighth, and maybe I DID let it get to me. And maybe I needed to get mad. Sometimes I think I do. Sorry I took it too far. But thanks for helping me steer the course and get back on track.

And in terms of basketball, if the guys can remember that in the end it's just another game maybe they too will relax. :)

Go Zags!!!

kitzbuel
03-16-2010, 06:28 PM
We will play some zone defense, but it is rare. For years Hamilton refused to play anything but man-to-man defense. It pains him to change his ways, although we have played more zone defense this year than ever before. He'd be smart to use it in this game, but wise coaching decisions aren't Leonard's forte.
It could really, really hurt him if Gray, Bouldin and Harris all get hot.

CenturionNole23
03-16-2010, 07:44 PM

Good luck, and have a safe flight home Saturday. Go Zags!!!Believe me, as an ACC fan I know all too well how low McFarland can be. He faked getting hurt during one of our games last year that put them to the line with one second left to beat us. At the end of the game he was laughing. He is a punk and does stuff like that all the time.

I am really looking forward to this matchup and good luck to all!