PDA

View Full Version : Boom Boom Boom

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Remember all the Bol Kong hype...the threads..the hope...the rumors...the overblown expectations? What a long and winding road this young man had to tread to enter into Zagdom. He now has a year of D-1 competition under his belt; the rust is off his game; is now the time?

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Bol Kong is crashing the dance!!!!!

BOOM BOOM BOOM

MickMick
03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Remember all the Bol Kong hype...the threads..the hope...the rumors...the overblown expectations? What a long and winding road this young man had to tread to enter into Zagdom. He now has a year of D-1 competition under his belt; the rust is off his game; is now the time?

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Bol Kong is crashing the dance!!!!!

BOOM BOOM BOOM

With Arop done, Kong definitely needs to assume a larger role. In my opinion, it is Kong, more than any other player, that has to step up to the plate and compensate for the absence.

If the Zags are fortunate enough to get past FSU, Kong's perimeter shooting must be red hot to draw defensive attention away from the other players that typically score.

skan72
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Just see gamagin's quote in my signature. Y'know how it is.

krozman
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
You can't see the Z or the S in your signature now. Time to retool it sir.

gamagin
03-15-2010, 05:37 PM
With Arop done, Kong definitely needs to assume a larger role. In my opinion, it is Kong, more than any other player, that has to step up to the plate and compensate for the absence.

If the Zags are fortunate enough to get past FSU, Kong's perimeter shooting must be red hot to draw defensive attention away from the other players that typically score.

Few elaborates on the Jim Rome show/hudson show thread.

He says Manny is going to be very difficult to replace, but BK, KO, maybe even GJ & GG will have to fill in the void.

I think as we run up against the better teams, we are going to also have to try and find a longer guard/defender due to the mismatches created w/Meech underneath. Even SMC did this a number of times, not just with Meech, but with MB mismatched with Omar. It worked nearly every frustrating time they ran their rotations. I am positive others will pick it up and try to make it happen as often as possible. It's a natural.

That would mean BK, KO & perhaps GG, then GJ, but GJ, imo, would then be part of a mismatch.

skan72
03-15-2010, 05:51 PM
You can't see the Z or the S in your signature now. Time to retool it sir.

I can see them, I had them in silver for along time...but it's just not the Gonzaga white. If you look, you can definitely see them.

jim77
03-15-2010, 06:55 PM
It would be nice to see Kong assert himself. Bol has the lenght that basically nobody can prevent his shot....not to mention he's pretty darn good getting to the hoop when he wants. It would be HUGE for the ZAGS if BOL stepped up. Bol is the type of scorer to give FSU fits.

BlueVoodoo07
03-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Hopefully The Darkness will light up from 3 point land.:p

RenoZag
03-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Remember all the Bol Kong hype...the threads..the hope...the rumors...the overblown expectations?

Yup.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-16-2010, 08:53 AM

Just hoping Bol Kong becomes a real spark for the team now that he's had some time to adjust to D-1 hoops.

GO ZAGS!!!