PDA

View Full Version : Watching the GU vs. FSU game Fri

LynetteG
03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
As someone pointed out in another thread, lovely CBS is showing the MSU game at the same time Gonzaga plays in Buffalo...which means locally we'll be watching MSU! Not that I don't want to watch MSU, but push come to shove and I'm watching GU!

How?? Where??? HELP!!!!!!!

bartruff1
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM
The Gonzaga site sez the game is on CBS at around 4...I fully expect it will be.

skan72
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
On CBSsports' website they air ALL the games, for free in HD. You will have no trouble watching any game your heart desires.

ID ZAGFAN
03-15-2010, 04:32 PM
On CBSsports' website they air ALL the games, for free in HD. You will have no trouble watching any game your heart desires.

Yes, but...

with our satellite service (we are out of range of broadband service) we cannot watch live video streaming.

So will we be able to see the Zags on TV--CBS?

ID ZAGFAN

ZagLawGrad
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I bet Dennis Patchin knows the answer to this. BRING BACK DENNIS! We need a shot in the arm.

gbnyba17
03-15-2010, 04:55 PM
As someone pointed out in another thread, lovely CBS is showing the MSU game at the same time Gonzaga plays in Buffalo...which means locally we'll be watching MSU! Not that I don't want to watch MSU, but push come to shove and I'm watching GU!

How?? Where??? HELP!!!!!!!

Are you trying to tell me that the MSU game will be shown over ours in Spokane? Because if so, I'd have to either say you're crazy or CBS is crazy!!!

ID ZAGFAN
03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes, but...

with our satellite internet service (we are out of range of broadband service) we cannot watch live video streaming.

ID ZAGFAN

Our satellite remote guide lists both Buffalo and Florida for that time on Friday. So I called the GU ticket office (the only number I know off the top of my head to get through before 5:00PM) and she checked for me and said that the Zags will be on CBS here in the Spokane viewing area.

I hope she's right--if not my husband is on notice that he will have to check us into a hotel in Sandpoint to use their broadband internet service. :)

ID ZAGFAN

skan72
03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes, but...

with our satellite service (we are out of range of broadband service) we cannot watch live video streaming.

ID ZAGFAN

Are you using something faster than dial-up internet? Or do you not have internet at your house?

ID ZAGFAN
03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Are you using something faster than dial-up internet? Or do you not have internet at your house?

We have Hughesnet satellite internet. It is faster than dial-up, but one of the caveats when we purchased it is that it cannot stream video. Are the games on internet (nCBS zports) not streamed?

I know that I struggle to upload the Krem videos and you tube etc. videos--I have to click pause--wait several minutes, and then play, but I am not savvy enough to know if this would be the same thing with the CBS videos.

(We are 16 miles north of Sandpoint and we can get dial-up internet through verizon or statellite video through Hughes net.)

ID ZAGFAN

skan72
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
We have Hughesnet satellite internet. It is faster than dial-up, but one of the caveats when we purchased it is that it cannot stream video. Are the games on internet (nCBS zports) not streamed?

I know that I struggle to upload the Krem videos and you tube etc. videos--I have to click pause--wait several minutes, and then play, but I am not savvy enough to know if this would be the same thing with the CBS videos.

(We are 16 miles north of Sandpoint and we can get dial-up internet through verizon or statellite video through Hughes net.)

ID ZAGFAN

This is very unfortunate. The games will be streamed live, it's not the same as pausing and letting youtube videos load. :(

krozman
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
The difference for me is that my computer is a 20 inch screen in my office, where my kids play curious george and my wife checks her facebook.

My family room downstairs has a 50 inch plasma HDTV, a true and ultra powerful 7.1 audio theatre that I can turn up to pretty much whatever volume I choose without disturbing everyone upstairs.

While I will watch on the computer if I have to, PLEASE GOD GIVE ME A TV ALTERNATIVE!.

Birddog
03-15-2010, 05:41 PM
If you have DirecTV, you can sign up for mega march madness (about$70) and watch all the other games too. The GU game will be opposite the Oklahoma St game and since I live in OK, you know what will be on in this area. I love MMM!!

ID ZAGFAN
03-15-2010, 05:46 PM
If you have DirecTV, you can sign up for mega march madness (about$70) and watch all the other games too. The GU game will be opposite the Oklahoma St game and since I live in OK, you know what will be on in this area. I love MMM!!

Does anyone know of Dish has something similar?

ID ZAGFAN

skan72
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
The difference for me is that my computer is a 20 inch screen in my office, where my kids play curious george and my wife checks her facebook.

My family room downstairs has a 50 inch plasma HDTV, a true and ultra powerful 7.1 audio theatre that I can turn up to pretty much whatever volume I choose without disturbing everyone upstairs.

While I will watch on the computer if I have to, PLEASE GOD GIVE ME A TV ALTERNATIVE!.

Do you have a lap top? If it's a new TV you can for sure buy a 30-40 dollar cord to hook up your lap top to it then just stream the game from your lap top to your TV.

BoltZag
03-15-2010, 05:51 PM
...which means locally we'll be watching MSU!

It would help if you clarified exactly where "locally" is. If locally means Spokane and you heard that KREM2 will NOT be airing the Gonzaga game, you heard 100% wrong. It will be a constant feed - meaning even if it's a blowout, CBS stays with it.

The rest of the PAC-NW and much of the south will get the game on main with flex options. Florida goes constant.

Let's not get everyone going crazy with rumors.

krozman
03-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Do you have a lap top? If it's a new TV you can for sure buy a 30-40 dollar cord to hook up your lap top to it then just stream the game from your lap top to your TV.

No. I suppose it's possible to unplug the cable connection to the TV and plug it into my cable modem downstairs, lugging the entire computer downstairs so I can do a stream......but man, thats just work and something will go wrong...

sullyzag66
03-15-2010, 05:59 PM

ID ZAGFAN
I think it's exclusive to DirecTV.

Birddog
03-15-2010, 07:53 PM

Dish to the best of my knowledge, doesn't offer anywhere near the special programming that DirecTV does, like MLB, MMM, Full Court, etc. I just figured you probably had DirecTV if you had Hughesnet. Hughesnet used to be DirecPC and/or Direcway and was at one time owned by the same company (Hughes) as DirecTV.