PDA

View Full Version : Do You Bracket For Money or Love?

75Zag
03-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I almost hate to post this for fear of corrupting the many choir boys and girls who appear to frequent this blog, but I have heard rumors that people actually bet money on their bracket predictions in the NCAA tournament. In case I meet some of those degenerate gamblers tomorrow night at 7:30 at the Irish bar across the street from my office, I was wondering how other GU fans (or fanatics) handle the dilemma of whether to bracket for money or for love of GU.

The lovely Mrs. '75 and I both graduated from GU in 1975 and one of our daughters graduated in 2004 and many other siblings, nieces, nephews share our love of all things Crosby. We love GU and would never do anything to sully the blue and red and white.....

But if you were going to throw $1000 into the hopper along with 19 other degenerate gamblers as part of an NCAA bracket pool, and if you saw your beloved GU facing the Ugly Orange in the 2nd round of games, what would you do?

Do some of you make two brackets? One for Money and one for Love?

If I had not slept through Ethics (or was it Philosophy 401) I might know the answer without asking the crowd, but whatever.

What say you?

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

CB4
03-15-2010, 09:56 AM
I usually do a couple brackets. One with my heart, and one with my mind. The one with my mind is the one I submit for the office pool.

zag944
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Somehow I feel that my bracket is about 58% responsible for how well the Zags do in the tourney. Therefore, sometimes I feel that what I put WILL happen and other times I want to reverse jinx them. Its all very complicated. I need to meditate for awhile.

RenoZag
03-15-2010, 09:59 AM
The point of filling out a bracket is to win the contest and prizes. I regularly catch hell from fellow Zags who enter common bracket contests and see that I don't have the Zags going at least to the Elite 8 every year. . .

LongIslandZagFan
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I usually do a couple brackets. One with my heart, and one with my mind. The one with my mind is the one I submit for the office pool.

I do two brackets in every pool I am in... one Zag bracket (NC baby!), one realistic bracket.

skan72
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Somehow I feel that my bracket is about 58% responsible for how well the Zags do in the tourney. Therefore, sometimes I feel that what I put WILL happen and other times I want to reverse jinx them. Its all very complicated. I need to meditate for awhile.

I'd like to see your calculation for that 58% number.

PS I do it for love...of money.

kitzbuel
03-15-2010, 10:16 AM

The same.

23dpg
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
My ESPN bracket has a #1 seed, 2 #2s, and a #8 seed in the final four.

whatazag
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Love all the way. My office bracket pays out in a weighted way, so having GU go a considerable distance has not always killed me (looking back, I guess it is possible I would win outright every year if I were reasonable here). Amongst friends we all have GU going the whole way, so no harm done there either.

bartruff1
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't bet for or against love...not prudent...

skan72
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
My ESPN bracket has a #1 seed, 2 #2s, and a #8 seed in the final four.

Who is the number 8 seed? Texas?...no... Cal?...no... UNLV?...no... hmmmmm... I'm missing something here. :confused: