PDA

View Full Version : Zags 10 day break

alaskazagnut
03-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Bad thing or good thing. If t depends then why. On Friday it will have been the longest gap between games all year. Its one of the longest gaps in the nation before the Dance. FSU gets a solid 6 day rest. We are kinda beat up right now so this year I think we might need the healing time. Especially Bouldin and Gray.

Is the break better for us or is it going to hurt us. I tend to think it hurts. But we never have any game momentum going into the tournament because we always have either a 9 day break or a 10 day break, and we do better than average in the tournament.

MedZag
03-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Its been a bad thing certain years. This year I think it's exactly what they needed.

alaskazagnut
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
But that is why I voted that it depends.

FSU is getting 6 days to heal. 6 days should be enough for any team to heal the small bumps and bruises, so maybe 10 days is still too long.

MedZag
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I think the Zags needed more psychological healing than anything. Running sets until they get extra-crisp, building confidence back up in the system. They've been pressing too much the past handful of games and need to let the offense come to them more. They've let bumps and elbows get to them and gotten away from the pressing defense. They'll be sick of competing against each other and ready for a new challenge... I hope.

Ziggy
03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
I voted for "Good" because they were so beat up and under the weather according to all accounts. Maybe they get a pick-up game w/ the "old dogs" to sharpen back up before their departure on Wednesday.

U Zig, I Zag
03-15-2010, 08:13 AM
They needed to heal both emotionally and physically. Wish it was 15 days.

alaskazagnut
03-15-2010, 08:13 AM
I didn't really even consider the mental healing but you are very right.

Does time heal all wounds? I hope 10 days does.

alaskazagnut
03-15-2010, 08:15 AM
I voted for "Good" because they were so beat up and under the weather according to all accounts. Maybe they get a pick-up game w/ the "old dogs" to sharpen back up before their departure on Wednesday.

If we invited Portland for a scrimmage or even a game? Stupid idea?