PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Board Material

azzagfan
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Post it here (Not that they'll read all of the media coverage, but this hopefully will light a fire):

First up, Joe Lunardi:

Landon (Omaha,NE)
Gonzaga will beat FSU and I think will have a great chance at beating Syracuse

JOE LUNARDI
I see it the opposite way, Landon. Am not super impressed with Gonzaga and think FSU will stifle them fairly easily.

willandi
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Much like the committee dealt with Lunardi!!

FuManShoes
03-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Paraphrasing Hubert Davis: FSU has too much size and defense for GU.

NBC Sports: "As usual, Gonzaga’s offense is better than its defense. Anyone who watched their collapse against St. Mary’s in the WCC championship saw the Bulldogs fail to get stops when they needed. ... Somewhere, the Zags lost the toughness they displayed during their non-conference schedule."

ZagLawGrad
03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
If this team needs bulletin board material, we are in serious trouble. Bouldin and Gray might have more combined playing time in the Dance than any other players in the tourney this year. They know what needs to be done.

surfmonkey89
03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I have yet to be able to defend against any criticism I've heard.

We started the season with seven first-year players, and I wasn't even sure we'd make the dance. At this point I want to advance for recruiting purposes more than anything else.

Ezag
03-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Seriously, I think we lose this one.

FSU defense may be the best we have seen all season, they are big, very athletic and get after the ball. This season we have not been able to handle teams like that press like that and we are very turnover prone in those situations.

JohnOGU
03-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Depends on what team shows up. If they play how they did earlier in the year, we win. If not, we lose. I lost pretty much all expectations for this team after St. Mary's beat us down.

LongIslandZagFan
03-14-2010, 10:34 PM

FSU defense may be the best we have seen all season, they are big, very athletic and get after the ball. This season we have not been able to handle teams like that press like that and we are very turnover prone in those situations.

Great fan base... already chalking up a loss before the ball is in the air.

azzagfan
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Looking for material to motivate;
Despair and doom some feel they must create;
I find the analyst, but not a true fan;
Opine, comment, but unwilling to stand,
Strong support is what this team needs to roll,
Forward in the Dance, c'mon boys, crush them 'Noles.

Mods, lock this thread, it's been hijacked by negativity and doubt.

Saxon_zag
03-14-2010, 11:32 PM

It's a lot of peoples defense mechanism, expecting or outwardly projecting that you expect your side to lose so you can act as if its what you thought all along if it actually happens

Zag79
03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
bulletin board material? hmm... how about the fact we are an 8 seed, EIGHT seed. and we have to fly all the way out to NY. and play cuse, the there backyard. :lmao: if proving the commitee wrong, and demanding respect isnt enough we are SOL.

titopoet
03-15-2010, 04:44 AM

Cincy, MSU, Wisconsin all are better fundamental defenses. They are not a pressing defense as they have Alabi a great clean up man. They can gamble more.

It is back to 1999, no respect, which is good. They can take the us against the world attitude, Zags are healthy they can get pass FSU.

bigblahla
03-15-2010, 06:45 AM

+1

Go!! Zags!!!

ZagLawGrad
03-15-2010, 07:28 AM

I recall you made a couple of Zags' loss predictions last year. Before the games were played.

U Zig, I Zag
03-15-2010, 08:01 AM
From their board:

Re: Here's a neat comparison I found on the Gonzaga board Reply
Do they have a short guy that just runs around finding a hole then shooting 3's while our defense runs into their screens?

...sadly, no. :(