PDA

View Full Version : Dickie V & Digger Love for the Zags

Section 116
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
On the ESPN Bracketology show now airing (4:40pm PDT) Dickie V and Digger Phelps discussing the GU-FSU matchup: Dickie says if GU gets in the defensive mode they have exhibited so well at times this year is tough. If GU gets by FSU, which has trouble scoring at times, and I'm Syracuse, I'm nervous! Digger: Gonzaga is a solid team, Matt Bouldin is a much better player than his 2-8 shooting against SMC in the WCC championship game. Gray and Bouldin could give Syracuse's zone fits and with Harris and Sacre they have a solid inside game!

CDC84
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
FSU might be the best defensive team in the nation. It's a tough matchup.

If the Zags can get to round 2, the only way they can beat Syracuse is if Gray, Bouldin and Kong are hitting shots from 3. Syracuse is only 150 miles from Buffalo. The arena will be bleeding Orange.

SunDevilGolfZag
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Although I don't care for the location(Buffalo), I love this bracket. If we get past FSU, we get to play the currently most vulnerable #1 seed that is not on a roll. If we have a good day, we have our clearest path to the Final 4 ever. Not saying we'll get there, but this is clearly the best region to have a shot at it. In a rebuilding year, I'll take it.

McZag
03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Second Round?

Second Round?

You kiddin' me......Second Round?

Don't talk about......Second Round?

We got waxed by SMC last week. We looked broken down, beat up, and worn out.

We need one win. One win only and that's against FSU. That's the focus. That's the goal.

Second Round?

SunDevilGolfZag
03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Did you see the word "if" ??

VinnyZag
03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
He's channeling Jim Mora Sr.

IrishEv211
03-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes that is Mora and very funny...but he also makes a very good point in that FSU could beat us just like any other team and we have to focus on that game in order to maybe take advantage of a "vulnerable" Syracuse team

rijman
03-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Bardo was just talking up the Zags and he thinks they will beat FSU. I know Bardo talks like a Zags fan during the Zags telecasts, but I wasn't sure what he would say in the NCAA tourney preview. He was consistent with his positive Zag comments, which I was happy to hear.

JIMMYMAC
03-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I ran into Bardo in the elevator in Vegas immediately after the SMU game and told him that Spokane loves him but he shoulda clocked Samhan over the head with his microphone after the game for not shaking hands with Meech.